Morrissey interview in Billboard - new album, police brutality, why music Is 'like a dating service'

Morrissey Talks New Album 'Low In High School,' Police Brutality & Why Music Is 'Like a Dating Service' - Billboard
11/14/2017 by Joe Lynch

On Nov. 17, Morrissey returns with Low In High School. As the cover artwork – which shows a young boy standing in front of Buckingham Palace toting an "axe the monarchy" sign as well as an axe – indicates, the former Smiths frontman hasn't mellowed with age. In fact, Low In High School is one of his most political musical statements in an already outspoken career, tackling everything from blood-for-oil wars to resistance to corporate media over the course of 12 tracks.

Ahead of the release of his 11th studio album (and first since 2013's World Peace Is None of Your Business), Morrissey answered a few questions from Billboard via email about his new record label Etienne, the kid on the cover of his LP and why police brutality is "the worst form of street crime."

41304_morrissey-2017-cr-Samuel-Gehrke-billboard-1548.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Usual stuff ... nice mention of walk away renee by the four tops ..great song ( almost as good as billy braggs version )

With regard to the musical mention above, that's WHY you are 'still' an understudy. Come on. Billy Bragg ? Really ? I've just fallen off my chair with laughter.

Hazard
x

Yes, it is.
All those anonymous c***s can hide and lie and be abusive cause they don’t want to stand behind what they are saying. They are dishonest cowards.
They know they are wrong, that’s why they are not a member and can be hold accountable for what they are saying.

I disagree a lot with Uncleskinny as a member but he is right about this and he is not a coward.

If "Members" (or Administrators/Moderators) were actually held accountable for messages that they post and contribute, then YOU, QQQ, would be under investigation for:
1.) calling people "c***s" and
2.) assuming - wrongly - that all 'anonymous' posts are from "dishonest cowards" - !

You see ?

There might be 15 reasons WHY people wish to post anonymously.
Perhaps due to an IT cookie related issue on a local device, using a shared device, ISP or VPN issue, a browser security certificate issue. So you see, not just because YOU think these people are "dishonest cowards." Which is totally ridiculous. As with the concept the "moderators/administrators" are totally honest and above board.

In law - at least in the uK - ANYONE is accountable for what they say online. Even when they post ANONYMOUSLY.

Hazard
x

If "Members" (or Administrators/Moderators) were actually held accountable for messages that they post and contribute, then YOU, QQQ, would be under investigation for:
1.) calling people "c***s" and
2.) assuming - wrongly - that all 'anonymous' posts are from "dishonest cowards" - !

You see ?

There might be 15 reasons WHY people wish to post anonymously.
Perhaps due to an IT cookie related issue on a local device, using a shared device, ISP or VPN issue, a browser security certificate issue. So you see, not just because YOU think these people are "dishonest cowards." Which is totally ridiculous. As with the concept the "moderators/administrators" are totally honest and above board.

In law - at least in the uK - ANYONE is accountable for what they say online. Even when they post ANONYMOUSLY.

Hazard
x

I didn’t say ALL anonymous posts were from dishonest cowards.
Only the ones that post lies and rumours rhat they cannot defend. And don’t have to defend cause they can hide as anonymous.

Me being under investigation by Uncleskinny for calling them c***s would be comedy gold.

The TOS rules the way people can be accountable. And therefore members have to supply an emailaddress. But how would you hold anonymous posters accountable?

It’s not possible and although anonymous posts are being moderated the amount is to big to moderate every anonymous post all the time.

That is why I understand this is also one of the reasons it is being moderated leniently.

There is a report function and any silte who wants to interact with the public has to have one, I think due to rules and regulations, by law.

I have seen some complaints but many times DavidT asks for evidence providing the posts or asks did you report there is no reply.

Mind you, as I understand the TOS they will be very strict when it comes to displaying private info from members like photography, addresses, phonenumbers and emailadresses.

That is not without any reasons as the site could be held responsible by law.

It's also nice how he comes clean about Jacky being his grand Brexit statement.
I don't see any mention of that in the interview. He's only asked once about Jackie once, and it didn't even hint at that.

Look, we know Morrissey was/is for Brexit; just because he supposedly replaced "exit" with "Brexit" live, doesn't mean that the song is about Brexit. I don't even know how it could be. The song is clearly autobiographical with a pinch of Morrissey's usual self-deprecating narcissism thrown in for good measure.

Is Brexit even going to happen anymore?

"Everybody's running from the exit."

Tags
low in high school low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom