Morrissey interview in Blic (Serbian)

It wasn't Morrissey who did that but the Serbian language. Most (or is it all?) Slavic languages assign genders to nouns. Generally, nouns ending with a consonant are classified as male, while those ending with the letter "a" are classified as female. Nouns that end with an "o" or an "e" are usually classified as neutral. There are always exceptions, however, and their word for death, "smrt", is one. Although it ends with a consonant, it is a feminine noun.

So the only mystery here is how the hell to pronounce "smrt"!? :confused:

'sm' sound like 'sm' in the word 'smith' :), 'r' sounds like irish 'r', and 't' is like 't' in 'it'.

sm-r-t

hope we're all in the safe distance from HER. :)

"Jack's and my relationship was not as boring as homosexuality. We were above all that. We were one soul a long time, but it seems that it is still incomprehensible that the two men may be close but does not reduce the physical relationship and mediocrity"

You really have to hope that Google Translate is to blame....

best
BB

I mean, what is your f***ing problem with this quote? Have you never been in love? Have you never thought that the way you feel was above that tedious sexual pigeonholing?

I love that he personified death and made her into a woman. Most associate the Reaper as a man.

In Roman and Slavic languages Death is personified as an old woman due to feminine grammar gender of the noun, unike in German languages where the noun is (was) masculine, so it's just translation.

"Jack's and my relationship was not as boring as homosexuality. We were above all that. We were one soul a long time, but it seems that it is still incomprehensible that the two men may be close but does not reduce the physical relationship and mediocrity"

You really have to hope that Google Translate is to blame....

best
BB

Hey douchebag, it's his right to classify the relationship any way he wants. You weren't in the bedroom so you have no idea what it was. And even if you were, it would still out of your realm to cast any judgment about it.

You really are as insidious, irritating, boring and self-obsessed as Barleymoan. Just f*** off and die, you complete and utter twat.

I'm pleased you are fascinated by me!

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, what is your f***ing problem with this quote? Have you never been in love? Have you never thought that the way you feel was above that tedious sexual pigeonholing?

I don't have a problem until I know if it's an actual quote or a mis-translation by Google Translate. Didn't you understand my previous comment? Or didn't you read it?

best
BB

Hey douchebag, it's his right to classify the relationship any way he wants. You weren't in the bedroom so you have no idea what it was. And even if you were, it would still out of your realm to cast any judgment about it.

Another thicko! Re-read my comment. Unless and until it's confirmed as a quote from his pursed lips and not a mangled Google Translate, I have nothing to say other than to sincerely hope it's the latter, rather than the former.
Douchebag, how original.

No, I wasn't in the bedroom. But you obviously think they shared a bedroom. Interesting.....do you think it was twin single beds or a double? If a double, king or queen size...?

best
BB

Why is his name spelt as 'Morisi'?

best

BB

what do you think about 'bramiboj'?

serbian language is based on orthographic principle which can be described as 'write as you speak and read as it is written'.

one consonant/vowel for one letter.

Another thicko! Re-read my comment. Unless and until it's confirmed as a quote from his pursed lips and not a mangled Google Translate, I have nothing to say other than to sincerely hope it's the latter, rather than the former.
Douchebag, how original.

No, I wasn't in the bedroom. But you obviously think they shared a bedroom. Interesting.....do you think it was twin single beds or a double? If a double, king or queen size...?

best
BB

Oh leave him alone. Jake was his first love, and he holds that time very near to him. He doesn't want to label it, and he shouldn't have to.

Why is his name spelt as 'Morisi'?

best

BB

'morisi' sounds better than 'bramiboj'.

serbian language is based on the orthographic principle which can be described as 'write as you speak and read as it is written'.

one consonant/vowel for one letter. the letter and the sound of the consonant/vowel are always the same. simple.

lol James Marker is lying for unknown reasons and of course, hes bi. Lol Just Ricky Martin.
hes gay as a goose. just admit it, this is 2014 nobody cares and nobody believes that huma stuff. get with it.

If you have sex with male and female then bi it is. Whats the mystery? A friend of mine pointed out when Moz says hes not gay, he has a point. He isn't in that gay world, like say James Maker who mentions being gay in virtually any conversation. he isn't a gay artist in that sense or gay like the mayor of camden, who's very limited mind is obsessed with all things gay - I mention him as he is obsessed with Morrissey. Most of Morrissey's art, although heavy with homo leanings isn't gay in the least, it human and touches many bases. He isn't part of that rainbow badge world.
The terms gay and straight are "boring". So even though he maybe toying with the world, his view still makes sense. He simply doesn't want to exist in the gay world which is just as bullshit as the straight world

If you have sex with male and female then bi it is. Whats the mystery? A friend of mine pointed out when Moz says hes not gay, he has a point. He isn't in that gay world, like say James Maker who mentions being gay in virtually any conversation. he isn't a gay artist in that sense or gay like the mayor of camden, who's very limited mind is obsessed with all things gay - I mention him as he is obsessed with Morrissey. Most of Morrissey's art, although heavy with homo leanings isn't gay in the least, it human and touches many bases. He isn't part of that rainbow badge world.
The terms gay and straight are "boring". So even though he maybe toying with the world, his view still makes sense. He simply doesn't want to exist in the gay world which is just as bullshit as the straight world

There are people in this world who don't like labels. I think he's one of them...when it comes to labeling himself. I felt that way about my religion/spirituality. I've met others who refuse to label themselves as vegetarian. I can definitely see some not wanting a sexual orientation label since it IMMEDIATELY puts you into a box and people can't seem to get around labels once you've been lumped together as a group. You never get to climb out of that box once you've slapped a title on your forehead. I like your hypothesis.

Douchebag, how original.

best
BB

I imagine it being an Eric and Ernie kind of arrangement rather than Father Ted and Dougal. Though I'm sure Morrissey occasionally sported an Irish football top in bed. Just not on the Sabbath

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom