Morrissey interview + Polaroid photo in German Spiegel magazine

"Ich bin für Klartext" - Spiegel Online

(Excerpt before paywall via Google Translate)

Morrissey's worldview "I'm for plain text"

"Morrissey praises the Brexit referendum, defends Kevin Spacey and calls Berlin a "rape capital" because of its open borders. seriously?"

Whether the Briton Steven Patrick Morrissey, 58, a musician just Morrissey calls, now Genius is or Schrat, self-actor or choleric poet, will probably never settle final. Certainly the man from Manchester, who became famous in the eighties as a singer of pop band The Smiths, is a great eccentric of pop. Whether concert or interview, he maintains the pose of the diva. The meeting took place on the occasion of his new album "Low in High School" in Los Angeles; It was arranged at very short notice and then postponed several times, domination gestures want to be maintained. After all, Morrissey is ready to talk. However, the photographer is referred by one of his managers rude of the room: "Get out of my hotel!" The Polaroid photo was taken by the interviewer.

An interview with Juliane Liebert

41404_morrissey-spiegel.jpg

SPIEGEL: Mr Morrissey, in your new song "Spent the Day in Bed", you recommend that you no longer see any news. A serious proposal?

Morrissey: Yes. People should stop doing so for their own sanity. You have to stop. The news is just social engineering, and it's about control, not information. There are no more messages. Only control.

SPIEGEL: That sounds like Trump's fake news, but you just spoke out against Trump at a concert.

Morrissey: Trump has received so much attention, especially when compared to other candidates - Bernie Sanders, for example. Although the media said he will not win, every day, all the headlines: Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump! The American media helped Trump, yes, they first created it. Whether they criticize him or laugh at him, he does not care, he just wants to see his picture and his name. The American media have shot themselves in the leg. Since he was in power, he has exhausted the world. He grabs after everything like a little child. He is not a leader. He is a vermin. A huge vermin.

SPIEGEL: Do you think that he will be re-elected?

Full transcript (Google Translate to English), original German text posted by Cornflakes

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
SPIEGEL Plus, so you have to pay if you want to read the whole interview.

OMFG! The gift that keeps on shitting itself and wondering what the smell is...

"Berlin has become the capital of rape. Because of open borders."

(On Spacey and Weinstein) "When you are in somebody's bedroom, you have to be aware of where that can lead to ... In many cases, one looks at the circumstances and thinks that the person referred to as a victim is merely disappointed."

"I think every country should keep its identity. Millions of people died for German identity. If you think they deserve respect, you must protect their country."

Read that last one again slowly...

Last edited:
Morrissey presses the Nuclear Troll Button and launches a final deranged assault on consensual reality?

'I think that's ridiculous. As far as I know, he was in a bedroom with a 14-year-old. Kevin Spacey was 26, boy 14. One wonders where the boy's parents were. One wonders if the boy did not know what would happen. I do not know about you but in my youth I have never been in situations like this. Never. I was always aware of what could happen. When you are in somebody's bedroom, you have to be aware of where that can lead to. That's why it does not sound very credible to me. It seems to me that Spacey has been attacked unnecessarily.'

OMFG! The gift that keeps on shitting itself and wondering what the smell is...

"Berlin has become the capital of rape. Because of open borders."

(On Spacey and Weinstein) "When you are in somebody's bedroom, you have to be aware of where that can lead to ... In many cases, one looks at the circumstances and thinks that the person referred to as a victim is merely disappointed."

"I think every country should keep its identity. Millions of people died for German identity. If you think they deserve respect, you must protect their country."

Read that last one again slowly...

Yes. Then read the lyrics to 'Israel'. Then try and ponder WTF is going on in the cess-pit of this Crank-Fraud's mind....seriously bat-shit crazy stuff, even allowing for lost nuances with Google Translate, he's decided to max the trolling of everything and everyone...in a bizarre way it's strangely hilarious...

Can anyone offer a reasonable (not frothing at the mouth) explanation as to why someone so keen on 'Brexit' happily embraces recording/living in Italy, mixing in France whilst making a song about Tel Aviv? Given that his view was supported by 52% of voters.
I don't really do politics due to my views about Internet arguments being futile, but if anyone can shed light - I'd be grateful.
FWD.

Can anyone offer a reasonable (not frothing at the mouth) explanation as to why someone so keen on 'Brexit' happily embraces recording/living in Italy, mixing in France whilst making a song about Tel Aviv? Given that his view was supported by 52% of voters.
I don't really do politics due to my views about Internet arguments being futile, but if anyone can shed light - I'd be grateful.
FWD.

Also in this interview, he appears to back away slightly from supporting Brexit. Maybe his accountant has told him what the implications are for his tax bill.

FWD.
Its possible to love Europe (the continent with all its diversity, history and variety) but hate the European Union (which seeks to homogenise, dilute and consolidate sovereignty for the good of the few.)

Whether the Briton Steven Patrick Morrissey, 58, a musician just Morrisseycalls, now Genius is or Schrat, self-actor or choleric poet, will probably never settle final. Certainly the man from Manchester, who became famous in the eighties as a singer of the pop band The Smiths, a great eccentric of pop. Whether concert or interview, he maintains the pose of the diva. The meeting took place on the occasion of his new album "Low in High School" in Los Angeles; It was arranged at very short notice and then postponed several times, domination gestures want to be maintained. After all, Morrissey is ready to talk. However, the photographer is referred by one of his managers rude of the room: "Get out of my hotel!" The Polaroid photo was taken by the interviewer.

SPIEGEL: Mr Morrissey, in your new song "Spent the Day in Bed", you recommend that you no longer see any news. A serious proposal?

Morrissey: Yes. People should stop doing so for their own sanity. You have to stop. The news is just social engineering, and it's about control, not information. There are no more messages. Only control.

SPIEGEL: That sounds like Trump's fake news, but you just spoke out against Trump at a concert.

Morrissey: Trump has received so much attention, especially when compared to other candidates - Bernie Sanders, for example. Although the media said he will not win, every day, all the headlines: Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump! The American media helped Trump, yes, they first created it. Whether they criticize him or laugh at him, he does not care, he just wants to see his picture and his name. The American media have shot themselves in the leg. Since he was in power, he has exhausted the world. He grabs after everything like a little child. He is not a leader. He is a vermin. A huge vermin.

Morrissey: I never expected him to be elected. I was also in Los Angeles during the attacks on the World Trade Center, and the city stood still. The humans were rigid with shock. No cars on the streets. It was the same atmosphere as the announcement of Trump's election. It was as if the world had ended. Re-election? Maybe, I have no faith in the political elite anymore.

SPIEGEL: If there was a button here and if you pressed on it, Trump would die dead - would you push it or not?

Morrissey: I would, for the safety of humanity. It has nothing to do with my personal opinion of his face or his family, but in the interest of humanity I would push.

SPIEGEL: From a German point of view, there were two events last year that people thought would not happen. Trump - and the Brexit . But Brexit is your name, is that true?

Morrissey: That's not true. The outcome of the Brexit referendum fascinated me because it was a victory for democracy. The people said yes. Although Westminster said no. The political elite and the establishment have said no. No, no, no, we stay in the EU. And the public has ignored the media and decided for themselves, so Brexit is very important. He is the biggest democratic victory in the history of British politics for many, many years. Whether to endorse Brexit is another matter, but I was very proud of the British for ignoring the BBC, ignoring Sky News, who always said that if we leave the EU, we will all die ,

SPIEGEL: Is the song "Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage" a Pro Brexit song? It is said that Jacky stands for the Union Jack.

Morrissey: That's the idiocy I have to live with. The journalists say I say something I do not say. The song is not political. That's absolute nonsense, and they never apologize to me. They just want to be negative.

SPIEGEL: Another song from the new album is called "The Girl from Tel-Aviv Who Would not Kneel", the girl who never kneels.

Morrissey: I love this city. The rest of the world does not mean well with Israel. But the people there are very generous and friendly. You should never judge a people by their government. It is very rare for the government to reflect the wishes of the people. Certainly not in England. Certainly not in America. Probably not in Germany.

SPIEGEL: What do you think about the anti-Israeli BDS movement? So especially of artists who do not appear in Israel for political reasons?

Morrissey: I'm against it. When I play in Russia, I do not sing for Putin. I sing for the people. It is absurd and narrow-minded. Being politically correct is incorrect. It is absurd. It means forbidding the freedom of speech. This is how the BDS movement sounds to me.

SPIEGEL: You have been campaigning for animal rights for decades. If it was in your hands, what would you change?

Morrissey: I would ban the slaughterhouse. I have never been in my life choosing. I have never cast my vote for any political party. I raise my voice for the party that is abolishing the slaughterhouse. Animals should be born free and live their lives. They should not be born slaves. I do not understand why anyone thinks animals deserve to be hacked. If you allow the slaughterhouse to continue, you say: The Holocaust is great. Auschwitz was fantastic. Let us continue. It is exactly the same. If you do not believe me, go to a slaughterhouse.

SPIEGEL: Since we're in Hollywood, have you followed the debates about Harvey Weinstein , Kevin Spacey and #MeToo ?

Morrissey:To some extent, yes, but then it became a play. All at once everyone is guilty. Anyone who has ever said to someone else, "I like you," is suddenly being charged with sexual harassment. You have to put these things in the right relations. If I can not tell anyone that I like him, how should he ever know? Of course, there are extreme cases, rape is disgusting, every physical attack is repulsive. But we have to see it in relative terms. Otherwise, every person on this planet is guilty. We can not permanently decide from above what we are allowed to do and what we can not do. Because then we are all trapped. Some people are very awkward when it comes to romance anyway. They do not know what to do and then their behavior is aggressive.

SPIEGEL: What do you think about Spacey, one of the main characters in a movie, being replaced shortly before the start date?

Morrissey: I think that's ridiculous. As far as I know, he was in a bedroom with a 14-year-old. Kevin Spacey was 26 and boy 14 was wondering where the boy's parents were. One wonders if the boy did not know what could happen. I do not know about you, but I've never been in situations like this in my youth. Never. I always knew what could happen. When you are in somebody's bedroom, you have to be aware of where that can lead to. That's why it does not sound very credible to me. It seems to me Spacey has been unnecessarily attacked.

SPIEGEL: Should that also apply to the actresses who went to the hotel room with Weinstein ?

Morrissey: People know exactly what happens. And they play along. Afterward, they feel embarrassed, or they do not like it. And then they turn it around and say: I was attacked, I was surprised, I was dragged into the room. But if everything had gone well and had it given them a great career, they would not talk about it. I hate rape. I hate attacks. I hate sexual situations that are forced on someone. But in many cases, one looks at the circumstances and thinks that the person referred to as a victim is merely disappointed. Throughout the history of music and rock 'n' roll there have been musicians who have slept with their groupies. If you go through history, almost everyone is guilty of sleeping with minors.

SPIEGEL: David Bowie has deflowered a 15-year-old, according to the victims. Also a bagatelle?

Morrissey: That was absolutely normal then.

SPIEGEL: Have you ever been in such a situation?

Morrissey: No.

SPIEGEL: Neither on one side nor on the other?

Morrissey: No. Never, never, never.

SPIEGEL: Is provocation an important element of your art?

Morrissey: What is provocation? Stimulation?

SPIEGEL: Do you say some of the more provocative things just to stand against certain currents in the current general worldview?

"Political life is falling apart everywhere - in a sense, that makes me happy."
Morrissey: Yes, I mean, you have to open the debate. Just as one should not boycott Israel. You have to sit down and listen to people. You can not say I'm not listening, you do not agree, so you're wrong. That's also the problem with a lot of the British press. They like to talk to me, but then they print an interview in which they do not write what I said. That's wrong, because it's my moral point of view, not theirs. Provocation is too strong a word, but I am for plain text.

SPIEGEL: What's the last lie about you?

Morrissey: That "Jacky" would be a song about Brexit. But that's the British press. This is the "Loony Left", the crazy left, they are so extreme. They are now like the "Third Reich". They can not be influenced, and one must have no other opinion. It's very, very boring, and it's pretty dangerous. People today are obsessed with where they stand politically. They are narrow-minded. Be it the right or the left. I am not political, I am apolitical, but I am a human being that exists in the present world. Everything we do has to do with politics. But as I said, I've never chosen any party in my life.

SPIEGEL: Yes, that's what you said.

Singer Morrissey in Mexico City, March 2017: giving each country its story

Morrissey: Theresa May is absurd. Donald Trump is absurd. They have no sense of how to lead people. When they speak or look at you, you know they have no idea. Theresa May has no idea what to do. It's very sad. Political life is falling apart all over the world. In a sense, that makes me happy, because even the idea of president and prime minister seems to me extremely old-fashioned. The idea that a single person, be it a father or a mother, saves us from all evil is quite absurd.

SPIEGEL: You mean, the world is just going through puberty?

Morrissey: Yes! People are sorry for the establishment. Everyone is tired. We do not believe anyone anymore. We no longer believe in the old power structures. The poor stay poor no matter what. The militarization of the world is outdated, it does not work. So when we see political figures modeled after political figures of the fifties, with ties, beautiful shoes, and good suits, it's a very old-fashioned principle. That's not the way the world is. There are more and more people like me in the world, we are many. We do not want that anymore, because it makes us unhappy. It's over.

SPIEGEL: What is the role of music in this constellation?

Morrissey: Music is the most important thing. The key to survival. Music is being censored now, it's being controlled so it's just entertainment. Nevertheless, those who have something to say will find a way to do that. Music is our only friend.

SPIEGEL: What do you think about the situation in Germany?

Morrissey: Every second I ever spent in Germany was a privilege. Germany was a friend to me. I'm not very enthusiastic about the EU, but that's not important. But I do not want to be part of a German empire. And I do not think England should be part of a German empire.

SPIEGEL: Do you think the EU is a German Empire?

Morrissey: Yes. And so many people think. Maybe that's why people voted for Brexit. England could no longer make decisions without turning to Germany.

SPIEGEL: So you think Angela Merkel is the mother of Europe?

Morrissey: Well, she's smart enough not to say much. She stays silent, which is very interesting. But I'm sad that Berlin has become the rape capital.

SPIEGEL: Which one? Capital of the rape?

Morrissey: Yes, yes! Because of the open borders. Many people think that it was a mistake of Angela Merkel, that she said at the beginning: "Come, come here!" And then: "Yikes, yikes, not!"

SPIEGEL: So you are against taking in refugees?

Morrissey: Okay, let's talk about multiculturalism. I want Germany to be German. I want France to be French. If you try to make everything multicultural, you will not have any culture in the end. All European countries have fought for their identity for many, many years. And now they just throw it away. I think that's sad.

SPIEGEL: But you live in the US, which emerged in its current form because people came from everywhere.

Morrissey: Every single country has its history of revolutions and liberation. Other countries do not have your story. It's not easy to connect that. When people immigrate, they bring their religion and their customs with them and try to establish them. And there begins the confusion.

SPIEGEL: So you say everyone should stay where he is?

Morrissey: (laughs loudly) No. But I think every country should keep its identity. Millions of people have died for German identity. If you think they deserve respect, you must protect their country.

SPIEGEL: Mr. Morrissey, we thank you for this interview.

Its possible to love Europe (the continent with all its diversity, history and variety) but hate the European Union (which seeks to homogenise, dilute and consolidate sovereignty for the good of the few.)
I completely get that, but if you couple that with the 'racist' assertions and alleged 'dislike' of immigrants et al - you'd expect him not to care about history or variety and keep to what he likes (yes, the crux of what I'm on about is to debunk the 'ist' & 'ism' s attributed to him).
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Via Google translate....some seriously nutso stuff here...

Whether the Briton Steven Patrick Morrissey, 58, who calls himself as a musician only Morrissey , now Genius or Schrat, self-starring or choleric poet, will probably never be clarified. Certainly the man from Manchester, who became famous in the eighties as a singer of the pop band The Smiths, a great eccentric of pop. Whether concert or interview, he maintains the pose of the diva. The meeting took place on the occasion of his new album "Low in High School" in Los Angeles; It was arranged at very short notice and then postponed several times, domination gestures want to be maintained. After all, Morrissey is ready to talk. However, the photographer is referred by one of his managers rude of the room: "Get out of my hotel!" The Polaroid photo was taken by the interviewer.

Morrissey: I never expected him to be elected. I was also in LA during the attacks on the World Trade Center, and the city stood still. DEI humans were rigid with shock. No cars on the streets. It was the same atmosphere as the announcement of Trump's election. It was as if the world ended httte. Re-election? Maybe, I have no faith in the political elite anymore.

SPIEGEL: If there was a button here and if you pressed on it, Trump fell over dead - would you press it or not?

Morrissey: Wow for the safety of mankind. It has nothing to do with my personal opinion of his face or his family, but in the interest of humanity, I would like to speak.

SPIEGEL: From a German point of view, there were two events last year, of which people believe they would not enter. Trump and Brexit. But Brexit is your name, is that true?

Morrissey: That IS NOT TRUE. The outcome of the Brexit referendum fascinates me because it was a victory for democracy. The people said yes. Although Westminster said no. DEI political elite and the establishment have said no. No, no, no, we stay in the EU. And the public has ignored the media and decided for themselves, that's why Brexit is important to SEHr. He has been the greatest democratic victory in British history for many, many years. Whether or not Brexit is good is another matter, but I was very stubborn about the British ignoring the BBC, ignoring Sky News, who always said: If we leave the EU, we'll all die.

SPIEGEL: Is the song "Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage" actually a pro-Brexit song? It is said that Jacky stands for the Union Jack.

Morrissey: That IS the idiocy I have to live with. DEI journalists claim I would say something WHAT I DO NOT SAY. The song IS NOT political. That IS absolute nonsense, and they never apologize to mi. They just want to be negative.

SPIEGEL: Another song from the new album is called "The Girl from Tel-Aviv Who Would not Kneel", the girl who never kneels.

Morrissey: I love this city. The REST OF THE WORLD does not like Israel well. But the people THERE ARE GROOVY and friendly. MAN should never judge ONE PEOPLE AFTER his government. It is rare for the government to reflect the wishes of the people. Certainly not in England. Certainly not in America. Probably not in Germany.

SPIEGEL: What do you think about the anti-Israeli BDS movement? So in particular of artists who do not appear in Israel for political reasons?

Morrissey: I AM against it. When I play in Russia, I do not sing Fxr Putin. I sing for the people there. It is absurd and narrow-minded. Being politically correct IS incorrect. It IS absurd. It means forbidding the freedom of speech. This is how the BDS movement sounds to me.

SPIEGEL: You've been campaigning for animal rights for ten years. If it were in your hands, what would you change?

Morrissey: I would ban the slaughterhouse. I have never been in my life choosing. I have never cast my vote for any political party. I raise my voice for the party abolishing the slaughterhouse. Animals should be born free and live their lives. They should not be born slaves. I do not understand why anyone thinks animals deserve to be hacked. If you allow the slaughterhouse to continue, you say: The Holocaust is great. Auschwit though fantastic. Let us continue. It is exactly the same. If you do not believe me, go to a slaughterhouse.

SPIEGEL: Since we're here in Hollywood, have you followed the debates on Harvey S`qs`q, Kevin Spacey, and #MeToo?

Morrissey: Up to a point, yes BUT then it became a play. All at once ALL owe. Anyone who has ever said to someone else, "I like you," is suddenly being charged with sexual harassment. You have to put these things into the right relations. If I can not tell anyone that I like him, how would he ever know? Of course, there are extreme cases, rape is disgusting, any physical attack is repugnant. But we have to SEE it in proportion. Otherwise, every person on this planet is guilty. We can not decide permanently from above, WHAT TO DO AND WHAT NOT. Because then we are ALL in the trap. Some people are already awkward when it comes to romance. They do not know what to do and then their behavior is aggressive.

SPIEGEL: What do you think of Spacey, one of the main characters in a movie, replacing her with the launch date?

Morrissey: I think that's ridiculous. As far as I know, he was in a bedroom with a 14-year-old. Kevin Spacey was 26, boy 14. One wonders where the boy's parents were. One wonders if the boy did not know what would happen. I do not know about you but in my youth I have never been in situations like this. Never. I was always aware of what could happen. When you are in somebody's bedroom, you have to be aware of where that can lead to. That's why it does not sound very credible to me. It seems to me that Spacey has been unnecessarily attacked.

SPIEGEL: Is this also supposed to apply to the actresses who went to the hotel room with S'qs`q?

Morrissey: People know exactly what's going on. And they play along. Afterwards, they feel embarrassed or disliked. And then they turn it around and say: I was attacked, I was surprised, I was shattered into THE room. But if everything went well, and if it had given them a great career, they would not talk about it. I hate rape. I hate attacks. I hate sexual situations that are forced on someone. But in many cases one looks at the circumstances and thinks that the person who is considered a victim is merely disappointed. Throughout the history of music and rock 'n' roll there have been musicians who slept with their groupies. If you go through history, almost everyone is guilty of sleeping with minors. Why not throw everyone in jail at the same time?

SPIEGEL: David Bowie has deflowered a 15-year-old, according to the person concerned.

Morrissey: That was absolutely normal back then ...

Morrissey: No. SPIEGEL: Neither on one side or the other?

SPIEGEL: Do you say some of the more provocative things just to stand against certain currents in the current general world view? "Political life is falling apart everywhere - in a sense, that makes me happy."

Morrissey: Yes, I mean, you have to open the debate. Just as one should not boycott Israel. You have to sit down and listen to people. You can not say I'm not listening, you're not in my opinion, BLSor are you wrong. This IS also the problem with a large part of the British press. They like to talk to me BUT then they print an interview in which they do not write WHAT I said. That's wrong, because it's my moral point of view, not theirs. Provocation is too strong a word, but I'm in plain language.

Morrissey: That "Jacky" would be a song about Brexit. But that's the British press. This is the "Loony Left", the crazy left, they are so extreme. They are in between like the "Third Reich". They can not be influenced, and one MUST have no other opinion Mier. It's VERY boring, and it's pretty dangerous. DEI people today are obsessed with where they are politically. They are narrow-minded. Be it the right ODE the left. I'm not political, I'm apolitical, but I'm a human being that exists in the world today. Everything we do has to do with politics. But as I said, I've never voted for any party in my life.

SPIEGEL: Yeah, that's what you said.

Morrissey: Theresa May IS absurd. Donald Trump IS absurd. They have no sense of how to lead people. When they talk about ODE you know YOU have no idea about it. Theresa May has no idea WHAT she SHOULD do. It's very sad . he political life is falling apart all over the world. In a sense, I am pleased that because already the idea of President and Prime Minister mi appears extremely old-fashioned. The idea that a single person, be it a father or a mother, saves us from all evil, is quite absurd.

Morrissey: Yes! DEI people are sorry for the establishment. ALL are tired. We do not believe anyone else. We do not believe in the old power structures anymore. DEI poor stay ARM no matter WHAT happens. DEI Militarization THE world is outdated, IT is not working. So when we see political figures modeled after political figures of the fifties, with ties, beautiful shoes, and good suits, it's an old-fashioned principle. That's not how the world is. There are always more people like me in the world,

What is the role of music in this constellation?

Morrissey: Music IS THE MOST IMPORTANT. The key to survival. Music is now being censored, IT is controlled so that IT IS ONLY entertainment. Trot zdem will all those who have something to say, find a way, the z utun. Music is our one and only friend.

Morrissey: Every second I've ever spent in Germany was a privilege. Germany was a friend. I'm not very enthusiastic about the EU BUT that's not important. But I do not want to be part of a German empire. And I do not think England should be part of a German empire.

SPIEGEL: You think the EU is a German Empire? Morrissey: Yes. And so many people think. Maybe that's why people voted for Brexit. England could not make any more decisions without turning to Germany.

Morrissey: Nunsie is smart enough not to say much. She stays silent, which is very interesting. but I'm sad that Berlin has become the rape capital.

SPIEGEL: The what? Capital of the Rape?

Morrissey: Yes, yes1 Because of the open borders. Many people think it was a mistake of Angela Merkel, that she said in the beginning: "Come, come all here!" And then: "Yikes, yikes, but not!"
SPIEGEL: So you are against to take on fugitives?

Morrissey: Okay, let's talk about multiculturalism. I want THAT Germany is German. I want France to be French. If you try to make everything multicultural, you will not have any culture at the end of your meal. ALL European countries have fought for their identity for many, many years. And now they just throw it away. I think that's sad.

MIRROR: But they live in the US, which came into being in their current form because people came from everywhere.

Morrissey: Every single country has its history of revolutions and liberation. Other countries do not have your story. It is not easy to connect THAT. When people immigrate, they bring their religion and their customs with them and try to establish them. And there begins the confusion.

Morrissey: (laughs loudly) No. But I think every country should keep its identity. Millions of people have died for German identity. If you think you deserve respect, then you must protect your country. MIRROR: Mr. Morrissey, we thank you for this interview.

http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/morri...nd-merkels-fluechtlingspolitik-a-1178545.html

I completely get that, but if you couple that with the 'racist' assertion and alleged 'dislike' of immigrants et al - you'd expect him not to care about history or variety and keep to what he likes (yes, the crux of what I'm on about is to debunk the 'ist' & 'ism' s attributed to him).
Regards,
FWD.
Read the interview. Its always been pretty clear he isn't racist (except to the idiots). His issue has always been the erosion of national identity (of any nation). He is suggesting that multi-culturalism doesn't work, because one culture tends to dominate over another. His politics are perfectly reasonable and well thought out.

Blimey shiver me timbers m8! Reckon this is a horrible pic. It looks like poor Uncle Steve has been kidnapped by Nazis and is being tortured in a small weird room. Look at Steve's face from when he was home in L.A. and in Germany. This is really sad. The things Steve has to do for money. He is not a "Briton". He is a patriotic American. Guaranteed he will be at least the Mayor of L.A. or the governor of California in the next 10 years.

Via Google translate....some seriously nutso stuff here...

Whether the Briton Steven Patrick Morrissey, 58, who calls himself as a musician only Morrissey , now Genius or Schrat, self-starring or choleric poet, will probably never be clarified. Certainly the man from Manchester, who became famous in the eighties as a singer of the pop band The Smiths, a great eccentric of pop. Whether concert or interview, he maintains the pose of the diva. The meeting took place on the occasion of his new album "Low in High School" in Los Angeles; It was arranged at very short notice and then postponed several times, domination gestures want to be maintained. After all, Morrissey is ready to talk. However, the photographer is referred by one of his managers rude of the room: "Get out of my hotel!" The Polaroid photo was taken by the interviewer.

Morrissey: I never expected him to be elected. I was also in LA during the attacks on the World Trade Center, and the city stood still. DEI humans were rigid with shock. No cars on the streets. It was the same atmosphere as the announcement of Trump's election. It was as if the world ended httte. Re-election? Maybe, I have no faith in the political elite anymore.

SPIEGEL: If there was a button here and if you pressed on it, Trump fell over dead - would you press it or not?

Morrissey: Wow for the safety of mankind. It has nothing to do with my personal opinion of his face or his family, but in the interest of humanity, I would like to speak.

SPIEGEL: From a German point of view, there were two events last year, of which people believe they would not enter. Trump and Brexit. But Brexit is your name, is that true?

Morrissey: That IS NOT TRUE. The outcome of the Brexit referendum fascinates me because it was a victory for democracy. The people said yes. Although Westminster said no. DEI political elite and the establishment have said no. No, no, no, we stay in the EU. And the public has ignored the media and decided for themselves, that's why Brexit is important to SEHr. He has been the greatest democratic victory in British history for many, many years. Whether or not Brexit is good is another matter, but I was very stubborn about the British ignoring the BBC, ignoring Sky News, who always said: If we leave the EU, we'll all die.

SPIEGEL: Is the song "Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage" actually a pro-Brexit song? It is said that Jacky stands for the Union Jack.

Morrissey: That IS the idiocy I have to live with. DEI journalists claim I would say something WHAT I DO NOT SAY. The song IS NOT political. That IS absolute nonsense, and they never apologize to mi. They just want to be negative.

Morrissey: I love this city. The REST OF THE WORLD does not like Israel well. But the people THERE ARE GROOVY and friendly. MAN should never judge ONE PEOPLE AFTER his government. It is rare for the government to reflect the wishes of the people. Certainly not in England. Certainly not in America. Probably not in Germany.

SPIEGEL: What do you think about the anti-Israeli BDS movement? So in particular of artists who do not appear in Israel for political reasons?

Morrissey: I AM against it. When I play in Russia, I do not sing Fxr Putin. I sing for the people there. It is absurd and narrow-minded. Being politically correct IS incorrect. It IS absurd. It means forbidding the freedom of speech. This is how the BDS movement sounds to me.

SPIEGEL: You've been campaigning for animal rights for ten years. If it were in your hands, what would you change?

Morrissey: I would ban the slaughterhouse. I have never been in my life choosing. I have never cast my vote for any political party. I raise my voice for the party abolishing the slaughterhouse. Animals should be born free and live their lives. They should not be born slaves. I do not understand why anyone thinks animals deserve to be hacked. If you allow the slaughterhouse to continue, you say: The Holocaust is great. Auschwit though fantastic. Let us continue. It is exactly the same. If you do not believe me, go to a slaughterhouse.

SPIEGEL: Since we're here in Hollywood, have you followed the debates on Harvey S`qs`q, Kevin Spacey, and #MeToo?

Morrissey: Up to a point, yes BUT then it became a play. All at once ALL owe. Anyone who has ever said to someone else, "I like you," is suddenly being charged with sexual harassment. You have to put these things into the right relations. If I can not tell anyone that I like him, how would he ever know? Of course, there are extreme cases, rape is disgusting, any physical attack is repugnant. But we have to SEE it in proportion. Otherwise, every person on this planet is guilty. We can not decide permanently from above, WHAT TO DO AND WHAT NOT. Because then we are ALL in the trap. Some people are already awkward when it comes to romance. They do not know what to do and then their behavior is aggressive.

SPIEGEL: What do you think of Spacey, one of the main characters in a movie, replacing her with the launch date?

Morrissey: I think that's ridiculous. As far as I know, he was in a bedroom with a 14-year-old. Kevin Spacey was 26, boy 14. One wonders where the boy's parents were. One wonders if the boy did not know what would happen. I do not know about you but in my youth I have never been in situations like this. Never. I was always aware of what could happen. When you are in somebody's bedroom, you have to be aware of where that can lead to. That's why it does not sound very credible to me. It seems to me that Spacey has been unnecessarily attacked.

SPIEGEL: Is this also supposed to apply to the actresses who went to the hotel room with S'qs`q?

Morrissey: People know exactly what's going on. And they play along. Afterwards, they feel embarrassed or disliked. And then they turn it around and say: I was attacked, I was surprised, I was shattered into THE room. But if everything went well, and if it had given them a great career, they would not talk about it. I hate rape. I hate attacks. I hate sexual situations that are forced on someone. But in many cases one looks at the circumstances and thinks that the person who is considered a victim is merely disappointed. Throughout the history of music and rock 'n' roll there have been musicians who slept with their groupies. If you go through history, almost everyone is guilty of sleeping with minors. Why not throw everyone in jail at the same time?

SPIEGEL: David Bowie has deflowered a 15-year-old, according to the person concerned.

Morrissey: That was absolutely normal back then ...

Morrissey: No. SPIEGEL: Neither on one side or the other?

SPIEGEL: Do you say some of the more provocative things just to stand against certain currents in the current general world view? "Political life is falling apart everywhere - in a sense, that makes me happy."

Morrissey: Yes, I mean, you have to open the debate. Just as one should not boycott Israel. You have to sit down and listen to people. You can not say I'm not listening, you're not in my opinion, BLSor are you wrong. This IS also the problem with a large part of the British press. They like to talk to me BUT then they print an interview in which they do not write WHAT I said. That's wrong, because it's my moral point of view, not theirs. Provocation is too strong a word, but I'm in plain language.

Morrissey: That "Jacky" would be a song about Brexit. But that's the British press. This is the "Loony Left", the crazy left, they are so extreme. They are in between like the "Third Reich". They can not be influenced, and one MUST have no other opinion Mier. It's VERY boring, and it's pretty dangerous. DEI people today are obsessed with where they are politically. They are narrow-minded. Be it the right ODE the left. I'm not political, I'm apolitical, but I'm a human being that exists in the world today. Everything we do has to do with politics. But as I said, I've never voted for any party in my life.

SPIEGEL: Yeah, that's what you said.

Morrissey: Theresa May IS absurd. Donald Trump IS absurd. They have no sense of how to lead people. When they talk about ODE you know YOU have no idea about it. Theresa May has no idea WHAT she SHOULD do. It's very sad . he political life is falling apart all over the world. In a sense, I am pleased that because already the idea of President and Prime Minister mi appears extremely old-fashioned. The idea that a single person, be it a father or a mother, saves us from all evil, is quite absurd.

Morrissey: Yes! DEI people are sorry for the establishment. ALL are tired. We do not believe anyone else. We do not believe in the old power structures anymore. DEI poor stay ARM no matter WHAT happens. DEI Militarization THE world is outdated, IT is not working. So when we see political figures modeled after political figures of the fifties, with ties, beautiful shoes, and good suits, it's an old-fashioned principle. That's not how the world is. There are always more people like me in the world,

What is the role of music in this constellation?

Morrissey: Music IS THE MOST IMPORTANT. The key to survival. Music is now being censored, IT is controlled so that IT IS ONLY entertainment. Trot zdem will all those who have something to say, find a way, the z utun. Music is our one and only friend.

Morrissey: Every second I've ever spent in Germany was a privilege. Germany was a friend. I'm not very enthusiastic about the EU BUT that's not important. But I do not want to be part of a German empire. And I do not think England should be part of a German empire.

SPIEGEL: You think the EU is a German Empire? Morrissey: Yes. And so many people think. Maybe that's why people voted for Brexit. England could not make any more decisions without turning to Germany.

Morrissey: Nunsie is smart enough not to say much. She stays silent, which is very interesting. but I'm sad that Berlin has become the rape capital.

SPIEGEL: The what? Capital of the Rape?

Morrissey: Yes, yes1 Because of the open borders. Many people think it was a mistake of Angela Merkel, that she said in the beginning: "Come, come all here!" And then: "Yikes, yikes, but not!"
SPIEGEL: So you are against to take on fugitives?

Morrissey: Okay, let's talk about multiculturalism. I want THAT Germany is German. I want France to be French. If you try to make everything multicultural, you will not have any culture at the end of your meal. ALL European countries have fought for their identity for many, many years. And now they just throw it away. I think that's sad.

MIRROR: But they live in the US, which came into being in their current form because people came from everywhere.

Morrissey: Every single country has its history of revolutions and liberation. Other countries do not have your story. It is not easy to connect THAT. When people immigrate, they bring their religion and their customs with them and try to establish them. And there begins the confusion.

Morrissey: (laughs loudly) No. But I think every country should keep its identity. Millions of people have died for German identity. If you think you deserve respect, then you must protect your country. MIRROR: Mr. Morrissey, we thank you for this interview.

http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/morri...nd-merkels-fluechtlingspolitik-a-1178545.html

Thank you very much for posting!
I like that one. Much more than his recent musical output.
f*** PC!

Read the interview. Its always been pretty clear he isn't racist (except to the idiots). His issue has always been the erosion of national identity (of any nation). He is suggesting that multi-culturalism doesn't work, because one culture tends to dominate over another. His politics are perfectly reasonable and well thought out.

It isn't clear at all. His remarks slandering Chinese people en masse as a 'sub-species' was a grotesquely racist blunder. His politics are incomprehensible.

Ob der Brite Steven Patrick Morrissey, 58, der sich als Musiker nur Morrisseynennt, nun Genius ist oder Schrat, Selbstdarsteller oder cholerischer Poet, wird sich wohl nie endgültig klären lassen. Ganz sicher ist der Mann aus Manchester, der in den Achtzigerjahren als Sänger der Popband The Smiths berühmt wurde, ein großer Exzentriker des Pop. Ob Konzert oder Interview, er pflegt die Pose der Diva. Das Treffen fand anlässlich seines neuen Albums "Low in High School" in Los Angeles statt; es wurde sehr kurzfristig anberaumt und dann mehrfach verschoben, Herrschaftsgesten wollen gepflegt sein. Schließlich ist Morrissey doch bereit zu sprechen. Der Fotograf allerdings wird von einem seiner Manager rüde des Raums verwiesen: "Get out of my hotel!" Das Polaroidfoto machte die Interviewerin.

SPIEGEL: Mr Morrissey, in Ihrem neuen Song "Spent the Day in Bed" empfehlen Sie, keine Nachrichten mehr zu sehen. Ein ernst gemeinter Vorschlag?

Morrissey: Ja. Die Menschen sollten damit aufhören um ihrer eigenen geistigen Gesundheit willen. Sie müssen aufhören. Die Nachrichten sind nur noch Social Engineering, und dabei geht es um Kontrolle und nicht um Information. Es gibt keine Nachrichten mehr. Nur noch Kontrolle.

SPIEGEL: Das klingt nach Trumps Fake News, aber Sie haben sich gerade bei einem Konzert gegen Trump ausgesprochen.

Morrissey: Trump hat so viel Aufmerksamkeit bekommen, erst recht im Vergleich zu anderen Kandidaten - Bernie Sanders zum Beispiel. Obwohl die Medien sagten, er werde nicht gewinnen, jeden Tag, alle Überschriften: Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump! Die amerikanischen Medien haben Trump geholfen, ja, sie haben ihn erst erschaffen. Ob sie ihn kritisieren oder über ihn lachen, das ist ihm egal, er will nur sein Bild und seinen Namen sehen. Die amerikanischen Medien haben sich selbst ins Bein geschossen. Seitdem er an der Macht ist, hat er die Welt erschöpft. Er grapscht nach allem wie ein kleines Kind. Er ist kein Anführer. Er ist ein Ungeziefer. Ein riesiges Ungeziefer.

SPIEGEL: Denken Sie, dass er wiedergewählt werden wird?

Morrissey: Ich hätte nie damit gerechnet, dass er überhaupt gewählt würde. Ich war auch während der Anschläge auf das World Trade Center hier in Los Angeles, und die Stadt stand still. Die Menschen waren starr vor Schock. Keine Autos auf den Straßen. Es war die gleiche Atmosphäre wie bei der Bekanntgabe von Trumps Wahl. Es war, als ob die Welt geendet hätte. Wiederwahl? Kann sein, ich habe kein Vertrauen in die politische Elite mehr.

SPIEGEL: Wenn hier ein Knopf wäre, und wenn Sie daraufdrückten, Trump tot umfiele - würden Sie ihn drücken oder nicht?

Morrissey: Würde ich, für die Sicherheit der Menschheit. Hat nichts mit meiner persönlichen Meinung zu seinem Gesicht oder seiner Familie zu tun, aber im Interesse der Menschheit würde ich drücken.

SPIEGEL: Aus deutscher Sicht gab es vergangenes Jahr zwei Ereignisse, von denen die Menschen glaubten, sie würden nicht eintreten. Trump - und der Brexit. Aber den Brexit heißen Sie gut, ist das wahr?

Morrissey: Das ist nicht wahr. Der Ausgang des Brexit-Referendums fasziniert mich, weil er ein Sieg für die Demokratie war. Das Volk hat Ja gesagt. Obwohl Westminster Nein gesagt hat. Die politische Elite und das Establishment haben Nein gesagt. Nein, nein, nein, wir bleiben in der EU. Und die Öffentlichkeit hat die Medien ignoriert und selbst entschieden, darum ist der Brexit sehr wichtig. Er ist der größte demokratische Sieg in der Geschichte der britischen Politik seit vielen, vielen Jahren. Ob man den Brexit an sich gutheißt, ist eine andere Sache, aber ich war sehr stolz auf die Briten, dafür, dass sie die BBC ignoriert haben, Sky News ignoriert haben, die immer sagten: Wenn wir die EU verlassen, werden wir alle sterben.

SPIEGEL: Ist der Song "Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage" tatsächlich ein Pro-Brexit-Song? Man sagt, Jacky stehe für den Union Jack.

Morrissey: Das ist die Idiotie, mit der ich leben muss. Die Journalisten behaupten, ich würde etwas sagen, was ich gar nicht sage. Der Song ist nicht politisch. Das ist absoluter Unsinn, und sie entschuldigen sich niemals bei mir. Sie wollen einfach negativ sein.

SPIEGEL: Ein anderes Lied vom neuen Album heißt "The Girl from Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel", das Mädchen, das niemals kniet.

Morrissey: Ich liebe diese Stadt. Der Rest der Welt meint es nicht gut mit Israel. Aber die Menschen dort sind sehr großzügig und freundlich. Man sollte niemals ein Volk nach seiner Regierung beurteilen. Es ist sehr selten, dass die Regierung die Wünsche des Volkes widerspiegelt. Auf jeden Fall nicht in England. Auf jeden Fall nicht in Amerika. Vermutlich auch nicht in Deutschland.

SPIEGEL: Was halten Sie von der antiisraelischen BDS-Bewegung? Also insbesondere von Künstlern, die aus politischen Gründen nicht in Israel auftreten?

Morrissey: Ich bin dagegen. Wenn ich in Russland spiele, singe ich nicht für Putin. Ich singe für die Leute da. Es ist absurd und engstirnig. Politisch korrekt zu sein ist inkorrekt. Es ist absurd. Es bedeutet, die Redefreiheit zu verbieten. So klingt die BDS-Bewegung für mich.

SPIEGEL: Sie setzen sich seit Jahrzehnten für Tierrechte ein. Wenn es in Ihrer Hand läge, was würden Sie ändern?

Morrissey: Ich würde das Schlachthaus verbieten. Ich war noch nie in meinem Leben wählen. Ich habe noch nie meine Stimme für irgendeine politische Partei abgegeben. Ich hebe meine Stimme für die Partei auf, die das Schlachthaus abschafft. Tiere sollten frei geboren werden und ihr Leben leben dürfen. Sie sollten nicht als Sklaven geboren werden. Ich verstehe nicht, warum irgendwer glaubt, Tiere verdienten es, zerhackt zu werden. Wenn du erlaubst, dass das Schlachthaus weiterhin existiert, sagst du: Der Holocaust ist großartig. Auschwitz war fantastisch. Lasst uns damit weitermachen. Es ist exakt dasselbe. Wenn du mir nicht glaubst, geh in ein Schlachthaus.

SPIEGEL: Da wir hier in Hollywood sind: Haben Sie die Debatten um Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey und #MeToo verfolgt?

Morrissey: Bis zu einem gewissen Punkt, ja, aber dann wurde es zu einem Theaterstück. Auf einmal sind alle schuldig. Jeder, der mal zu jemand anderem gesagt hat "Ich mag dich", wird auf einmal wegen sexueller Belästigung beschuldigt. Man muss diese Dinge in die richtigen Relationen setzen. Wenn ich jemandem nicht mehr sagen kann, dass ich ihn mag, wie soll er es jemals wissen? Natürlich gibt es extreme Fälle, Vergewaltigung ist ekelhaft, jeder physische Angriff ist abstoßend. Aber wir müssen es im Verhältnis sehen. Sonst ist jeder Mensch auf diesem Planeten schuldig. Wir können nicht permanent von oben herab entscheiden, was man tun darf und was nicht. Denn dann sitzen wir alle in der Falle. Manche Menschen sind ohnehin schon sehr ungeschickt, wenn es um Romantik geht. Sie wissen nicht, was sie tun sollen, und dann wirkt ihr Verhalten aggressiv.

SPIEGEL: Was halten Sie davon, dass Spacey, eine der Hauptfiguren in einem Film, kurz vor dem Starttermin ersetzt wird?

Morrissey: Das finde ich lächerlich. Soweit ich weiß, war er mit einem 14-Jährigen in einem Schlafzimmer. Kevin Spacey war 26, der Junge 14. Da fragt man sich doch, wo die Eltern des Jungen waren. Man fragt sich, ob der Junge nicht ahnte, was passieren könnte. Ich weiß nicht, wie es bei Ihnen ist, aber ich war in meiner Jugend niemals in Situationen wie dieser. Nie. Mir war immer klar, was passieren könnte. Wenn man sich im Schlafzimmer von jemandem befindet, muss man sich bewusst sein, wohin das führen kann. Darum klingt das alles für mich nicht sehr glaubwürdig. Mir scheint es so, als sei Spacey unnötig attackiert worden.

SPIEGEL: Soll das auch für die Schauspielerinnen gelten, die mit Weinstein ins Hotelzimmer gingen?

Morrissey: Die Leute wissen genau, was passiert. Und sie spielen mit. Hinterher ist es ihnen peinlich, oder es gefiel ihnen nicht. Und dann drehen sie es um und sagen: Ich wurde attackiert, ich wurde überrascht, ich wurde in das Zimmer gezerrt. Aber wäre alles gut gelaufen und hätte es ihnen eine große Karriere ermöglicht, würden sie nicht darüber reden. Ich hasse Vergewaltigungen. Ich hasse Übergriffe. Ich hasse sexuelle Situationen, die jemandem aufgezwungen werden. Aber in sehr vielen Fällen betrachtet man die Umstände und denkt sich, dass die Person, die als Opfer bezeichnet wird, lediglich enttäuscht ist. In der gesamten Geschichte der Musik und des Rock 'n' Roll gab es Musiker, die mit ihren Groupies geschlafen haben. Wenn man die Geschichte durchgeht, ist fast jeder schuldig, mit Minderjährigen geschlafen zu haben. Warum nicht gleich alle ins Gefängnis werfen?

SPIEGEL: David Bowie hat laut Aussage der Betroffenen eine 15-Jährige entjungfert. Auch das eine Bagatelle?

Morrissey: Das war damals absolut üblich.

SPIEGEL: Waren Sie je in solch einer Situation?

Morrissey: Nein.

SPIEGEL: Weder auf der einen noch auf der anderen Seite?

Morrissey: Nein. Niemals, niemals, niemals.

SPIEGEL: Ist Provokation ein wichtiges Element Ihrer Kunst?

Morrissey: Was ist Provokation? Stimulation?

SPIEGEL: Sagen Sie manche der provokanteren Dinge nur, um sich gegen bestimmte Strömungen in der derzeit allgemeinen Weltanschauung zu stellen?

"Das politische Leben fällt überall auseinander. In gewissem Sinne freut mich das."
Morrissey: Ja, ich meine, man muss die Debatte öffnen. Genauso wie man Israel nicht boykottieren sollte. Man muss sich zusammensetzen und den Menschen zuhören. Man kann nicht sagen, ich hör dir nicht zu, du bist nicht meiner Meinung, also hast du unrecht. Das ist auch das Problem mit einem großen Teil der britischen Presse. Sie reden gern mit mir, aber dann drucken sie ein Interview, in dem sie eben nicht schreiben, was ich gesagt habe. Das ist falsch, denn es ist meine moralische Sicht, nicht ihre. Provokation ist ein zu starkes Wort, aber ich bin für Klartext.

SPIEGEL: Was ist die letzte Lüge über Sie?

Morrissey: Dass "Jacky" ein Song über den Brexit wäre. Aber so ist die britische Presse. Das ist die "Loony Left", die verrückte Linke, die sind so extrem. Sie sind inzwischen wie das "Dritte Reich". Sie lassen sich nicht beeinflussen, und man darf keine andere Meinung mehr haben. Es ist sehr, sehr langweilig, und es ist ziemlich gefährlich. Die Menschen sind heute besessen davon, wo sie politisch stehen. Sie sind engstirnig. Seien es die Rechten oder die Linken. Ich bin nicht politisch, ich bin apolitisch, aber ich bin ein menschliches Wesen, das in der jetzigen Welt existiert. Alles, was wir tun, hat auch mit Politik zu tun. Aber wie gesagt, ich habe noch nie in meinem Leben irgendeine Partei gewählt.

SPIEGEL: Ja, das sagten Sie.

Morrissey: Theresa May ist absurd. Donald Trump ist absurd. Sie haben keinen Sinn dafür, wie man Menschen führt. Wenn sie sprechen oder dich ansehen, weißt du, sie haben keine Ahnung davon. Theresa May hat keine Ahnung, was sie tun soll. Es ist sehr traurig. Das politische Leben fällt überall auf der Welt auseinander. In gewissem Sinne freut mich das, denn schon die Idee von Präsidenten und Ministerpräsidenten erscheint mir extrem altmodisch. Die Vorstellung, dass eine einzige Person, sei es eine Vater- oder eine Mutterfigur, uns vor allem Übel rettet, ist ziemlich absurd.

SPIEGEL: Sie meinen, die Welt geht gerade durch die Pubertät?

Morrissey: Ja! Die Menschen sind das Establishment leid. Alle sind müde. Wir glauben niemandem mehr. Wir glauben nicht mehr an die alten Machtstrukturen. Die Armen bleiben arm, egal was passiert. Die Militarisierung der Welt ist überholt, sie funktioniert nicht. Wenn wir also politische Figuren sehen, die nach politischen Figuren der Fünfziger modelliert sind, mit Krawatte, schönen Schuhen und gutem Anzug, dann ist es ein sehr altmodisches Prinzip. So ist die Welt nicht. Es gibt immer mehr Menschen wie mich auf der Welt, wir sind viele. Wir wollen das nicht mehr, weil es uns unglücklich macht. Es ist vorbei.

SPIEGEL: Was ist die Rolle der Musik in dieser Konstellation?

Morrissey: Musik ist das absolut Wichtigste. Der Schlüssel zum Überleben. Musik wird jetzt zensiert, sie wird kontrolliert, damit sie nur noch Unterhaltung ist. Trotzdem werden alle, die etwas zu sagen haben, einen Weg finden, das zu tun. Musik ist unser einziger Freund.

SPIEGEL: Was denken Sie über die Situation in Deutschland?

Morrissey: Jede Sekunde, die ich je in Deutschland verbracht habe, war mir ein Privileg. Deutschland war mir ein Freund. Ich bin nicht besonders begeistert von der EU, aber das ist nicht wichtig. Ich will jedoch kein Teil eines deutschen Imperiums sein. Und ich denke nicht, dass England Teil eines deutschen Imperiums sein sollte.

SPIEGEL: Sie halten die EU für ein deutsches Imperium?

Morrissey: Ja. Und so denken viele Menschen. Vielleicht ist das der Grund, warum die Menschen für den Brexit gestimmt haben. England konnte keine Entscheidungen mehr treffen, ohne sich an Deutschland zu wenden.

SPIEGEL: Also denken Sie, Angela Merkel ist die Mutter Europas?

Morrissey: Nun, sie ist klug genug, nicht viel zu sagen. Sie bleibt still, was sehr interessant ist. Aber ich bin traurig, dass Berlin die Vergewaltigungshauptstadt geworden ist.

SPIEGEL: Die was? Hauptstadt der Vergewaltigung?

Morrissey: Ja, ja! Wegen der offenen Grenzen. Viele Menschen denken, es war ein Fehler von Angela Merkel, dass sie am Anfang sagte: "Kommt, kommt alle her!" Und dann: "Huch, huch, doch nicht!"

SPIEGEL: Sie sind also dagegen, Flüchtlinge aufzunehmen?

Morrissey: Okay, reden wir über den Multikulturalismus. Ich will, dass Deutschland deutsch ist. Ich will, dass Frankreich französisch ist. Wenn man versucht, alles multikulturell zu machen, hat man am Ende gar keine Kultur mehr. Alle europäischen Länder haben viele, viele Jahre für ihre Identität gekämpft. Und jetzt werfen sie sie einfach weg. Ich finde das traurig.

SPIEGEL: Aber Sie leben in den USA, die in ihrer jetzigen Form entstanden sind, weil Menschen von überallher kamen.

Morrissey: Jedes einzelne Land hat seine Geschichte von Revolutionen und Befreiung. Andere Länder haben nicht deine Geschichte. Es ist nicht einfach, das zu verbinden. Wenn Menschen einwandern, bringen sie ihre Religion und ihre Sitten mit und versuchen, die zu etablieren. Und da beginnt die Verwirrung.

SPIEGEL: Also sagen Sie, jeder sollte bleiben, wo er ist?

Morrissey: (lacht laut) Nein. Aber ich denke, jedes Land sollte seine Identität bewahren. Millionen Menschen sind für die deutsche Identität gestorben. Wenn Sie meinen, sie hätten Respekt verdient, dann müssen Sie ihr Land beschützen.

SPIEGEL: Mr Morrissey, wir danken Ihnen für dieses Gespräch.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom