Morrissey defends Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein - BBC News

Only that if it sells quite well there's a better chance of another album sooner than later. If it tanks I just don't know how he will handle that.

It will most certainly tank with the general public, but at least he's got his fan base buying up 11 versions of it.

It's not so much that he stands accused of liking rape, but of thinking that 14 year-old boys are fair game for grown men and that when dozens of women complain of being raped or sexually assaulted by the same man, it is more likely that they are mostly bitter liars than that he has done anything wrong.

No-one's ever going to say in an interview "I'll tell you what I think is splendid: rape", but that really is missing the point.

He also seems to think that a child is responsible for parental neglect with his absurd "where where the parents?"nonsense. Lots of children have irresponsible parents who don't protect them. That's just another reason why the law is firm about the age of consent.

It's interesting Morrissey had nothing to say about Kevin Spacey's attempt to use 'coming out of the closet' as part of his explanation.....both men have spent decades evading perfectly reasonable inquiries about their sexuality. It's now clear that Spacey thought he could use 'I'm gay!' to defuse this furore.

He also seems to think that a child is responsible for parental neglect with his absurd "where where the parents?"nonsense. Lots of children have irresponsible parents who don't protect them. That's just another reason why the law is firm about the age of consent.

It's interesting Morrissey had nothing to say about Kevin Spacey's attempt to use 'coming out of the closet' as part of his explanation.....both men have spent decades evading perfectly reasonable inquiries about their sexuality. It's now clear that Spacey thought he could use 'I'm gay!' to defuse this furore.
macron_victory_speech_0904_hands_up_under_eye_of_pyramid_gamma_2-5.jpg

It's not so much that he stands accused of liking rape, but of thinking that 14 year-old boys are fair game for grown men and that when dozens of women complain of being raped or sexually assaulted by the same man, it is more likely that they are mostly bitter liars than that he has done anything wrong.

No-one's ever going to say in an interview "I'll tell you what I think is splendid: rape", but that really is missing the point.

It seemed to me he was highlighting the problem 0f historic accusations and the fact that people in the film and music industries have been complicit in this kind of thing for decades. I think people should save their ire for the perpetrators rather than someone simply offering their thoughts when asked about it. Morrissey's clearly not been involved in it, unlike, say, Bowie and many of his contemporaries.

Back
Top Bottom