Morrissey interview in El Mundo (Spain); cancer treatment mention

An anonymous person writes:

'Ya descansaré cuando esté muerto' - El Mundo

Notice this: "Me han raspado tejidos cancerosos en cuatro ocasiones ya, pero qué más da"-->using google translator: "I have been scraping cancerous tissues four times already, but who cares"

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
No longer fan of him but it made me sad to read it.
Get well soon, Morrissey!

1"Fiz quatro despistes do cancro e tudo estava bem, mas ouvimos a palavra cancro e assumimos imediatamente que o nosso tempo está a acabar."

2 "Me han raspado tejidos cancerosos en cuatro ocasiones ya"

To sum up: in Portugal (1) they looked for cancer but didn't find anything, but in Spain (2), well, they found a bit of cancer here and there on 4 occasions (including a tea party in Lausanne.)

Well the solution is simple enough: don't cross the border.

(Ah. Too late...)

Last night I was eating cheez-its in the bathroom for some reason (it was a blur, don't ask, I dunno why I was eating them in the bathroom) and I dropped some crumbs in the sink. This morning the sink was infested with ANTS. ANT is ATN or Etienne or Steven in French. Maybe the press is Morrissey's black mirror eating what little crumbs he's given of some new thing he's interested in?

68014153.jpg

"I have been scraping cancerous tissues four times already, but who cares" (quote)

Not one person found that bizarre? Morrissey, scalpel in hand, getting rid of cancerous bits all over himself, "ah shit found another one!" " ah ffs it's on me arse!" "Here, hold my drink a sec, gotta scrape that pronto."

Hope to see that scene in season 5 of TWD...

Really people. He has a BUTLER, he doesn't have to do that himself! THINK!

I couldn't stop criying when I first heard about this. God, this is so sad and unfair. He is so healthy and strong that I'm sure he will soon recover, or so I hope, at least.

If he's on Wossy's show (on the 18th?) and agrees to an interview, he'll be asked about it. If, if, if . . .

I couldn't stop criying when I first heard about this. God, this is so sad and unfair. He is so healthy and strong that I'm sure he will soon recover, or so I hope, at least.

Get ahold of yourself. He never said he has cancer.

Why is everyone oblivious to this (taken from Mr Shankly at All You Need Is Morrissey):
"Regarding the cancer diagnose rumors, he mentions the cancer 'scraping' (biopsy?) in another interview in Portuguese : http://zuropa.blogs.sapo.pt/morrissey-ao-expresso-126696 (apologies if someone already posted the link elsewhere)

"Cancelou uma digressão nos Estados Unidos devido a uma infeção respiratória e disse, recentemente, que esteve “em tantos hospitais ultimamente que nem faz sentido sair”. Como vai a sua saúde?

Passei um mau bocado e penso que isso se nota nas fotografias mais recentes! Mas ainda não estou morto e darei tudo o que puder nesta nova digressão. Fiz quatro despistes do cancro e tudo estava bem, mas ouvimos a palavra cancro e assumimos imediatamente que o nosso tempo está a acabar. Se estiver, então está. Se não estiver, então não está. Da forma como as coisas estão hoje, posso dizer que o tempo me pertence."

and here is the barely comprehensible Google translation:

"Canceled a tour in the United States due to a respiratory infection, and recently said he was "in many hospitals lately that does not make sense to leave." How is your health?

I spent a bit bad and I think this can be seen in latest photos! But I'm not dead yet and I will give everything I can on this new tour. Did four skidding cancer and everything was fine, but we hear the word cancer and immediately assume that our time is running out. If you are then you are. If not, then is not. The way things are today, I can say that time belongs to me. "

I asked a friend who speaks a little Portuguese about the quatro despistes do cancro part and he said the it means something like cancer risk check/assessment, which I assume means biopsy."

Why is everyone oblivious to this (taken from Mr Shankly at All You Need Is Morrissey):
"Regarding the cancer diagnose rumors, he mentions the cancer 'scraping' (biopsy?) in another interview in Portuguese : http://zuropa.blogs.sapo.pt/morrissey-ao-expresso-126696 (apologies if someone already posted the link elsewhere)

"Cancelou uma digressão nos Estados Unidos devido a uma infeção respiratória e disse, recentemente, que esteve “em tantos hospitais ultimamente que nem faz sentido sair”. Como vai a sua saúde?

Passei um mau bocado e penso que isso se nota nas fotografias mais recentes! Mas ainda não estou morto e darei tudo o que puder nesta nova digressão. Fiz quatro despistes do cancro e tudo estava bem, mas ouvimos a palavra cancro e assumimos imediatamente que o nosso tempo está a acabar. Se estiver, então está. Se não estiver, então não está. Da forma como as coisas estão hoje, posso dizer que o tempo me pertence."

and here is the barely comprehensible Google translation:

"Canceled a tour in the United States due to a respiratory infection, and recently said he was "in many hospitals lately that does not make sense to leave." How is your health?

I spent a bit bad and I think this can be seen in latest photos! But I'm not dead yet and I will give everything I can on this new tour. Did four skidding cancer and everything was fine, but we hear the word cancer and immediately assume that our time is running out. If you are then you are. If not, then is not. The way things are today, I can say that time belongs to me. "

I asked a friend who speaks a little Portuguese about the quatro despistes do cancro part and he said the it means something like cancer risk check/assessment, which I assume means biopsy."

Thanks for posting this, I had forgotten to look for this Portuguese interview. Not much new, but I liked the Chrissie Hynde story. :)

"Fiz quatro despistes do cancro e tudo estava bem" - I don't speak Portuguese but "tudo estava bem" is pretty clear, no? So he had 4 tests/screenings/biopsies and everything was fine! The press making much ado about nothing, as usual. :rolleyes:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom