Morrissey interview + Polaroid photo in German Spiegel magazine

"Ich bin für Klartext" - Spiegel Online

(Excerpt before paywall via Google Translate)

Morrissey's worldview "I'm for plain text"

"Morrissey praises the Brexit referendum, defends Kevin Spacey and calls Berlin a "rape capital" because of its open borders. seriously?"

Whether the Briton Steven Patrick Morrissey, 58, a musician just Morrissey calls, now Genius is or Schrat, self-actor or choleric poet, will probably never settle final. Certainly the man from Manchester, who became famous in the eighties as a singer of pop band The Smiths, is a great eccentric of pop. Whether concert or interview, he maintains the pose of the diva. The meeting took place on the occasion of his new album "Low in High School" in Los Angeles; It was arranged at very short notice and then postponed several times, domination gestures want to be maintained. After all, Morrissey is ready to talk. However, the photographer is referred by one of his managers rude of the room: "Get out of my hotel!" The Polaroid photo was taken by the interviewer.

An interview with Juliane Liebert

41404_morrissey-spiegel.jpg

SPIEGEL: Mr Morrissey, in your new song "Spent the Day in Bed", you recommend that you no longer see any news. A serious proposal?

Morrissey: Yes. People should stop doing so for their own sanity. You have to stop. The news is just social engineering, and it's about control, not information. There are no more messages. Only control.

SPIEGEL: That sounds like Trump's fake news, but you just spoke out against Trump at a concert.

Morrissey: Trump has received so much attention, especially when compared to other candidates - Bernie Sanders, for example. Although the media said he will not win, every day, all the headlines: Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump! The American media helped Trump, yes, they first created it. Whether they criticize him or laugh at him, he does not care, he just wants to see his picture and his name. The American media have shot themselves in the leg. Since he was in power, he has exhausted the world. He grabs after everything like a little child. He is not a leader. He is a vermin. A huge vermin.

SPIEGEL: Do you think that he will be re-elected?

Full transcript (Google Translate to English), original German text posted by Cornflakes

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
If the people are happy with mass immigration (their decision) fine, but when the politicians decide for us and impose it on us without our consent, then I have a BIG problem.
But how can people (who likely were born of immigrants themselves) go "f*** off! All full! Try Scotland."
The world is far too small now. We are at a point where we will either learn to get along somehow, or kill ourselves off in the process. I'm sorry, but "identity" is a thing with limited time with our relatively newfound global mobility. It's tricky, and I don't propose to have any solutions, but it's already happening and struggling against it won't do any good. I live in America, but I don't hold the American values very dear, or even feel "American" by anything other than cosmic coincidence. I'm here because of a squirt of sperm, and an egg, and I don't find the fact that it happened here to be of great significance.

But how can people (who likely were born of immigrants themselves) go "f*** off! All full! Try Scotland."
The world is far too small now. We are at a point where we will either learn to get along somehow, or kill ourselves off in the process. I'm sorry, but "identity" is a thing with limited time with our relatively newfound global mobility. It's tricky, and I don't propose to have any solutions, but it's already happening and struggling against it won't do any good. I live in America, but I don't hold the American values very dear, or even feel "American" by anything other than cosmic coincidence. I'm here because of a squirt of sperm, and an egg, and I don't find the fact that it happened here to be of great significance.

I think this issue has been brewing for a long time and coupled with politicians not listening to the people, which has obviously made things worse. The lack of integration, and now seeing the effects of it, are what I believe has pushed people to where we are now (UK)

Old news at this point

Thanks, just searched. I hadn't even looked through the poloroid thread. I didn't realized this statement was one of many that are ...... eh nevermind

When someone told me about it, I was just shocked as I saw it as blaming an under age boy for what actions an adult did. That is not the way I see the world

Mod can delete as it has been brought up already.

I think this issue has been brewing for a long time and coupled with politicians not listening to the people, which has obviously made things worse. The lack of integration, and now seeing the effects of it, are what I believe has pushed people to where we are now (UK)
I get it. And I get that you've experienced attacks more often than we have. It comes down to mistrust, and a lack of dialogue. I don't claim to know the end result. I can only speak to my experience in seeing changes brought by immigration on a local scale. But to expect politicians to listen to the people? I think world peace will break out before that happens.

I get it. And I get that you've experienced attacks more often than we have. It comes down to mistrust, and a lack of dialogue. I don't claim to know the end result. I can only speak to my experience in seeing changes brought by immigration on a local scale. But to expect politicians to listen to the people? I think world peace will break out before that happens.

I would say the lack of integration is one of the many reasons for the Islamic terror attacks here.

But to expect politicians to listen to the people? I think world peace will break out before that happens - Yes exactly.

I'm saying this from a purely local perspective, and my town is quite smaller than the UK, so I am using it as a microcosm in this example. My town went from 80,000 to nearly 300,000 from then to now, so yes, I feel much more crowded now, and the green spaces are growing smaller by the year as the entire place turns to one huge strip mall housing project sprawl.

I'm not saying it was without growing pains. I've heard the argument that "Mexicans are taking our jobs! Ruining our schools! Bringing drugs and crime!" Plenty. PLENTY. What I'm saying, is that with time, it becomes normal, and the racists and fear-mongers grow old, die off, and are replaced by more progressive thinking. The trap in aging is that so many get poisoned by their own nostalgia of what a place is, or means. It's something different to everybody, and change is scary for some. It seems like Morrissey yearns for a past that is disappearing, where everybody can be comfortably fit into categories and places. But if he were returned to the England of his youth, he'd probably think it's shit. With or without all of those pesky immigrants destroying the English identity. Nostalgia is a dangerous thing when it comes to how a person relates to the world around them.
there is nothing wrong with immigration, but do i want the country bursting? no. nothing wrong with having a bit of open space.

I always have to take into account the things I'm not getting from a printed interview. Body language, vocal intonations, a smirk, a smile, all of those little things that provide as much insight as the words themselves. I much prefer filmed interviews. Someone needs to make a documentary on him. He's at that stage in his career where it could be fascinating.

yes agree. And as here, google translate doesn't help in that department. Though this is a good one, face to face, good questions and good answers ( in his way).

How do you know that it was played down? I'm not saying it was or it wasn't, but how is it you know?

At the night it happened I watched all kind of tv channels of German television. And later there after I tried to follow the reports of it in all kind of news.
It was chaos as I completely understand
it was cause until that time nothing of that has happened before. Nobody could believe it, me neither.

And nobody in Germany could understand either cause they thought especially fugitives coming from war zones and very poor, violent countries in Africa would be glad to live in a peaceful and democratic country where thwy could live peacefully and not dying of hunger and had a chance to just live.

So I can understand why authorities were being cautious about it, due to the many people out on the streets having a party, drinking etcetera etcetera.

But I saw some of the rape victims who were brave enough to appear on tv testifying about it.

Many of the girls and women that were raped were very scared cause when it all happened the police was nowhere.

And this all happened in one of the most civilised, wealthy and best organised and democratic countries of the world.

hey y'all,

before getting it wrong. germany (yes, prononounced by angela merkel, but most germans backed her) offered asylum to mostly syrian refugees, people who are neither seeking to destroy western culture but were looking for a safe place, where they were neither threatened by Assad nor ISIS. for sure, there were some bad apples in there, but how exactly do you exclude them by 100%. how do you know? the worst terrorist attacks or amok attacks were commited by germans. so, what's your suggestion, haters?

At the night it happened I watched all kind of tv channels of German television. And later there after I tried to follow the reports of it in all kind of news.
It was chaos as I completely understand
it was cause until that time nothing of that has happened before. Nobody could believe it, me neither.

And nobody in Germany could understand either cause they thought especially fugitives coming from war zones and very poor, violent countries in Africa would be glad to live in a peaceful and democratic country where thwy could live peacefully and not dying of hunger and had a chance to just live.

So I can understand why authorities were being cautious about it, due to the many people out on the streets having a party, drinking etcetera etcetera.

But I saw some of the rape victims who were brave enough to appear on tv testifying about it.

Many of the girls and women that were raped were very scared cause when it all happened the police was nowhere.

And this all happened in one of the most civilised, wealthy and best organised and democratic countries of the world.

You're answering a question I did't ask, Quando. My generally impression of the Cologne New Years Eve thing is that it was initially highly sensationalised and gave a very different picture of what happened to the likely reality (not that the reality was pleasant). But you seem to think the opposite - that what happened was actually played down and was in reality more serious than people think. So, my question is: where do you get this impression from?

He says when you're in someone's bedroom you know what can happen which is directly saying the child is equal to Spacey and had no reason to be surprised when Spacey attempted to rape him.
Everyone knew where he was going. Not to an orgy. Not to be raped. To a party with some people in the business he is in. Kevin Spacey's history shows it was all planned. Sexual predators choose their victims carefully. The boy was alone, in the business, and he had the sort of personality that meant that he left and told no one.
Some people like to help younger people who they share interests with. Kevin Spacey's intentions inviting a younger coworker to a dinner party weren't so obviously suspicious. He might have been a decent guy who saw that the kid had talent and he might have felt that it was an honor to be in the position to help such a person. It really is. Working with young people, treating them with respect and trying to help them is really rewarding. It's very provincial to think that a teenage boy can't go to a dinner party, especially when he is already a working professional actor in a competitive and unconventional business. And he did have the courage to say no and to get out of there and get home. It is ridiculous and ignorant to blame anyone for what happened there other than the person who committed the sexual assault.

He was NOT a teenage boy but a child of 14 yrs old.
He could look older and made an impression of being in for all kind of things and that CAN be misleading.

The competitive and professional business should NOT be dealing with a child of 14 yrs old, or only under complete guidance of the parents or one of them. Meaning they are there and protecting him.

Provincial?
Possibly, you can name it whatever you like as long as a child is being protected from a horrible experience at such a young age, if what he is saying now is completely true.

Everybody knows that Africa leads the pack. They have for years. Berlin... They lead the world in Leather Bars perhaps. Hopefully they have a pleather bar for those who would rather not hurt the cow.
:straightface:

The UN being a very objective source in this case LOL. They probably consider rape by a Muslim a religious ceremony. LOL

My mind immediately went to this incident too. It was reportedly an organized attack by 1,000 Muslim immigrants.

I'm confused, are we now saying the many sexual attacks in Cologne one New Year's Eve, reportedly by immigrants, did not actually happen after all? No one believes most Muslims are terrorists or rapists but there is a problem in many areas of the UK too.

You're answering a question I did't ask, Quando. My generally impression of the Cologne New Years Eve thing is that it was initially highly sensationalised and gave a very different picture of what happened to the likely reality (not that the reality was pleasant). But you seem to think the opposite - that what happened was actually played down and was in reality more serious than people think. So, my question is: where do you get this impression from?

But I told you, just like you gave yours?
From watching the tv news. Before Moz told us I shouldn’t, on which I must say, he has a point. :rolleyes:

I have to conclude that everybody gets a different impression from it.

I can’t post any links of it and you can say I have no proof. That is correct.

I agree that there was a lot of sensational and misleading information being splattered around on social media and although I don’t trust that info, I can’t for sure say it didn’t influence my impression.

I just saw a few of the testimonies of the girls and women who were victims on German tv.
I felt really bad and miserable.

I would say the lack of integration is one of the many reasons for the Islamic terror attacks here.

But to expect politicians to listen to the people? I think world peace will break out before that happens - Yes exactly.
I'd say fanatical assholes are the reason for terror attacks. Don't worry. We have fanatical Christians shooting each other up in greater numbers all the time, but the nice mexican lady who doesn't talk to anybody on our street and puts up Christmas lights in the shape of a cross right about this time of year hasn't hurt a fly, so I can't suspect that all immigrants whose religious beliefs I don't share want to do me harm.

:straightface:

The UN being a very objective source in this case LOL. They probably consider rape by a Muslim a religious ceremony. LOL
This attitude doesn't merit a response, but here I am, responding. There are some wonderful Muslims on this planet, and your statement says far more about you than them.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom