Morrissey interview in ABC Color (Paraguay)

Nice to see a bit of a change-up in the questioning, however minor. I think he mentioned that (very good) Carson McCullers book in another interview a few years ago.

he says taxes is what keeping the british poor.
yet he criticizes thatcher who cut them. i think hes not all there.

"-The Current pop is very different from the time when he started in 80. Do you see any light at the end of the tunnel so uneasy? 'I wonder if there is light at the end of the tunnel, then we admit that we are in a tunnel. The answer is no, nothing can be saved. I think the major labels prefer this way because they make money much faster from gossip programs that generate talent, nor the record companies need to launch physical disks. The music is lost, and anyone in the music business accepts no return. It's sad. But we should ask why the music has been destroyed while nothing has been. Is it a conspiracy?"

LOL! More conspiracy loon nonsense.
best
GoBB on behalf of Queen Elizardbeast and "The Zionists Who Run The Music Business"

Excellent interview. New questions and strong answers.

Leo García must be very proud. As M said, his song is fantastic.

he says taxes is what keeping the british poor.
yet he criticizes thatcher who cut them. i think hes not all there.

He doesn't say that. He says merciless taxes stuck poor people, and that widens the gap between social classes. He is talking about the lack of equity in taxes and wealth distribution.

taxes pay for the dole and all the social programs. when he complains about taxes its all about the rich taking the hit specifically his own self. eliminating taxes or decreasing them is what widens the gap between the social classes.
the only class moz cares about is his best friend his own self.

taxes pay for the dole and all the social programs. when he complains about taxes its all about the rich taking the hit specifically his own self. eliminating taxes or decreasing them is what widens the gap between the social classes.
the only class moz cares about is his best friend his own self.

There's just one error in your logic: Morrissey has always said that. Even when he wasn't rich. Many of his opinions haven't changed since he was a teenager. When the Mackie letters appeared THIS was the most astonishing thing I got from them. I smiled for hours after I read "it's always the wrong people. Nobody would assassinate our dear prime minister".

If you remember what the Smiths looked like, it was a wise decision!

I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou is a wonderful book, too.

The titel is taken from Paul Laurence Dunbar's poem Sympathy which, at one point, says

I know why the caged bird sings, ah me,
When his wing is bruised and his bosom sore,
When he beats his bars and would be free;
It is not a carol of joy or glee,
But a prayer that he sends from his heart's deep core,
But a plea, that upward to Heaven he flings –
I know why the caged bird sings.

There's just one error in your logic: Morrissey has always said that. Even when he wasn't rich. Many of his opinions haven't changed since he was a teenager. When the Mackie letters appeared THIS was the most astonishing thing I got from them. I smiled for hours after I read "it's always the wrong people. Nobody would assassinate our dear prime minister".

hes cheap and doesnt want to pay taxes. thats all there is to it and has disdain towards the proletariat ffs he lives in luxury 5 star hotels. i doubt he mixes with the help.

why would he want to have the prime ministers assassinated? they were elected democratically and what hes asking for is criminal. that is pretty despicable.

He doesn't say that. He says merciless taxes stuck poor people, and that widens the gap between social classes. He is talking about the lack of equity in taxes and wealth distribution.

Right. A multi-millionaire celebrity is complaining that the UK's system of taxation perpetuates inequity? (Post-Thatcher, it does, but that's beside the point.) Surely, it ill behoves a man who has amassed a personal fortune amounting, purportedly, to about $30 million - for doing no more than poncing about on a stage - to complain about economic injustice.

in this context, though, it makes perfect sense that he would rail against the aristocracy, as opposed to the dominant cause of inequity in British society (from which he, personally, he profits excessively): free-market capitalism.

Right. A multi-millionaire celebrity is complaining that the UK's system of taxation perpetuates inequity?

A multi-millionaire who spends most of the year in Lausanne for tax avoidance reasons?

I think the fact Morrissey is a multi-millionaire and is angry on behalf of the poor is amazing. Nobody else gives a shit. I think people are becoming more and more aware that the battle going on is not between black and white, left and right,men and women, gays and straights,Islam and Christianity. These are distractions from the real fight for survival which is actually between rich and poor. By addressing this Morrissey is doing a lot. He doesn't have to give a shit.Bono would never say this and he is seen as a hero. We should all try to pay as little tax as possible.We should all try to have as little to do with the corrupt system as possible.We all know over 90% of the wealth in the world is owned by about 5% of the population and yet Morrissey is an insane conspiracy theorist? Does this not make any of you think there is something really twisted and evil going on?

I think the fact Morrissey is a multi-millionaire and is angry on behalf of the poor is amazing. Nobody else gives a shit. I think people are becoming more and more aware that the battle going on is not between black and white, left and right,men and women, gays and straights,Islam and Christianity. These are distractions from the real fight for survival which is actually between rich and poor. By addressing this Morrissey is doing a lot. He doesn't have to give a shit.Bono would never say this and he is seen as a hero. We should all try to pay as little tax as possible.We should all try to have as little to do with the corrupt system as possible.We all know over 90% of the wealth in the world is owned by about 5% of the population and yet Morrissey is an insane conspiracy theorist? Does this not make any of you think there is something really twisted and evil going on?

no. just another set of stupid moz remarks.
as a millionaire that flees the uk for tax reasons he is doing a lot=to widen the gap between rich and poor.
this is the first i hear that decreased taxes favor the poor. hes just cheap.

He's "angry on behalf of the poor"? Talk's cheap; he's a hypocrite.

As for the idea that Morrissey, and everybody else, should pay as little tax as possible, I dunno where to begin. If he genuinely gave a shit about "the poor", he would be resident in the UK for tax purposes and would contribute some of his unearned wealth to the welfare state in order to help pay for healthcare, education, social security etc.

Instead, he actively chooses to keep as much of his fortune to himself as possible. He is a hypocrite and an embarrassment.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom