"Morrissey hasn’t turned right: our establishment has turned insane" - The Spectator (2 June, 2019)

Pop.jpg

By Charlie Nash.

Excerpt:

"Readers are advised to listen to Morrissey’s ‘Trouble Loves Me’ from the album Maladjusted (1997).

On Thursday, May 30, Morrissey was ‘cancelled’. According to the Guardian, a British newspaper fond of such decrees, fans now feel “betrayed” by the singer’s recent controversial and provocative statements, which have included support for Anne Marie Waters’ nationalist For Britain party.

“Morissey [sic], what happened?” the Guardian agonized on Twitter. But maybe they already know the answer. In just a decade, political correctness has obtained a stranglehold on Western culture. The provocateurs and counter-cultural icons of the late twentieth century have been replaced by commercially compromised ‘influencers’, and artists who are carefully selected by social censors.

If William Burroughs, Timothy Leary, or Anton LaVey were still alive, the current public would be under orders to despise them too."

https://spectator.us/morrissey-hasnt-turned-right-our-establishment-has-turned-insane/

Regards,
FWD.

UPDATE June 3:

Link posted on Morrissey Central:

STANDING UP TO THE GUARDIAN’S HATRED.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moz is a nationalist. People keep equating that with right wing but that's not really accurate. You can be liberal but still be a nationalist) I think his views on specific social and economically might fall on either side L or R wing depending on issue. Moz just wants England to not lose it's identity and become a Muslim country

What people aren’t getting is that he doesn’t mean anti- Muslim for Britain , he’s talking about Muslim extremists!!! God people can be so dumb.

This isn’t difficult. You can listen to Morrissey’s own words and see his own actions and draw your own conclusions about whether he is misogynist and racist. If you believe he is, you’re likely correct. If you believe he is not, you most likely share in his beliefs or are blind, ignorant, or simple. Easy as that.

The only simple one is you. And not in the good sense of simplicity. Your only neuron is frankly disoriented.

What people aren’t getting is that he doesn’t mean anti- Muslim for Britain , he’s talking about Muslim extremists!!! God people can be so dumb.

And there is nothing wrong with being anti Muslim. I know a lot of people that would never be friends with, give a job to, or socialize with muslims. Who cares. That's life , you make your bed you lie in it. Your government which is in love with beating its citizens down. Has made you hate yourselves for actually having an opinion or maybe even being human. Its human to dislike people that are different from you. It's in our DNA. And it sure is really f***ed up on a whole new level of human f***ed upness to let grooming gangs rape children with no consequences.

I am one of a generation (and more) of people who remember a time before the Smiths, who could make a more mature assessment of their meaning and accepted them to varying degrees when they first arrived.
Subsequent generations who are interested enough to comment arose as more impressionable teenagers accepting the Smiths' philosophy as more like the norm.
To those older people, I would illustrate this by asking them to imagine the paradigm shift had Elvis Presley or Mick Jagger sung the line (for example) "I lost my faith in womanhood".
To the teenagers growing up after the Smiths, I can well understand the feeling of desertion they would feel from Morrissey in recent years:
From New Labour onwards people (especially Londoners) have been raised in this unquestioning multicultural agenda, itself brought about by people who were far more Left-orientated than Morrissey ever was. London is now a separate country to the rest of the UK, as illustrated by the divide on Brexit. Morrissey is saying you have the right to debate, which is his notion of Britishness. He's not a Londoner, and he - like those older generations - remembers a time before his own influence on the British psyche.
So no, Morrissey has not changed - his audience and society have.
Perhaps the older generation philosophically accept that it is no longer their world to have such strong opinions on, they have children and let go - all things must inevitably change.
But they may be disappointed that the Mary Whitehouse philosophy is winning out (how bitterly the majority were opposed to her in our day) and are grateful to still have Morrissey, ("this is Morrissey's world, we just live in it") to express this opinion.

The idea that Moz is right wing is a joke. Moz in his political outlook has always been to the left. He has simply come to the realisation - obvious realisation - that you can have a welfare state or you can have open borders. You can't have both. That is the purpose of mass immigration - to make Europe something like South America. With extreme levels of poverty and crime, beside extreme wealth. London is already like this.

Moz has never been left or right wing, he has always been Moz wing. Not orientating on right or left politics but his own values.

View attachment 50070

By Charlie Nash.

Excerpt:

"Readers are advised to listen to Morrissey’s ‘Trouble Loves Me’ from the album Maladjusted (1997).

On Thursday, May 30, Morrissey was ‘cancelled’. According to the Guardian, a British newspaper fond of such decrees, fans now feel “betrayed” by the singer’s recent controversial and provocative statements, which have included support for Anne Marie Waters’ nationalist For Britain party.

“Morissey [sic], what happened?” the Guardian agonized on Twitter. But maybe they already know the answer. In just a decade, political correctness has obtained a stranglehold on Western culture. The provocateurs and counter-cultural icons of the late twentieth century have been replaced by commercially compromised ‘influencers’, and artists who are carefully selected by social censors.

If William Burroughs, Timothy Leary, or Anton LaVey were still alive, the current public would be under orders to despise them too."

https://spectator.us/morrissey-hasnt-turned-right-our-establishment-has-turned-insane/

Regards,
FWD.
This article makes sense of the hysterical calling out of Morrissey in the MSM which has been reflected in this forum
Strange how silent the usual half dozen have become in response to this article.
I do however find Anton Lavey a strange one to include as his Church of Satan is the other side of same coin as Christianity. Ie a religion and one that "sacrifices" animals to boot. As I say, strange inclusion.

im off,this could run for days.

Agree fully, you nailed it. Morrissey is fighting the globalization of England and that was the core idea of Brexit
Probably sat with a cup of tea in his cashmere cardigan surrounded by luxury, having no interaction with people, not socializing with anyone,castigating all who disagree with him, formulating all of his opinions from second hand sources not out in the world life experiences, only interacting with sycophants, enjoying the fallout from his little badge and the debate around it, that makes him seem very interesting.Promoting an album with songs he could never write, this time not appropriating animals so much as a controversial badge with all of its ramifications with the result delivering what he is addicted to. Acres and acres of media coverage and his face in the press. If he is attempting to be a grand political figure, but you will never see him interviewed live. If he is trying to woo someone with love songs, failed yet again.

There is no doubt Morrissey is Left-based in his politics, just not to the extreme of supporting political correctness to the extent that, in combination with social media, has led to the kind of censorship of opinion that in the past belonged in the camp of the abhorrent Mary Whitehouse. Lefties of the pre-internet 80s, growing up in the 60s and 70s, were more happy to embrace an "anything goes" culture, and more inclined to be open to debate.

In just a decade, political correctness has obtained a stranglehold on Western culture. The provocateurs and counter-cultural icons of the late twentieth century have been replaced by commercially compromised ‘influencers’, and artists who are carefully selected by social censors."

Harsh but fair

This isn’t difficult. You can listen to Morrissey’s own words and see his own actions and draw your own conclusions about whether he is misogynist and racist. If you believe he is, you’re likely correct. If you believe he is not, you most likely share in his beliefs or are blind, ignorant, or simple. Easy as that.
I live in Manchester, like many on the site. Stretford is multi cultural community like many areas of Manchester. Whilst Morrissey is older than myslef he would have experienced what I did a beautiful City that welcomes many. This is what Manchester is about.
My Wife to be is from Malawi, and she is not offended by Morrisseys comments. She doesn't believe I'm Rasist for agreeing with Morrisseys comments. She has every right to be here. Britain raped the land of her and many countries of the world all in the name of the Commonwealth. I think UK has lost its identity, though I do question what is actually our identity is? European membership has in my option been the biggest contributor to issues in UK. The Common Market agreement in 1973 which Ted Heath signed away UKs Coal, fish industries and car manufacturing, which Thatcher continued and finished. Her biggest achievement was Tony Blair. So, this may well be what many consider identity? Brexit is wonderful. Its messed up the agenda of a World Government. So, Morrissey been one of the major artists speaking out about this and getting exposure is not good for the system. Hence why Guardian and BBC are giving bad press. Radio 2 plays is a smoke screen from BBC to deflect they're real agenda.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom