Morrissey: Covers and Critics - new article by Fiona Dodwell

Saw new positive article

Morrissey: Covers and Critics - Tremr
By Fiona Dodwell

Excerpt:

The predictable newspaper articles come forward whenever Morrissey does anything, usually from the same stale suspects, where there seems to be an agenda to direct people from the music and towards half-baked criticisms and tired quotes from the mouths that journalists seem desperate to find berating words from.

Just recently, The Guardian have tried to undermine California Son before it has even had a chance to hit record shops and streaming sites: the journalists there were already standing with their pens and swords, ready to swoop in to attempt to make empty digs at the artist.

However, it no longer matters, do they not see that? For the articles have been coming from the pens of bitter journalists towards Morrissey almost as long as he has been releasing music – it's evident from the behaviour of the media in general that they do not like anybody who does not fit into their docile box of acceptable opinions and behaviours. They will have a long wait, it seems, if they expect him to change.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I will defend his belief that animals shouldn't be killed to be eaten.
...but that’s indefensible.

The REAL crime is OVER-cooking them. No need. They’re already dead before they hit the grill. No need to kill them twice.

Yes, reasonable.

Desperate people that are put into desperate situations. Mental issues and turning to the wrong people that will steer them into more trouble, turning to these people online or in their broken community because their options (if they have any) were not serving/welcoming or they did not have the resources to help or even have a way to understand in order to help.

We live in a society that is not conscious enough of those around them that may need help, to be aware and sensitive enough to read the signs.

Hell, it’s survival. We all live in our own self constructed bubbles to protect our human frailty. It’s difficult to see outside of our fears to reach out to help or to even ask for help.

We are ALL .. GUILTY.

No no. Absolutely NOT.

We’re not ALL guilty.

We don’t ALL live in a f***ing bubble.

We’re not ALL xenophobic pussies.

We’re not all raised and educated by memes from the internet.

We don’t all subscribe to tribalistic f***-tardery,

We don’t ALL feel the need to take our own issues out on others, rather than accepting responsibility for our own shit.

...and some of us - long ago - developed the ability to ascertain shit-talk and shitty music from everyday life. Not so much the folks around here though.

It’s brutal, really. ...but as far as the guilty go, this site is a blessing.

At least we know where to find you.

But then, why so defensive ?

No no. Absolutely NOT.

We’re not ALL guilty.

We don’t ALL live in a f***ing bubble.

We’re not ALL xenophobic pussies.

We’re not all raised and educated by memes from the internet.

We don’t all subscribe to tribalistic f***-tardery,

We don’t ALL feel the need to take our own issues out on others, rather than accepting responsibility for our own shit.

...and some of us - long ago - developed the ability to ascertain shit-talk and shitty music from everyday life. Not so much the folks around here though.

It’s brutal, really. ...but as far as the guilty go, this site is a blessing.

At least we know where to find you.

But then, why so defensive ?
One thing I can never understand with you kids...

You’re basically couch-dwelling illiterates, yet you’re constantly reading emotion into the things that you ARE actually able to decipher.

It’s definitely a socio/psychological phenom.

Is this an orange clown rally or a Morrissey show?
9c35fb35c15420b5f6e5a2229c85fd2c9a02a84f.jpeg

Here’s how to tell the difference...

A Trump rally is held in a stadium that holds 50,000 people and the attendees are retarded or paid.

A Morrissey show is held in an arena that holds 2000 of EXACTLY the same kind of folks - but is half empty and surrounded by starving touts. ...and you couldn’t even f***ing pay people to fill the seats if the survival of western civilization depended on it.

same kind of people you see at a:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
'show':laughing:
except theres about 50 people in a room.:bow:

Is this an orange clown rally or a Morrissey show?
9c35fb35c15420b5f6e5a2229c85fd2c9a02a84f.jpeg

Here’s how to tell the difference...

A Trump rally is held in a stadium that holds 50,000 people and the attendees are retarded or paid.

A Morrissey show is held in an arena that holds 2000 of EXACTLY the same kind of folks - but is half empty and surrounded by starving touts. ...and you couldn’t even f***ing pay people to fill the seats if the survival of western civilization depended on it.

Hillary should start attending Trump rallies :lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf:

giphy.gif

Hillary should start attending Trump rallies :lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf:

giphy.gif
Another common thread between Trump and Moorissey fan-kids. They’re both spend inane amounts of time obsessing about people who’s careers are over.

The very definition of an apologia, from a right-wing goon who wrote Mozzer's liner notes.

The simple fact is he DID say all those things, so shut the f up. Nothing any defender will ever say will change anything.

And nothing YOU will ever say will change ANYTHING, yet you persist, & persist, & persist.

You really are tiresome.

Another common thread between Trump and Moorissey fan-kids. They’re both spend inane amounts of time obsessing about people who’s careers are over.

And some even obsess over Morrissey’s career that is just beginning again ! With a successful tour just around the corner! and due to selling out shows having to add more shows! California Son rocketing with preorder sales already ! We can only assume that he’s quite happy, as he should be.

:thumb: :p :cool:

Took me like 3 seconds to find that GIF dude. Took another 10 seconds to post it. 13 seconds tops and I moved on with my life, LOL

i just hate these big sheds he plays now.bring back the town halls,so intimate.
Me to, but I think with age, moz health, I think he has stopped doing the smaller ones now and concentrated on larger venues so he doesn’t have to do as many, makes sense really.

The 'Glasgow model' would never work in London because they would never be allowed to fully implement it.

One of the reasons why it was so successful in Glasgow is because the police were given full reign to stop and search, to harass known offenders and to kick down many doors. They came down hard on the whole gang thing. In London there's the delicate political issue of most gang members being black so it could never be rolled out without deafening screams of racism from all the usual troublemakers: Diane Abbott, David Lammy, local black 'community leaders' and of course a whole host of middle class white saviours.

It would not be implemented with the same ferocity in London and therefore wouldn't work - because of political correctness. That's why whenever the Glasgow model is mentioned in London there's a curious sound of coughing and chins touching chests.
too true.you have to give young people something to do to get rid of anger and aggression,anybody whos a bit older will remember youth clubs in the seventies and eighties,they were great until they were shut because of cuts.

I watched a Donald Trump speech earlier and noticed what a charismatic speaker he is. On any random day if you pick up a paper here in the UK there will always be a story attempting to belittle him, which has been the case since before he was even voted in.

But I ignore the negative propaganda because I know well the groups that run newspapers. The same people who initiated and financed every war since the days of Napoleon, and continue to lobby for yet more bloodshed. In the Obama days all we ever heard about was the imminent World War 3 with North Korea so I'm sure those people are very pissed off now that Trump has changed all that. There's always Iran though; they've been lobbying for that one for years.

Having a president like Trump who is anti-war is very new and very refreshing. The election of Trump in the US and the referendum for Brexit in the UK was the first time in history that the public ignored instruction from the press. Finally the people did the opposite of what the media urged them to do.

We rebelled - finally, after so many years, we decided to make our own decisions. Because of this momentous change I feel quite proud to be living in the present day - a time when people are saying: You don't have our best interests at heart. So keep talking, keep the bullshit flowing, but we're not listening any more.

Yes Trump is charismatic,
he's Also a f***er like Obama. But i think Trump sometimes really funny

Obama is just another ''yes we can not" change the World, and we don't want it... So please vote for us !

Nah.

COMPLETELY different kind of people.

nothing but marginal white peeps at :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: 'shows'. "shows" lol.
his videos have an assortment of walkabouts but
the shows are standard white dorks.:dancers:

just not that many of them.:lbf:

and.. you can even get a complete set to furnish a Hooky show.:lbf:

too true.you have to give young people something to do to get rid of anger and aggression,anybody whos a bit older will remember youth clubs in the seventies and eighties,they were great until they were shut because of cuts.

That’s what guitars are for.

Tags
california son info fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom