Morrissey interview in ABC Color (Paraguay)

I just wish they'd actually publish the transcript of what Morrissey's actual responses in english were, rather that than a translation of a language we know he didn't actually respond in. We're actually reading an english response translated into spanish then back into english via google. Google translation is just pointless when it comes to Morrissey interviews. The complaining and whingeing about what Morrissey says on a daily basis is bad enough let alone google having a hand in it.

- - - Updated - - -

^THIS!

best
GoBB

yeah sure, if you're mentally unstable, which clearly you and butcher are.

I think the fact Morrissey is a multi-millionaire and is angry on behalf of the poor is amazing. Nobody else gives a shit. I think people are becoming more and more aware that the battle going on is not between black and white, left and right,men and women, gays and straights,Islam and Christianity. These are distractions from the real fight for survival which is actually between rich and poor. By addressing this Morrissey is doing a lot. He doesn't have to give a shit.Bono would never say this and he is seen as a hero. We should all try to pay as little tax as possible.We should all try to have as little to do with the corrupt system as possible.We all know over 90% of the wealth in the world is owned by about 5% of the population and yet Morrissey is an insane conspiracy theorist? Does this not make any of you think there is something really twisted and evil going on?

100% agree with your words. What is going on has a name: exploitation, and it's the opposite of free-market. Most people commenting here suffer Stockholm syndrome. They not only endure the exploitation (we all do it, sadly): they defend this system. Maybe it makes easier for them to live with it.

100% agree with your words. What is going on has a name: exploitation, and it's the opposite of free-market. Most people commenting here suffer Stockholm syndrome. They not only endure the exploitation (we all do it, sadly): they defend this system. Maybe it makes easier for them to live with it.

Yes, I think you are right about Stockholm Syndrome. It is hard for people to believe they are being exploited by their own governments. I think if a government can slaughter,mostly innocents, in "the war on terror" they have little compassion for their own people. "The war on terror" (how can such nonsense double-speak become plausible language?)is nothing more than an excuse for the USA et al to plunder different nations' resources. George W Bush handed on the shopping list to Obama. The United States of Amnesia does not give a shit about human rights. Why do they collude with Saudi Arabia if that was the case?

Yes, I think you are right about Stockholm Syndrome. It is hard for people to believe they are being exploited by their own governments. I think if a government can slaughter,mostly innocents, in "the war on terror" they have little compassion for their own people. "The war on terror" (how can such nonsense double-speak become plausible language?)is nothing more than an excuse for the USA et al to plunder different nations' resources. George W Bush handed on the shopping list to Obama. The United States of Amnesia does not give a shit about human rights. Why do they collude with Saudi Arabia if that was the case?

what a stupid thing to say. the war on terror is a war on cold blooded killers.
the only reason they dont live in desert tents is because the west buys-and removes the oil they would know how to -their 'resources' which otherwise would be of no value.

it would be a great help to the poor if all rich people like moz didnt have to pay any takes. what rubbish.

He actually revealed a bit more than usual in this interview than the other interviews. And the photos on TTY. And the autograph signing and posing with fans...think our man is happy. Kind of a big deal for him i think.

I just wish they'd actually publish the transcript of what Morrissey's actual responses in english were, rather that than a translation of a language we know he didn't actually respond in. We're actually reading an english response translated into spanish then back into english via google. Google translation is just pointless when it comes to Morrissey interviews. The complaining and whingeing about what Morrissey says on a daily basis is bad enough let alone google having a hand in it.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah sure, if you're mentally unstable, which clearly you and butcher are.

:thumb: Agree. It's like, No thanks Google translate, we already have enough people here mistranslating what he says.

He's "angry on behalf of the poor"? Talk's cheap; he's a hypocrite.

As for the idea that Morrissey, and everybody else, should pay as little tax as possible, I dunno where to begin. If he genuinely gave a shit about "the poor", he would be resident in the UK for tax purposes and would contribute some of his unearned wealth to the welfare state in order to help pay for healthcare, education, social security etc.

Instead, he actively chooses to keep as much of his fortune to himself as possible. He is a hypocrite and an embarrassment.

I really WONDER how much of any taxed money goes to the poor ? And how much goes to the wealthy and the 'plans for a future war' ? And who can one trust to tell us the truth when a question like this is posed?

Last edited:
The entitlement-issued controlling thinkers astound me.
I do not believe anyone in this forum would become an altruistic philanthropist overnight if they found a couple of million in the bank. Why do they feel so entitled to bemoan what a singer does with his money? People, regardless of their bank balance, can have a view on societal poverty.
I highly doubt people slating him as hypocritical give all their earnings away each month to the needy to maintain any moral highground.
If he has some money and wants to maximise it after 30 years - so what?
Regards,
FWD

I do not believe anyone in this forum would become an altruistic philanthropist overnight if they found a couple of million in the bank. Why do they feel so entitled to bemoan what a singer does with his money? People, regardless of their bank balance, can have a view on societal poverty.
I highly doubt people slating him as hypocritical give all their earnings away each month to the needy to maintain any moral highground.
Regards,
FWD

tax exiles like moz are one of the root causes of societal poverty.

I really WONDER how much of any taxed money goes to the poor ? And how much goes to the wealthy and the 'plans for a future war' ? And who can one trust to tell us the truth when a question like this is posed?

in moz case none. he would rather leave the country than pay his share to alleviate poverty. what does he care about the wealthy or plans for a future war? LOL all he cares about is himself and his fat belly.
LOL and then he makes anti semitic remarks about the 'israelite' tribe. despicable.

A multi-millionaire who spends most of the year in Lausanne for tax avoidance reasons?

He doesn't live in Lausanne most of the year. Have most people STILL not realized that? Quite astonishing, really. IF he lives somewhere permanently then he doesn't want everybody to know about it. That's the whole point. In one interview he says he lives in Lausanne most of the time and in the next one he says he lives mostly in the US. Then in the next interview he says that he actually lives nowhere. Then at one of the recent shows in Chile he said that he is searching for something permanent (a home) right now. Well, you don't have to search for something permanent if you already have it. Oh well. Furthermore, is every rich person tied to their birthplace just to avoid offending everybody. If I decided tomorrow that I want to live in France nobody would have a go at me. In a sense, I have more freedom in that regard than a rich person. Oh, but a rich person can have several homes. Yes, but you have to look after it or need tons of people who look after it, and even then you are left with looking after those people. It's ballast.

Regards,
FWD

Nobody's denying him an opinion, or the right to voice his opinion, but the rest of us are equally entitled to express our opinion about him too. He's a multi-millionaire pop star who publicly complains about the economic injustice of the prevailing social order, despite the fact that he is unnecessarily and unjustifiably wealthy only because of that order. And then he shamelessly condemns royalty.

As for the question of why people feel entitled to "bemoan what a singer does with his money": British society is profoundly unequal and many of the problems associated with that could be very largely ameliorated were it not for the fact that stinking rich people like Morrissey avoid taxation that the rest of us are subject to.

He's a f***ing hypocrite - wake up.

I think the fact Morrissey is a multi-millionaire and is angry on behalf of the poor is amazing. Nobody else gives a shit. I think people are becoming more and more aware that the battle going on is not between black and white, left and right,men and women, gays and straights,Islam and Christianity. These are distractions from the real fight for survival which is actually between rich and poor. By addressing this Morrissey is doing a lot. He doesn't have to give a shit.Bono would never say this and he is seen as a hero. We should all try to pay as little tax as possible.We should all try to have as little to do with the corrupt system as possible.We all know over 90% of the wealth in the world is owned by about 5% of the population and yet Morrissey is an i
nsane conspiracy theorist? Does this not make any of you think there is something really twisted and evil going on?[/QUO

well said.

Regards,
FWD

:thumb: agree.

this applies HERE ten fold;

There's so much destruction
all over the world
and all you can do is...

complain about me

NEXT !

:thumb: agree.

this applies HERE ten fold;

There's so much destruction
all over the world
and all you can do is...

complain about me

NEXT !

"Oh, I don't want
to be judged anymore
I don't wnat to be judged
I would sooner be Loved
I would sooner be
just blindly Loved...
"

tax exiles like moz are one of the root causes of societal poverty.

What??? A free person can live in the place of the world s/he likes by the reasons s/he prefers. M wins by himself every cent he has, so he can put his money in the place of the world it's more convenient for him. That is free market. He is not a blood sucker like british royalty, living with ridiculous luxuries without helping as much as they can the people they own. He is not wasting the tax money of poor people in his own properties or luxuries.

What??? A free person can live in the place of the world s/he likes by the reasons s/he prefers. M wins by himself every cent he has, so he can put his money in the place of the world it's more convenient for him. That is free market. He is not a blood sucker like british royalty, living with ridiculous luxuries without helping as much as they can the people they own. He is not wasting the tax money of poor people in his own properties or luxuries.

more convenient for him and much less so for the poor who are deprived the tax base for survival. then he goes on an interview and bemoans the gap between rich and poor of which maintenance he is a cause. its all beyond hypocritical but then moz is the king of hypocrisy.

Famous when dead said:
FWD

You're probably right, but they probably do pay taxes.

This is arguable. Well, sort of.

But the thing is Morrissey also believes, for example, that a free person shouldn't have to work for a living if they don't want to. It's difficult to see how you can have it both ways.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom