Morrissey interview in Estadão (Brasil)

I understand the need to take a break, but he has toured before without a new album. I thought he had a special bond with the audience as the reason why he toured so often. I guess it isn't about the bond. Last three shows for me. Must be nice to walk away from people, he could get a deal if he wanted, there are so many crappy bands that get one. Johnny has a deal, Morrissey could too

This bit is pretty funny - do you think Morrissey actually believes this?:

"The new songs are more popular than the old. We had kids of 14, 15 and 16 at the audience. They were there because of World Peace is None of Your Business."

This bit is pretty funny - do you think Morrissey actually believes this?:

"The new songs are more popular than the old. We had kids of 14, 15 and 16 at the audience. They were there because of World Peace is None of Your Business."

'believes this?' ? yes. Do you believe it ? No? ... you should.

'believes this?' ? yes. Do you believe it ? No? ... you should.
Is it because of World Peace, or because they have parents or friends who introduced them to Morrissey's back catalogue of work and so they are going to see him while they still can and since the opportunity presents itself?
Many of these young people have grown up with Morrissey in the background.

It makes me think of waiting by the stage door on the Oye Esteban tour prior to the show, when a 16-18 year old asked me who was playing. When I said Morrissey, I got "Hahaha. My mom listens to that shit."

Is it because of World Peace, or because they have parents or friends who introduced them to Morrissey's back catalogue of work and so they are going to see him while they still can and since the opportunity presents itself?

It makes me think of waiting by the stage door on the Oye Esteban tour prior to the show, when a 16-18 year old asked me who was playing. When I said Morrissey, I got "Hahaha. My mom listens to that shit."

i thought most teenagers who see/like morrissey are mostly smiths fans rather than moz-solo fans. you see a lot of 16-18 yr olds on sites like tumblr who have blogs dedicated to the smiths, rather than just morrissey. i don't think ANYONE has gotten into morrissey because of WPINOYB, no matter what morrissey thinks.

Jesus, is he still calling his barrets cancer......... He is like my f***ing dad. Always fishing for sympathy

I'm not a parent myself. But in THAT case... I would say that guttersnipe should listen to their mother. :)

and I always preferred growing up with M in the foreground. But I guess it takes all types.

Last edited:
Jesus, is he still calling his barrets cancer......... He is like my f***ing dad. Always fishing for sympathy

well since he hasn't gotten your sympathy yet.. What bait do you prefer?:straightface:

quarry was the same with a bunch of people in attendance not knowing much about the smiths or even the solo work. if anything they had no agenda. quarry for sure brought in a bunch of young people whove never heard edils

I'm not a parent myself. But in THAT case... I would say that guttersnipe should listen to their mother. :)

and I always preferred growing up with M in the foreground. But I guess it takes all types.

I think people have to be of a certain disposition to appreciate/get him. He isn't for everybody, and I've always liked that. Every single time I was called a fag, or worse, for listening to him or wearing one of his shirts, I actually felt a little more vindicated. Of course I'm much older now, and have taken my daughter to her first concert last July, so I'm glad to be doing my part to pass on a love for good music.

i thought most teenagers who see/like morrissey are mostly smiths fans rather than moz-solo fans. you see a lot of 16-18 yr olds on sites like tumblr who have blogs dedicated to the smiths, rather than just morrissey. i don't think ANYONE has gotten into morrissey because of WPINOYB, no matter what morrissey thinks.

I'm sure there's a couple of kids who have, who possibly caught him by accident on TV, or stumbled across a new song on Facebook or Youtube.
The Smiths remain a cultural powerhouse though, for sure.
I got into him with around the time Arsenal game out, but back then, he had a lot more exposure as a solo artist. Airplay, videos in rotation, etc. I didn't even know The Smiths existed for a good while after I first heard him.

I think people have to be of a certain disposition to appreciate/get him. He isn't for everybody, and I've always liked that. Every single time I was called a fag, or worse, for listening to him or wearing one of his shirts, I actually felt a little more vindicated. Of course I'm much older now, and have taken my daughter to her first concert last July, so I'm glad to be doing my part to pass on a love for good music.

yes agree... not for 'every body' (thank god) not that they mattered anyways.

So tell me....Does she ever make fun of daddy's voice ?:)

yes agree... not for 'every body' (thank god) not that they mattered anyways.

So tell me....Does she ever make fun of daddy's voice ?:)

She makes fun of me mercilessly, yes. But it's all in fun. She also makes fun of Morrissey a bit. She drew a lovely picture of "Morrissey's worst nightmare" a while back. It was a crowd of anthropomorphic steaks closing in on him like a pack of zombies. :lbf: Her only complaint about the concert was that he didn't take his shirt off, and she was really wanting to see him without it.

She makes fun of me mercilessly, yes. But it's all in fun. She also makes fun of Morrissey a bit. She drew a lovely picture of "Morrissey's worst nightmare" a while back. It was a crowd of anthropomorphic steaks closing in on him like a pack of zombies. :lbf: Her only complaint about the concert was that he didn't take his shirt off, and she was really wanting to see him without it.

you probably deserve it ! :lbf: Wow... that would be my usual complaint at a show too! After paying my hard earned dough and all.:)

yeah i think this is true with most teenager fans tbh. Like you said, The Smiths are really popular on sites like tumblr, but moz solo music is not as popular there (i don' know why tho). Also it has to do with the popularity of films such as 500 days of summer.

yeah i think this is true with most teenager fans tbh. Like you said, The Smiths are really popular on sites like tumblr, but moz solo music is not as popular there (i don' know why tho). Also it has to do with the popularity of films such as 500 days of summer.

I think it's because The Smiths will always stay relevant to teenagers through out the decades. Morrissey's solo stuff doesn't really have that appeal for teenagers (Not that that's wrong!).

I think it's because The Smiths will always stay relevant to teenagers through out the decades. Morrissey's solo stuff doesn't really have that appeal for teenagers (Not that that's wrong!).

To some degree yes it is the fact that the smiths are everywhere and at least with the mopy mos he himself is still gonna be associated with them. They're an idea now that people will talk about even if they've never heard a nots. The replacements are the same hefe . fourteen songs his first solo album is just like the replacements but better but all anyone will read about is unsastisfied because of stuff like the heathers. I find this phenomenon really interesting as well but it still makes me all mad lnside

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom