Morrissey interview in La Diaria (Uruguay)

Pretty good interview, some insights. Did not like the interviewers introduction. To much asskissing.

Without asskissing, there's no way an interview would have been given.

As the tour prepares to arrive in Argentina, the obvious snipes at Thatcher and the Falklands, but not nearly enough Troll Power to ignite the tabloids. No doubt that's being saved for the Argie media. The admission that Morrissey shares the same private doctor as Thatcher used is unintentionally revealing. He berates her effect on public services in the UK but it's questionable if he's paid personal tax here since 1984 when he moved his tax affairs to Ireland. Thatcher stood for ruthless individualism, so does Morrissey. Like her, he brooks no dissent. Like her, one can only hope he dies in great pain. The hypocrisy of him criticising Tories whilst using Thatcher's private doctor is breathtaking.

Also a desperate attempt to deflect the issue of Adele's success. He attempts to portray her as an Industry Creation yet the facts show no such pathway. On an independent label, only leased to major labels when the public passion for her music exploded. She reveals him as a desperate Crank-Fraud. He knows that Adele's success is purely down to The Voice. He also knows that her success collapses his Conspiracy Theory. The reason Morrissey hasn't achieved her level of success is simply because the public do not regard him as having her talents. He can only explain this away by spuriously claiming her sales are purely acheived by marketing campaigns. If only he was given a new major label recording contract and marketing spend then he'd finally, finally, finally escape his cult status and be embraced by the general public. His complaint that the music business mostly runs on marketing is revealed once again as a bitter whinge. His real complaint isn't that pop music has never been a meritocracy but that he should also be foisted onto the 'clueless consumers' via a mega-marketing spend by a big label.

Of course, he never complained in the 80s when the NME/Melody Maker tastemakers/gate-keepers put his ugly mug on newstands in the UK on an almost weekly basis. Even that didn't do the trick as the indifferent chart positions of The Smiths prove. In response he moved to a big label. When that didn't work he accused Radio 1 of being part of a conspiracy to foist dance music onto the public rather than play his absurdities. Thus 'Panic'. And on and on and on and on. The truly joyful thing about Morrissey's mediocre Careerism is that it's all been finally exposed by #ProfitFromParis and #TSAisthenewISIS Only the delusional remnants of his shrinking Cult now maintain he is, or ever was, a 'serious artist'. He is a huckster, selling fake rebel snake-oil. And that has been the case since he first walked onto the stage.

best
BrummieBoy

Thanks for posting. Not bad..As always M sincere and truthful.

How can you POSSIBLY know if Morrissey is being 'sincere and truthful'? :confused:

You weren't there when he typed his interview responses so your opinion is just AN OPINION! :straightface:

How can you continue to post comments WHEN YOU KNOW THAT NOBODY KNOWS WHAT MORRISSEY THINKS ABOUT ANYTHING!

Etc. :lbf:

best
BrummieBoy

Also a desperate attempt to deflect the issue of Adele's success. He attempts to portray her as an Industry Creation yet the facts show no such pathway. On an independent label, only leased to major labels when the public passion for her music exploded. She reveals him as a desperate Crank-Fraud. He knows that Adele's success is purely down to The Voice. He also knows that her success collapses his Conspiracy Theory. The reason Morrissey hasn't achieved her level of success is simply because the public do not regard him as having her talents. He can only explain this away by spuriously claiming her sales are purely acheived by marketing campaigns. If only he was given a new major label recording contract and marketing spend then he'd finally, finally, finally escape his cult status and be embraced by the general public. His complaint that the music business mostly runs on marketing is revealed once again as a bitter whinge. His real complaint isn't that pop music has never been a meritocracy but that he should also be foisted onto the 'clueless consumers' via a mega-marketing spend by a big label.

Of course, he never complained in the 80s when the NME/Melody Maker tastemakers/gate-keepers put his ugly mug on newstands in the UK on an almost weekly basis. Even that didn't do the trick as the indifferent chart positions of The Smiths prove. In response he moved to a big label. When that didn't work he accused Radio 1 of being part of a conspiracy to foist dance music onto the public rather than play his absurdities. Thus 'Panic'. And on and on and on and on. The truly joyful thing about Morrissey's mediocre Careerism is that it's all been finally exposed by #ProfitFromParis and #TSAisthenewISIS Only the delusional remnants of his shrinking Cult now maintain he is, or ever was, a 'serious artist'. He is a huckster, selling fake rebel snake-oil. And that has been the case since he first walked onto the stage.

best
BrummieBoy

I think Adele's success is partly due to her image. Her voice has a range and good tone but the way she enunciates is annoying to me. But she looks more like a real person than Gaga, Katy, or T Swift. I think her audience can see her as someone they could approach.

About magazine covers not translating to sales, there are some artists for whom this is true. Courtney Love at her mid-90's peak of fame sold far more magazines than records. The same is true for Marilyn Manson. People who are willing to be "controversial" until the point it starts to seem contrived will interest people who are not necessarily fans, but want to read some gossip or scandal. This might even be true for the Sex Pistols, though they had the good sense to release a classic record and fall apart at their peak.

yes just an opinion based on what I read. I didn't say that I was wrong or right.

Poor B... So much misplaced venom.... try your own ass next time.

kS, :straightface:

Then how can you say my opinion is right or wrong? Or 'venom'? You can't because HOW CAN ANYBODY POSSIBLY KNOW HOW I FEEL?"

lol!

best
BrummieBoy

I think Adele's success is partly due to her image. Her voice has a range and good tone but the way she enunciates is annoying to me. But she looks more like a real person than Gaga, Katy, or T Swift. I think her audience can see her as someone they could approach.

About magazine covers not translating to sales, there are some artists for whom this is true. Courtney Love at her mid-90's peak of fame sold far more magazines than records. The same is true for Marilyn Manson. People who are willing to be "controversial" until the point it starts to seem contrived will interest people who are not necessarily fans, but want to read some gossip or scandal. This might even be true for the Sex Pistols, though they had the good sense to release a classic record and fall apart at their peak.

People feel that Adele is 'authentic' whereas only those who know virtually nothign about Morirssey would imagine he's 'authentic'. What's damning about Morrissey trying to generate controversy by dissing Adele in this interview is that he knows he is bullshitting. Before she moved from 'success' to 'megastardom' he accepted that her ascent was purely due to The Voice. Now that she has become everything he imagines he deserved to be he has to shoehorn her into his 'conspiracy theory' and claim that she is an industry product. Quit how he imagines the record industry would choose a plus size woman from Tottenham to become the greatest selling act of this century isn't worth pondering. The alternative would be for him to accept that the reason he is not as popular as her is that he isn't felt to be authentic by the public, who also do not regard his songs as being of equal calibre to hers. You could plaster every billboard in the world with pictures of Morrissey and the public still wouldn't care, but that's impossible for him to accept. He is a mediocre talent with occassional flourishes of excellence. And the rise of Adele is the happy ending to debunk his ridiculous decades-long victim script that there is some 'conspiracy' to stop the public hearing him. He is full of shit and now he cannot even disguise it.

best
BB

"Daily Telegraph:
What about Adele, though? She’s selling millions of records but she didn’t have an enormous marketing campaign.

Morrissey: Yes. I don’t think there has been an aggressive campaign for her, and I think it has been one of those situations where people actually like her voice. And rightly so. I’m very pleased for her. Because I’ve seen someone who has attained great success simply on the strength of her voice. And she does use it very well."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...Morrissey-on...-Lady-Gaga-and-modern-pop.html

Last edited:
Don't think anyone cares to know how you feel...Or care if you have the ability to feel anything other than the hate you have for yourself shown in the daily barrage of your posts here.

Is there a shrink in the house for this bumbling boy?

HOW CAN ANYBODY POSSIBLY KNOW HOW I FEEL?

180!

best
BB

please ! anyone? A shrink quick ! for this bumblingboy !

BB=:crazy:

Who are you appealing to?

Nobody here can possibly respond as you are locked in your own private reality.

Too much Ketamine-not enough sun? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

best
BB

Don't think anyone cares to know how you feel...Or care if you have the ability to feel anything other than the hate you have for yourself shown in the daily barrage of your posts here.

Is there a shrink in the house for this bumbling boy?

To be honest I've never thought of you as a thinker, and if I am allowed to be brutally honest in this "P C" world ! I have you down as being constantly pre-menstrual !
Right or wrong ! I couldn't careless.
Yours in debunking !

Have a great weekend X

Benny-the-British-Butcher

To be honest I've never thought of you as a thinker, and if I am allowed to be brutally honest in this "P C" world ! I have you down as being constantly pre-menstrual !
Right or wrong ! I couldn't careless.
Yours in debunking !

Have a great weekend X

Sexist bastard!

LOL
i like how he says all of the uk celebrated thatchers death. yes he says, she won many elections, but that doesnt mean she was widely popular. i think moz has lost his mind. 'he will not forgive the sinking of the belgrade'. is he nuts? who is he?

what a load of bollocks. again.

The doctor attending Thatcher while dying is my personal physician in London. She said she had to endure terrible pain at the end

I'm sorry... patient/Dr confidentiality? 'Ooh, Moz, Get this, right... I've just come back from the Ritz... Yeah, Maggie literally soiled 'erself this arvo'

I'm sorry... patient/Dr confidentiality? 'Ooh, Moz, Get this, right... I've just come back from the Ritz... Yeah, Maggie literally soiled 'erself this arvo'

Considering Margaret Thatcher's willful, spiteful disregard for the health and dignity of countless gay men who died due to the AIDS epidemic during her reign, one should hope she received the same in kind. How soon the pale children forget.

From the way he acts I think Morrissey believes he is the equivalent of the second coming of Elvis. The major problem with this is much of the population haven't heard of him. He simply never attained the fame of an Elvis or John Lennon. But he believes he has, or that he deserves this and yes, a conspiracy against him prevents it. But as Geoff Travis said, he just didn't earn it. Baby. I think many of his interviews, even when young, came across as arrogant and a bit loopy, and after 30 years of going on about the same stuff a lot of people see him as a crank (or at least someone with nothing new to say or add to the world). He turns off people who were once fans.

Musically I was flicking back through some of his 90s and 2000s songs the other day, and was skipping a lot, just thinking how flat and uninspired the songs were. Many sound even worse in retrospect. Plodding "music" and band, but also the lyrics are just not very good. He just kept doing the same old same old, nothing new here... working with uncreative people or made an uncreative environment - and it just sounds all very uninspired today.

It's not a conspiracy. It just wasn't good enough to ever gain mainstream interest or long term record company backing or sales. He doesn't have the voice of Elvis, or the creative musical talent of a Lennon. And seemed unable to admit his failings and surround himself with people who could make up for that, and push him to be better (like Marr obviously did, even unconsciously). Just having Morrissey on a record, isn't good enough to attract mainstream success. He thinks that's all that was needed. This was the major gap in reality.

The Smiths were a different story and do stand the test of time, for many reasons.

best
BrummieBoy

Without asskissing, there's no way an interview would have been given.

As the tour prepares to arrive in Argentina, the obvious snipes at Thatcher and the Falklands, but not nearly enough Troll Power to ignite the tabloids. No doubt that's being saved for the Argie media. The admission that Morrissey shares the same private doctor as Thatcher used is unintentionally revealing. He berates her effect on public services in the UK but it's questionable if he's paid personal tax here since 1984 when he moved his tax affairs to Ireland. Thatcher stood for ruthless individualism, so does Morrissey. Like her, he brooks no dissent. Like her, one can only hope he dies in great pain. The hypocrisy of him criticising Tories whilst using Thatcher's private doctor is breathtaking.

best
BrummieBoy

Ear ! Ear ! Ear !
Looking forward to Lord CrankFruads ramblings when he performs in Argentina, guaranteed rich pickings unless MI6 are under orders to take him out. (Fingers crossed)

Many British soldiers lost their lives defending the British Falkland Islands when Argentina invaded them.

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow the old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Around the corner all is well.

God save the Queen

Did you finish the novel you where writing ?

Yes I did it's called List of the lost and I won an award for it for bulbous shit sex writing.
The reviews where also terrible but not because it's crap ! No. The reviews where very poor because the British establishment hate me from the top to the bottom, it's something I've learned to live with, at the end of the day I know and my cult followers know that everything I touch or say is NUMBER ONE !

From the way he acts I think Morrissey believes he is the equivalent of the second coming of Elvis. The major problem with this is much of the population haven't heard of him. He simply never attained the fame of an Elvis or John Lennon. But he believes he has, or that he deserves this and yes, a conspiracy against him prevents it. But as Geoff Travis said, he just didn't earn it. Baby. I think many of his interviews, even when young, came across as arrogant and a bit loopy, and after 30 years of going on about the same stuff a lot of people see him as a crank (or at least someone with nothing new to say or add to the world). He turns off people who were once fans.

Musically I was flicking back through some of his 90s and 2000s songs the other day, and was skipping a lot, just thinking how flat and uninspired the songs were. Many sound even worse in retrospect. Plodding "music" and band, but also the lyrics are just not very good. He just kept doing the same old same old, nothing new here... working with uncreative people or made an uncreative environment - and it just sounds all very uninspired today.

It's not a conspiracy. It just wasn't good enough to ever gain mainstream interest or long term record company backing or sales. He doesn't have the voice of Elvis, or the creative musical talent of a Lennon. And seemed unable to admit his failings and surround himself with people who could make up for that, and push him to be better (like Marr obviously did, even unconsciously). Just having Morrissey on a record, isn't good enough to attract mainstream success. He thinks that's all that was needed. This was the major gap in reality.

The Smiths were a different story and do stand the test of time, for many reasons.

Even with the most expensive marketing campaign in musical history Morrissey would never be embraced by the public in the way that Elvis or Lennon were. He simply cannot accept he isn't A List. In fact, he's C List now, having had a brief nudge into the B List when he was younger.

Some of his solo work is good quality because of the talent of collaborators like Street, Whyte and, rarely, Boorer. But everything they'd done is a pale fascimile of The Smiths. There has been no development other than the sprinkling of World Music references on WPINOYB. If he'd have done that a decade earlier it would have sounded fresh, now it just sounds like desperation. But he is a fascinating case-study in pop delusion. It's hard to think of a contender who's made such a profound mess of it. He remains interesting but not for the reasons he imagines. I can't see him accepting that he's been a plodding mediocrity for decades so expect his 'conspiracy theory' to grow legs as he races towards the cliff edge. Sadly, following his bizarre outbursts is now far more entertaining than listening to his musical efforts. Which is sad, but no better or worse than watching other C List ex-celebs making fools of themselves in the jungle......*popcorn*

best
BrummieBoy

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom