Morrissey currently has 1,845,965 monthly listeners on Spotify

Not sure it’s getting him hoards of new fans,

She didn’t say ‘hoards’.
people have watched the Simpsons and out of curiosity head over to Sp9tify to have a listen to the music. Some may become fans of course.
:rolleyes:

In the scheme of things though the numbers aren’t great. James for example who aren’t particular well known outside of Europe, have over 2 million monthy listens and New Order have over 5 million.

Yes but they write pretty safe music, so of course they are more popular, which doesn’t mean they’re actually good.

WTF is James? Keeps getting mentioned. A British thing?
Yes made in England. Fairly big in the 80s and 90s, less big now, naturally, but still making good music regularly, they scrambled together a nice album a few years ago (2014) La Petite Mort, worth an hour of your ears.

Yes made in England. Fairly big in the 80s and 90s, less big now, naturally, but still making good music regularly, they scrambled together a nice album a few years ago (2014) La Petite Mort, worth an hour of your ears.

They are pretty prolific nowadays, they tend to release a new album every 2 years which chart pretty well and then (last couple have been 2 and number 6 ) they do an arena tour off the back of it. Personally I think La Petite Mort is their best album.

Last edited:
Not sure it’s getting him hoards of new fans, people have watched the Simpsons and out of curiosity head over to Sp9tify to have a listen to the music. Some may become fans of course. In the scheme of things though the numbers aren’t great. James for example who aren’t particular well known outside of Europe, have over 2 million monthy listens and New Order have over 5 million.
you always have to get new order in a post by hooky or by crook,do you see what i did there,wonder if bernard took some singing lessons during covid,you have to admit he is dreadful.

WTF is James? Keeps getting mentioned. A British thing?

an unkown group that sucks.:blushing:
lead singer is some bald dork who wears pajamas and paints
his beard with shoe polish. takes you aback when you first
see him:straightface: he also gives lessons on 'danceteria', and old bald
dude with a paint beard giving danceteria lesson what a spectacle.:lbf:
they suck:blushing:

you always have to get new order in a post by hooky or by crook,do you see what i did there,wonder if bernard took some singing lessons during covid,you have to admit he is dreadful.

Yes he is dreadful and he knows he's dreadful but when Ian died they didn't want to bring in a replacement and he was the best of the rest of them.

Like marr bernard makes his voice work best he can. I liked it very much on the first electronic album and the bad lieutenant stuff

Another increase for Morrissey:

1,858,460 Monthly Listeners

805,033 Followers

The Smiths have also increased:

6,218,343 Monthly Listeners

2,606,971 Followers

Another increase for Morrissey:

1,858,460 Monthly Listeners

805,033 Followers

The Smiths have also increased:

6,218,343 Monthly Listeners

2,606,971 Followers

Another increase in Morrissey's Monthly Listeners since Sunday morning:

1,862,133 Monthly Listeners

The Smiths as well:

6,223,938 Monthly Listeners

Thanks, is there a particularly good song I should listen to?
Admittedly my knowledge of James doesn't run that deep, but I've been partial to the hits: Laid, Say Something, Born of Frustration, Sit Down, She's A Star... I'm sure there's more.

Interesting bit of trivia, in 1985 The Smiths did a live cover of a James song called "What's the World?"

I've always loved "Hymn From a Village" (1985) - see what you think!

Yeah, that and the first album Stutter is great. But they went down hill awhile after, going a more conventional route, I believe a change of band members may have been an issue too regarding the lack of interesting songs.

Last edited:
Admittedly my knowledge of James doesn't run that deep, but I've been partial to the hits: Laid, Say Something, Born of Frustration, Sit Down, She's A Star... I'm sure there's more.

Interesting bit of trivia, in 1985 The Smiths did a live cover of a James song called "What's the World?"

I'm sold at Laid.

And wow, totally embarrassed about not recognizing the name from What's the World?. I guess it wasn't on an original 7" or 12" (at least that I have) so I rarely saw the credits. And a name like James doesn't stand out.

Will definitely listen to more, thanks for all responses!

Another increase in Morrissey's Monthly Listeners since Sunday morning:

1,862,133 Monthly Listeners

The Smiths as well:

6,223,938 Monthly Listeners

Morrissey now has:

1,864,770 Monthly Listeners

805,267 Followers

The Smiths have:

6,229,117 Monthly Listeners

2,608,218 Followers

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out - 240,732,165

Morrissey now has: