Morrissey interview in O Globo (Brazil) [updated - not new]

Last edited:
Re: Morrissey interview in O Globo (Brazil)

God, I'd kill for someone to ask him some new questions. But I'm also fairly certain that he'd refuse to answer them.

"This was a decision seal leader, Steve Barnett, who He said the drive was a "masterpiece", but did not know what to do with it. He sent a memo to everyone in the company warning them to keep away from me, but he copied me in the mail by accident. Our relationship fell apart there, and he picked up the album after a few weeks of sales. It was very childish and not very smart - complains."

Lol, this is new.

cool thanks for the interview

"This was a decision seal leader, Steve Barnett, who He said the drive was a "masterpiece", but did not know what to do with it. He sent a memo to everyone in the company warning them to keep away from me, but he copied me in the mail by accident. Our relationship fell apart there, and he picked up the album after a few weeks of sales. It was very childish and not very smart - complains."

Lol, this is new.

Not completely, he also said this (about the memo), in a interview about a month ago:
https://translate.google.no/transla...diz-morrissey.shtml?mobile&edit-text=&act=url

These are almost exactly the same questions in every interview for the last month?! What is he reading, what is he enjoying about touring, etc?! Oh hell, he is sounding better and better each concert.

Lol, this is new.

Not new, he said this a while ago in another interview

I think the sentiment of World Peace is None of Your Business probably did freak out the label. It is a great album. One of his best. However, as we have said a million times, he could surely get a record deal if he wasn't so tricky. I admire his lack of compromise but I also want to hear new songs. If Nick Cave can get a deal Morrissey can. Both sort of cultish with a loyal audience. I think Morrissey sells more records and tickets than Mr. Cave. It must be odd when you are playing to big crowds to have to swallow your pride and accept a lesser record deal than you had in the past.He isn't going to get another EMI deal.

I think the sentiment of World Peace is None of Your Business probably did freak out the label. It is a great album. One of his best. However, as we have said a million times, he could surely get a record deal if he wasn't so tricky. I admire his lack of compromise but I also want to hear new songs. If Nick Cave can get a deal Morrissey can. Both sort of cultish with a loyal audience. I think Morrissey sells more records and tickets than Mr. Cave. It must be odd when you are playing to big crowds to have to swallow your pride and accept a lesser record deal than you had in the past.He isn't going to get another EMI deal.

Interesting comparison and Cave's model would be a perfect one for Morrissey to follow. Cave runs (or more correctly has people to run) his own label which may be partly funded by a parent company but he retains all the licensing rights and makes separate deals on merchandising. I would think though that he sells a lot more records than Morrissey does these days

Why should he make a compromise? He is not a car salesman. Record labels should be fighting over him.

i doubt they signed him without having heard the songs most of which are but ridiculous. kiss me a lot kiss me a lot....gaga in malaga.....sweetly pay your taxes just silly lyrics.

He shouldn't have to compromise. Record companies aren't fighting over him. Most artists have to at least go along with the game a little. He hardly promoted the World Peace album for crying out loud. Now he never stops talking about it when you can't readily buy it. A few questionairre email interviews that translate appallingly are not enough. I know he refuses to deal with the British press but he has a good relationship with BBC Radio but he steered clear when the album came out. I'm not saying he has to go on Celebrity Big Brother.
He must see there was a link between the amount of promotion he did for You Are The Quarry and its success in terms of reviews and sales.

Last edited:

Oh sorry, I stopped reading the interviews a few months ago because he doesn't say anything new. If he can manipulate the idea his book reviews weren't bad, they were just attacking him with a straight face, then he can manipulate any interview question to say something fresh.

He shouldn't have to compromise. Record companies aren't fighting over him. Most artists have to at least go along with the game a little. He hardly promoted the World Peace album for crying out loud. Now he never stops talking about it when you can't readily buy it. A few questionairre email interviews that translate appallingly are not enough. I know he refuses to deal with the British press but he has a good relationship with BBC Radio but he steered clear when the album came out. I'm not saying he has to go on Celebrity Big Brother.
He must see there was a link between the amount of promotion he did for You Are The Quarry and its success in terms of reviews and sales.

World Peace is available on amazon.co.uk and amazon.com and countless other websites (both the vanilla and the deluxe album). It is also available in music stores such as HMV. By readily available do you mean iTunes? Any fan who claims they can't find World Peace on CD is lazy or wearing a gimp costume and chained to the ceiling.

Any fan who claims they can't find World Peace on CD is lazy or wearing a gimp costume and chained to the ceiling.

That's hilarious, but on a serious note Morrissey really should adopt a model similar to Nick Cave, even though Morrissey is too shackled in his pride and idealism. There are new ways to get music out, it's too bad when you go see him in concert and you can't get the new album. I already own it, but it would be nice to have the option to purchase it at his show if someone wanted to. I don't know much about the music-industry-know-how, but even Nick Cave had his albums from Mute on sale, although Nick Cave didn't bite the hand that fed him. It really makes me wonder how such a person like Morrissey made it this far as a person. I don't say this to bad-mouth him, I'm happy he's doing great on this tour and so fourth, but having to pay out of your own pocket to finance your own tours is just ghastly to me.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom