Morrissey has fan thrown out of Hamburg gig – video on NME website

Sheridan Whiteside

Sweet and Tender Hooligan
Morrissey has fan thrown out of Hamburg gig – video

http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/48473

Morrissey told an audience member to "f*** yourself" before having him thrown out of his Hamburg CCH 1 gig on Tuesday (November 17).

Watch video footage of the incident by clicking below.

The singer, who walked offstage at a gig in Liverpool recently after being hit on the head with a plastic bottle, reportedly took offence to the audience member after he shouted to him while he was making a joke about "Hamburgers".

According to the description given on the fan-shot YouTube video of the incident, Morrissey was speaking about how "Hamburgers" should be called "Hamburgists" when the audience member shouted "f*** you" at him.

In the video Morrissey is seen pointing to the man before speaking at him through his microphone. "Go. We don't need you, we don't need you," he says while gesturing the audience member to the venue's exits. "And you can f*** yourself," he adds.

An aide is then seen walking over to the front rows of the audience after Morrissey's bandmates also point out the member.

After the incident Morrissey is seen walking away from the front rows of the audience to shake hands with those at the side of the stage, before his band kick into The Smiths' classic 'Ask'.

Finally we get to see his other side! i think mozz is being pushed to his limits here, his reaction is to be applauded but throwing the guy out was a bit mean. Soon a morrissey gig will be like sitting in a school hall at assembly with out legs crossed. I thought it was funny when his band mates ran to his defense, from what? they didnt bother running to his defence when he had a cup thrown at him so why an insult? maybe they ran around him so he coudnt run off?
Maybe this is the new morrissey coming back stronger than ever:thumb:

Was that Boz who walks up to stage front near the beginning? He is looking mighty big..or was it a bad angle?

Why would you pay all that money for travel, tickets, accommodations (if necessary) food, drinks and probably merchandise just to tell an artist you supposedly like a bunch of profanity, or to hurl something at them?

I mean, the guy who threw a beer at Morrissey probably paid over a 100 dollars total just to throw a beer. For what? Are these people f***ing stupid or do they just like wasting money?

Possibly both.

^^I wonder if throwing shit at the musicians, or cursing them, is a new thing to do??? Who knows what the European youth may be into these days. I lost track of them years ago.

Doesn't Germany have a death metal problem? Telling the artist f*** you is probably cool. like giving the horns sign. And England with those out of control drunk hooligans. You people in Europe should do what we did here in the States. We have the Disney corporation to neutralize our youth. Freaking kids these days.

Last edited:
I watched the footage again and you can hear the guy about to say "and I was just confused."

I mean, he shouldn't have shouted "f*** yourself," but at the same time, English isn't even his first language.

I guess lesson learned, but I can't help feeling bad about the guy.

However, this did motivate me to book Vegas tonight. This could be it for a long, long time.

-Lucas

I watched the footage again and you can hear the guy about to say "and I was just confused."

No, he didn't say that. He was standing behind me so I could hear him very well. He said, "it was a joke, it was a joke and I love you".

@DavidMich: How is the youth in the States? Just watching television, eating junkfood and being uneducated? That's the view we have from your youth.

However a youth is, it hasn't something to do when someone throws a bottle or insult Moz. All these things can happen on every concert in every country because single stupid person do these things and not a youth. And you have single stupid person all over the world.

Back
Top Bottom