"Morrissey hasn’t turned right: our establishment has turned insane" - The Spectator (2 June, 2019)

Pop.jpg

By Charlie Nash.

Excerpt:

"Readers are advised to listen to Morrissey’s ‘Trouble Loves Me’ from the album Maladjusted (1997).

On Thursday, May 30, Morrissey was ‘cancelled’. According to the Guardian, a British newspaper fond of such decrees, fans now feel “betrayed” by the singer’s recent controversial and provocative statements, which have included support for Anne Marie Waters’ nationalist For Britain party.

“Morissey [sic], what happened?” the Guardian agonized on Twitter. But maybe they already know the answer. In just a decade, political correctness has obtained a stranglehold on Western culture. The provocateurs and counter-cultural icons of the late twentieth century have been replaced by commercially compromised ‘influencers’, and artists who are carefully selected by social censors.

If William Burroughs, Timothy Leary, or Anton LaVey were still alive, the current public would be under orders to despise them too."

https://spectator.us/morrissey-hasnt-turned-right-our-establishment-has-turned-insane/

Regards,
FWD.

UPDATE June 3:

Link posted on Morrissey Central:

STANDING UP TO THE GUARDIAN’S HATRED.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Uni i went to in the 90's was at least 50% Asian. One of my best mates was Asian. He was a great guy. Nobody talked about politics or Islam. There were obvious differences sure, like my friend was governed by his family and religion but we all got on. Before 9-11, before European Islamic terrorism and to a large extent the victim/divide/race-baiting culture we have now.....

Sounds like you're agreeing with the post/s. Although a moot point, as nobody can truly know, I too agree that Moz would probably comment about this in the 80's, if he was ever asked and we were experiencing what we are today. Although, your Uni in the 90's could hardly represent "the average person". Mine didn't. 60% foreign students from overseas, due to the enormous fees they paid, as opposed to my "freebie" grant. None were residents. Very different to immigration.

I think we have demonstrated now that For Britain is not a racist party. They simply want to limit immigration. So - what's all the fuss? Why are people getting their knickers in a twist? If any party can be described as racist at the moment - it's the Labour Party.

Moz has never been left or right wing, he has always been Moz wing. Not orientating on right or left politics but his own values.
Errrm... I think that is representative of what most people do.

I think we have demonstrated now that For Britain is not a racist party. They simply want to limit immigration. So - what's all the fuss? Why are people getting their knickers in a twist? If any party can be described as racist at the moment - it's the Labour Party.

Amen. It’s time to go after supporters of the anti Semite party.

This isn’t difficult. You can listen to Morrissey’s own words and see his own actions and draw your own conclusions about whether he is misogynist and racist. If you believe he is, you’re likely correct. If you believe he is not, you most likely share in his beliefs or are blind, ignorant, or simple. Easy as that.

Please just hang-on for one moment. I beg to disagree.

This is because Morrissey does not venture down to my local North West bars, screaming support for the English Defence League, unlike 500+ others that I know do. He also does not scream support for the EDL in the County Lines Gang, who are based in Cheshire. No screaming in London. No screaming in California.

Furthermore, I do seem to recall - and I cannot honestly recall how I know this fact - but Morrissey would much sooner go out and save 100+ chickens from a nearby farmer. Which, frankly, Mr Sucks, sounds much better than listening to you, dear. Hopefully this comment makes it clear for you to read and also to understand.

You are welcome !

Hazard
x

Hmm. But the two biggest racists I know gravitate towards UKIP/ For Britain/Trump/TBP/Farage and hate Labour.

So I would say that for any white racist British people actively looking for a political party to join and canvas for, Labour would come well behind UKIP/FB and TBP.

I can not comment on non-white racist people as my experiences are limited to white family and friends.

The racists I know would very much welcome Morrissey waving a FB banner and would be angered to see, say, Gary Lineker waving a banner advocating for immigration, gay rights and mixed-race marriages.

As racists would put it when reading about Morrissey in June 2019: “About time someone spoke up for us.Good for him”

Was thinking that other Manchester bands or their ex members haven’t slagged Morrissey on his stance, does this mean they agree or are just keeping out of it?, Peter Hook, as far as I know has said nothing, and he doesn’t like Moz. Noel & Liam, as far as I know have said nothing, it’s only the singer out of James who said something, and obviously that turd Dave Haslam. I think their may be quiet support, but nobody is willing to go in head first like Morrissey? Overall I think he’s got a point, I’m not saying I support For Britain, but are they really so bad? The word Racist is being thrown about too easily, strangely enough I watched an old documentary the other night about 80s music and their was maybe 3 Asian Smiths fans speaking of meeting Morrissey, quite fondly, made me think how they see this now? I don’t believe Morrissey is racist.

London is now a separate country to the rest of the UK, as illustrated by the divide on Brexit.
By that criteria Manchester, Bristol, Brighton, Cardiff, Oxford, Cambridge, Belfast, Edinburgh, Glasgow are even more separate countries to the remainder UK - They all had a higher remain vote compared to London.

Agree fully, you nailed it. Morrissey is fighting the globalization of England and that was the core idea of Brexit
A genius idea.

Fighting globalisation by choosing to let go of your peers and coming under the thumb of US corporate hegemony.
A plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.

A genius idea.

Fighting globalisation by choosing to let go of your peers and coming under the thumb of US corporate hegemony.
A plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.

No Brext is about not submitting to the EU and the globalist agenda so England can maintain it's sovereignty

No Brext is about not submitting to the EU and the globalist agenda so England can maintain it's sovereignty

Yeah think Brexit is about going global, mate.

The core idea is that we will become unshackled from the EU and dominate global trade, possibly topping the G8 at some point.

As one Tory PM candidate put it over the weekend: “We will have ten global cities instead of just the one” (I paraphrase)

Brexit = sell more, buy more, trade more, work more , more money, build more, more global contact, more wealth, more, make more, more labourers, more migrants, more experts, more innovation, more awards, more army, more navy, more City, more media, more dynamism, more action, more deals.

All the leading brexiters promise us more, more, more, more and more. Harder. Longer. Deeper. Stronger.

Call Brexit anti-globalisation if you like - I’m certain they’ll not bother consulting you.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom