Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY IN VEGAS" (September 1, 2021)

MORRISSEY IN VEGAS

unnamed-1_eqim3k.jpg
unnamed-2_rerxlz.jpg
0-4_berlpl.jpg
unnamed-3_tu03zn.jpg

The first night of Morrissey's current residency in Las Vegas broke all records for merchandise sales in the history of Caesar's Palace.

Regards,
FWD.

I do know what you mean. Given Central's shaky grasp of things like chart positions, it would be nice to see some independent verification of this...
It’s not even necessarily a slight against M, it’s just hard for me to believe given the types of mainstream acts that perform at Caesar’s Palace (and yes, Morrissey Inc’s loose relationship with these sorts of “facts.”)

I do know what you mean. Given Central's shaky grasp of things like chart positions, it would be nice to see some independent verification of this...
And some context, gross money or volume?

Having said that, I’m not sure it’s an issue I should really be caring about. There are surely better measures of success, like tickets sold and the rate they sold at?

Yep, fans were so disappointed with Morrissey’s performance and setlist, that after the show they took their anger out on their wallets.

:cool:
Either that or the numbers for some obscure reason are fake. 🙄
Are you going to any of the shows, Ket?

This will NOT sit well with the usual suspects…

Well, so long as we all know what's important here.

I mean, can you imagine the conversation that led to this brag?

"We sold a lot of stuff"
"How much?"
"A lot"
"Get on to the Palace office and ask them who sold the most before. If we beat that, then we can tell everyone, and they will be impressed"

lol, I don’t believe this for a second.

if you think money is gross, then send me yours. ;)
Having said that, I’m not sure it’s an issue I should really be caring about.

There are surely better measures of success, like tickets sold and the rate they sold at?

such as one’s personal measure of the artist’s importance in their own life.

But from Morrissey’s point of view,
this Central post is most likely directed at record label moguls, money being the only language they can understand.

Release BONFIRE you fools !

:cool:

Yep, fans were so disappointed with Morrissey’s performance and setlist, that after the show they took their anger out on their wallets.
:cool: Well, at least the 2nd show made up for the first...."that was a bit wobly, wasn't it" ?

The Band will not see a dime of this. Moz wasn't up there by himself.

lol, I don’t believe this for a second.

The capacity for the shows is 3k due to the top level being unavailable, the normal capacity is 4100, maybe Morrissey fans spend more than the norm, who knows? Someone from another well known band told me they forecast merchandise sales (for that band) at an average of £10 per attendee.

Having said that, I’m not sure it’s an issue I should really be caring about. There are surely better measures of success, like tickets sold and the rate they sold at?
Or saved lifes? Hard to count...

Merch...:blushing: but, the squalor of the mind!

Back
Top Bottom