Morrissey included in list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article (update: now removed)

Morrissey is included in a list of "anti-vaxxers" in today's LA Times Article about a different singer than I've never heard of.

Has Morrissey said anything specifically about vaccines?

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...08-10/joseph-arthur-vaccine-anti-vaxxer-covid
or here:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/celebrated-singer-songwriter-famous-fans-120045435.html

The article reads, "By going public with his anti-vaccination position, Arthur has aligned himself with a small group of like-minded musicians, including Eric Clapton, Morrissey, M.I.A. and Van Morrison."

Where are Morrissey's comments about the vaccine?

Update:
The article has subsequently been edited to read:

" For the record:

3:46 p.m. Aug. 11, 2021
An earlier version of this article included Morrissey in a list of musicians who have gone public on anti-vaccination views. Although Morrissey has made negative statements about the pandemic, he hasn’t actually come out against the vaccine."

Last edited:
Even the "die hard" Morrissey Nite people ( I put it in quote marks, as most of these people dont actually like M or know anything about him, they just use him to be popular ) , have stopped doing M nites (because people stopped going) , they now do Smiths nites instead.
There’s a bit to unpack here but you’ve basically summed it up. Nobody likes Melvis. Nobody goes to Melvis “nites” anymore. Nobody will sign Melvis. …and nobody buys his brand of elevator-pap. You also touched on the more important issue. The Smiths. Even the most loathsome ramblings of that protein-deprived, soon dead-on-the-shitter man-child can’t destroy the legacy of what those four people created together. :)

I reckon California's Son was one of the first to get vaccinated in Moz Angeles. Do you think he was going to go to the only place in the world (Brittin) to do a gig during chinese subspecies virus lockdown and cough all over you and take your foreigner money without getting the vaccine? Again, duped delusional stalker sociopaths, the marketing team is telling you what you want to hear, just like the dude in Encino who wrote "Autobiography" tossey wacker going on about fek'll chipper curry he doesn't live in LA anymore impostor photo ops in beach mouth inn n nnn nn n n nn n it.

Those are all pro-virus positions.
No. Contemplating the very real possibility that people in power might use the pandemic as cover for seizing even more power is not pro-virus. It's common sense. You'd have to be utterly naïve to think otherwise.

I've been double-jabbed and wear a mask but remain completely sceptical about the whole charade.

Still dead, though - isn’t he? …along with every other human being that Melvis has ever shown a modicum of grace to. Let us not confuse “dead Hollywood icons” with “living-dead try-hards”. ;)

He didn't say it was a hoax. He didn't say Covid wasn't real. The 'con' he referred to was the way in which lockdown has not effected the wealthy and has been disproportionately forced upon poorer people, driving them further into poverty. He then likened poverty to slavery (not Covid or lockdown), and he's not wrong.
He may have meant to say that but that’s not what he said. Morrissey has always had a serious problem emoting, without the assistance of the tomes. Past the Smiths, he started writing on his own. He had 2 decent albums and one stellar compilation. Once he stopped plagiarizing and paraphrasing other people’s thoughts, it was over - wasn’t it?

Nobody’s bought any of the rubbish he’s sold, since he started using his own, gruel-thin writing ability, have they? Even the Mexican community in LA are starting to realize that their pasty white hero is just a f***ing whiny little, teething-toddler.

Some grow up. Some do not. 🤣

No. Contemplating the very real possibility that people in power might use the pandemic as cover for seizing even more power is not pro-virus. It's common sense. You'd have to be utterly naïve to think otherwise.
Anti-vax people should avoid the vax at all costs. They’re already holed up in their parents’ basements. Just f***ing stay there. If you come anywhere near me, you’d better hope that mommy and daddy have you covered under their dental plan.

Fak Arf.

Morrissey is anti "covid"-vaccine. I think so. He will refuse vaccine, i really hope. Stay strong Morrissey!

Kids. They grew up without polio, tetanus, rubella, Hepatitis A&B, measles, mumps, chicken-pox, etc. …and they’re all over the internet with meme-fed bullshit about vaccines being a way for Bill Gates to microchip them.

You’ve ALL had them ALL and you’re living today because of them. You know what’s wrong with vaccines? They keep absolute fu$&ing idiots alive.

Fake news

This is also a pro-virus position. It's humanity vs. the virus. Protect yourself and each other. There's no other way.

Recognise the propaganda...

Kids. They grew up without polio, tetanus, rubella, Hepatitis A&B, measles, mumps, chicken-pox, etc. …and they’re all over the internet with meme-fed bullshit about vaccines being a way for Bill Gates to microchip them.

You’ve ALL had them ALL and you’re living today because of them. You know what’s wrong with vaccines? They keep absolute fu$&ing idiots alive.
Funny how people like yourself should care about the vaccine status of others. It’s as if conformity, rather than health, is the real goal: you’ve deferred and you can’t bear that others aren’t kneeling?

I don’t understand why people would assume Sam posts stuff on his uncle’s site without him knowing or that doesn’t reflect his views. Anne Marie Waters mentioned Vernon Coleman in a video, Morrissey was probably watching and watched Coleman’s videos and posted them. It would certainly surprise me if M were pro covid vax because he has a very suspicious and libertarian personality. He is anti lockdown, masks, etc and Sam’s wife posts her mask and her vaccine on instagram so all things considered the idea it is Sam repeatedly posting his own views without M’s permission and expecting it to be up there clear as day without repercussions is the silliest, most unlikely thing I have ever heard.

If you watched Coleman’s videos, you’d understand the appeal to a deeply distrustful, anti establishment personality like M. I don’t know if it is worth mentioning Coleman is a vegetarian, so that probably makes M trust him even more (my personal views out of it - I live off of meat, dairy and eggs) Also M referred to the “galvanic horror of 2020” - people branded “conspiracy theorists” seem to be worse of mentally at dealing with what has happened lately than people who get their vaccine and think everything will nicely go back to normal because the government want what is best for everyone. The latter view covid as a delay or disappointment rather than a “horror” like the fall of western civilisation or the arrival of the great reset being kicked into high gear. THAT is horror to those who see it that way.

Funny how people like yourself should care about the vaccine status of others. It’s as if conformity, rather than health, is the real goal: you’ve deferred and you can’t bear that others aren’t kneeling?
Funny indeed given that the issue of health was the crux of his post, but you cant resist the opportunity to bore us with the kind of “wisdom” that I haven’t heard since I was in a freshman dormitory.

You're talking about the vaccine. I was talking about the pandemic as a whole being a grand opportunity for those in power to profit. I have no issue with the vaccine. I am not a Covid-denier. But Disaster Capitalism is a real thing. Read Naomi Klein's The Shock Doctrine.

Funny indeed given that the issue of health was the crux of his post, but you cant resist the opportunity to bore us with the kind of “wisdom” that I haven’t heard

since I was in a freshman dormitory.

were you visiting a friend?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom