Morrissey interview + Polaroid photo in German Spiegel magazine

"Ich bin für Klartext" - Spiegel Online

(Excerpt before paywall via Google Translate)

Morrissey's worldview "I'm for plain text"

"Morrissey praises the Brexit referendum, defends Kevin Spacey and calls Berlin a "rape capital" because of its open borders. seriously?"

Whether the Briton Steven Patrick Morrissey, 58, a musician just Morrissey calls, now Genius is or Schrat, self-actor or choleric poet, will probably never settle final. Certainly the man from Manchester, who became famous in the eighties as a singer of pop band The Smiths, is a great eccentric of pop. Whether concert or interview, he maintains the pose of the diva. The meeting took place on the occasion of his new album "Low in High School" in Los Angeles; It was arranged at very short notice and then postponed several times, domination gestures want to be maintained. After all, Morrissey is ready to talk. However, the photographer is referred by one of his managers rude of the room: "Get out of my hotel!" The Polaroid photo was taken by the interviewer.

An interview with Juliane Liebert

41404_morrissey-spiegel.jpg

SPIEGEL: Mr Morrissey, in your new song "Spent the Day in Bed", you recommend that you no longer see any news. A serious proposal?

Morrissey: Yes. People should stop doing so for their own sanity. You have to stop. The news is just social engineering, and it's about control, not information. There are no more messages. Only control.

SPIEGEL: That sounds like Trump's fake news, but you just spoke out against Trump at a concert.

Morrissey: Trump has received so much attention, especially when compared to other candidates - Bernie Sanders, for example. Although the media said he will not win, every day, all the headlines: Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump! The American media helped Trump, yes, they first created it. Whether they criticize him or laugh at him, he does not care, he just wants to see his picture and his name. The American media have shot themselves in the leg. Since he was in power, he has exhausted the world. He grabs after everything like a little child. He is not a leader. He is a vermin. A huge vermin.

SPIEGEL: Do you think that he will be re-elected?

Full transcript (Google Translate to English), original German text posted by Cornflakes

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. Can you help me? I'm looking for a singer named Morrissey. He was this sweet guy who wrote great songs and gave these really great interviews that made me laugh out loud in public places.

I don't know who this person is featured in this article. Obviously, he is someone not very sophisticated; actually very "common" in his views. He sounds like a bit of a Nazi who's anti-refugee and perhaps even a pedophile-lover to boot.

Children have a right to be loved and protected, too; not just animals. It's not unheard of for a sexual predator to pose as a bus driver; a teacher or in the case of Kevin Spacey, a "family friend". Under modern law, children cannot consent to sexual relations with an adult (how's that for Plain Text); "blaming the victim" which was a common tactic for centuries only just perpetuates this kind of behavior to flourish; that kind of mentality is just not accepted in the Modern Age with most people.

Gloria Steinem once said that, "Women get more radical with age, while men get more conservative" and I think that's what exactly happened to Morrissey. He's simply forsaken his feminist heroes for this Old White Male privilege mentality, only to the very extreme. He seems to take the attitude of certain people should be allowed to be "above the law" because of their talent or their wealth.

I like to think the Morrissey I once loved may have been the victim of alien abduction, but I fear he has been somehow been abducted instead by xenophobia (which has taken Europe by storm) hatred of all that is decent, and just filled with general misinformationski. No matter how much you try to ignore it, it doesn't help promote a mediocre album or more importantly, even add to the hope of humanity.

Good luck what's left of your career, Morrissey. You've appeared naked in my dreams and all I see standing in front of me is an ugly, ugly man.

Whatever. Your career will be over before Morrissey hangs up the mic.

His comments have been picked by a number of online newspapers, whats interesting are the responses in the comments sections. At a guess 50% agree with what he has said?

If Morrissey is fine with recruiting those people as 'fans' and discarding those who find his latest outburst unacceptable then that's fine. He is now a laughing stock as well as a figure of contempt amongst a large section of online opinion.

If Morrissey is fine with recruiting those people as 'fans' and discarding those who find his latest outburst unacceptable then that's fine. He is now a laughing stock as well as a figure of contempt amongst a large section of online opinion.

He always has been though. I agree with you regarding Spacey probably done what is claimed but Morrissey's question on the parents piece is also relevant. I have a 14 year old daughter and I know where she is at all times.

He always has been though. I agree with you regarding Spacey probably done what is claimed but Morrissey's question on the parents piece is also relevant. I have a 14 year old daughter and I know where she is at all times.

What about 14 years olds who haven't got responsible parents? Should their parent's failings be an excuse to abandon their kids to predators?!!! Not everybody is lucky enough to have parents who protect them.

=
What about 14 years olds who haven't got responsible parents? Should their parent's failings be an excuse to abandon their kids to predators?!!! Not everybody is lucky enough to have parents who protect them.

Fair point, don't know anything about the guys parents.

Regarding the Spacey issue: things don't look too good for him (boo-hoo such a shame. Not); however, as of yet, the guy has not even been arrested nor faced these accusations in court, so until he has and the appropriate decision reached (ie. guilty or not guilty) then I will hold off the Trial by Media and Social Media. Whatever the outcome, his career is all but finished. (Personally, I thought him an overrated actor anyway).

Regarding the music industry aspect: from the 50's onwards, stories about teenage groupies and their (willing and consensual) encounters with all manner of rock groups and artists have always been around, to the point where they've now become almost a cliche in themselves. As much as the drug taking and the wrecking of hotels and other such escapades. How much of it was/is true or just fantasy/wish-fulfillment by the groupie(s) concerned is not certain (nor will ever be).
Either way, one can take it with a pinch of salt (other white powders available too) or at face value. Answers please on a postcard to '2017 - More Concerned About The Future To Be Honest'.

Finally, regarding latter-day Morrissey himself and all these recent fruitcake interviews and provocations: death by career suicide or a performance of staggering brilliance to wind people up? I still can't decide. Either way, I'm loving every moment.

Bloody hell.

First of all, thank you Cornflakes for providing the original German so I could check the source text (which itself is a translation, I'm aware of that, but I also trust that a major German publication such as der Spiegel can translate English into German properly).

I know Morrissey has a taste for controversy, always had, and in that respect 2017 is no different from 1984. But I've said it before and I'll say it again -- he has not aged gracefully, he has turned into Brigitte Bardot. One cause célèbre (incidentally the same, viz. animal rights) irreparably marred by misanthropy, a blinkered worldview and conservatism/nationalism to make your brain curdle.

I visit this site ever now and then to check the news, especially surrounding new releases. I truly enjoyed the TQID box set and even like the two new singles. But to me, the Morrissey that helped me through adolescence and early adulthood (TQID first album I bought, "Panic" second single I bought) is irretrievably gone. Last album where I didn't have that cringe was Southpaw (Maladjusted I never took a liking to, harmless though it was), because every single album after that wilderness period has at least two/three tracks that truly spoil them for me.

It makes me sad and confused, because how could the sarcastic-yet-shy-yet-humorous person who wrote "I Know It's Over" also write mean-spirited, artless drivel such as Crashing Bores/Protect Us from the Police/Bengali in Platforms/Bride down the Aisle etc. etc.?

Last edited:
Hi. Can you help me? I'm looking for a singer named Morrissey. He was this sweet guy who wrote great songs and gave these really great interviews that made me laugh out loud in public places.

I don't know who this person is featured in this article. Obviously, he is someone not very sophisticated; actually very "common" in his views. He sounds like a bit of a Nazi who's anti-refugee and perhaps even a pedophile-lover to boot.

Children have a right to be loved and protected, too; not just animals. It's not unheard of for a sexual predator to pose as a bus driver; a teacher or in the case of Kevin Spacey, a "family friend". Under modern law, children cannot consent to sexual relations with an adult (how's that for Plain Text); "blaming the victim" which was a common tactic for centuries only just perpetuates this kind of behavior to flourish; that kind of mentality is just not accepted in the Modern Age with most people.

Gloria Steinem once said that, "Women get more radical with age, while men get more conservative" and I think that's what exactly happened to Morrissey. He's simply forsaken his feminist heroes for this Old White Male privilege mentality, only to the very extreme. He seems to take the attitude of certain people should be allowed to be "above the law" because of their talent or their wealth.

I like to think the Morrissey I once loved may have been the victim of alien abduction, but I fear he has been somehow been abducted instead by xenophobia (which has taken Europe by storm) hatred of all that is decent, and just filled with general misinformationski. No matter how much you try to ignore it, it doesn't help promote a mediocre album or more importantly, even add to the hope of humanity.

Good luck what's left of your career, Morrissey. You've appeared naked in my dreams and all I see standing in front of me is an ugly, ugly man.

What nonsense. Moz has always been angry - see 'Nowhere Fast' for example. And you clearly live in a nice little world where everything is all black and white and where 'children' are 'children' and 'adults' are 'adults' and never the twain...But we don't live in a nice world. Human sexuality exists in the grey. Most police forces wouldn't prosecute two 14 year olds for having sex. But at what age should they? A 14 year old and a 16 year old? A 14 year old and an 18 year old? If 18 is the age you would prosecute, would you not prosecute someone who was 17 but 18 next week? And are all 14 year olds the same? What about a 14 year old who is already a mother for example? What about a 14 year old who has been arrested for prostitution? Go on living in your black and white world...I never thought the Smiths (or Moz) were 'nice'.

Good news for anyone going to see Moz on his current tour! It is now much more likely that he will play "Bigmouth"! (From the silver linings department).

p.s. There's no argument: Morrissey has become a hateful reptile...

What nonsense. Moz has always been angry - see 'Nowhere Fast' for example. And you clearly live in a nice little world where everything is all black and white and where 'children' are 'children' and 'adults' are 'adults' and never the twain...But we don't live in a nice world. Human sexuality exists in the grey. Most police forces wouldn't prosecute two 14 year olds for having sex. But at what age should they? A 14 year old and a 16 year old? A 14 year old and an 18 year old? If 18 is the age you would prosecute, would you not prosecute someone who was 17 but 18 next week? And are all 14 year olds the same? What about a 14 year old who is already a mother for example? What about a 14 year old who has been arrested for prostitution? Go on living in your black and white world...I never thought the Smiths (or Moz) were 'nice'.
I think it's exactly what Morrissey was trying to say talking about parents, in fact a 24 years boy who is out late night with people older than him is obviously not a typical teen age boy, Rapp started to play as an actor very very young, and his parents were the typical hipster from the NYC Village, so all his environment was very very different from the normal lifestyle of a teen age boy in the high school. By now Rapp is a decent professional actor, but not yet an Oscar Prize and I think he could be a little bit vindictive with an old friend... just for a coincidence there is a comedy drama, and Rapp played in that comedy, named Preciuos Sons, a father comes back home cempletely drunk, falls on the bed where his son is sleeping and does some avances because he's too drunk to recognize his son, just a coincidence.

Guilty until proven innocent. Unless you’re part of a rape mob and follow a 9th century rapist named Mohammed. The phony virtue signaling lefties will then shower you with compassion and empathy. Build walls not barriers.

'Low In High School' hidden CD tracks: 'Boy Spacey' & 'Kid's A Looker'

The criminal investigation into Kevin Spacey's alleged groping of a recent high school graduate in the summer of 2016 appears to be one step closer to resulting in formal charges against the actor.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...in-Spacey-accuser-s-lawyer.html#ixzz4z14ngQll
Oh Bibi, do you like this "fishy" story? I like it to, expecially the part where the boy lied about his age for drinking, he was eighteen, but he said he was twenty one, and, as his mum told in a press conference drink, after drink, after drink, drunk... I do hope they go to a court talking to a judge about the memories of a drunk boy about a fact happened more than one year ago, so the judge could start a proper Limerick Nuntucket... do you know it? They're funny! I love new Morrissey's album, this is the most important fact of the day. Take care.

Read the interview. Its always been pretty clear he isn't racist (except to the idiots). His issue has always been the erosion of national identity (of any nation). He is suggesting that multi-culturalism doesn't work, because one culture tends to dominate over another. His politics are perfectly reasonable and well thought out.
"Perfectly reasonable and well thought out"? Are you absolutely sure?

Oh yeah, the Daily Mail. A credible source if ever there was one. And the Telegraph too. Tory shitrag. Plus the Gatestone Institute is a xenophobic right wing think tank. So you post three right wing piles of shit as 'evidence'. Well done.

Via Google translate....some seriously nutso stuff here...

Whether the Briton Steven Patrick Morrissey, 58, who calls himself as a musician only Morrissey , now Genius or Schrat, self-starring or choleric poet, will probably never be clarified. Certainly the man from Manchester, who became famous in the eighties as a singer of the pop band The Smiths, a great eccentric of pop. Whether concert or interview, he maintains the pose of the diva. The meeting took place on the occasion of his new album "Low in High School" in Los Angeles; It was arranged at very short notice and then postponed several times, domination gestures want to be maintained. After all, Morrissey is ready to talk. However, the photographer is referred by one of his managers rude of the room: "Get out of my hotel!" The Polaroid photo was taken by the interviewer.

SPIEGEL: Mr Morrissey, in your new song "Spent the Day in Bed", you recommend that you no longer see any news. A serious proposal?

Morrissey: Yes. People should stop doing so for their own sanity. You have to stop. The news is just social engineering, and it's about control, not information. There are no more messages. Only control.

SPIEGEL: That sounds like Trump's fake news, but you just spoke out against Trump at a concert.

Morrissey: Trump has received so much attention, especially when compared to other candidates - Bernie Sanders, for example. Although the media said he will not win, every day, all the headlines: Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump! The American media helped Trump, yes, they first created it. Whether they criticize him or laugh at him, he does not care, he just wants to see his picture and his name. The American media have shot themselves in the leg. Since he was in power, he has exhausted the world. He grabs after everything like a little child. He is not a leader. He is a vermin. A huge vermin.

SPIEGEL: Do you think that he will be re-elected?

Morrissey: I never expected him to be elected. I was also in LA during the attacks on the World Trade Center, and the city stood still. DEI humans were rigid with shock. No cars on the streets. It was the same atmosphere as the announcement of Trump's election. It was as if the world ended httte. Re-election? Maybe, I have no faith in the political elite anymore.

SPIEGEL: If there was a button here and if you pressed on it, Trump fell over dead - would you press it or not?

Morrissey: Wow for the safety of mankind. It has nothing to do with my personal opinion of his face or his family, but in the interest of humanity, I would like to speak.

SPIEGEL: From a German point of view, there were two events last year, of which people believe they would not enter. Trump and Brexit. But Brexit is your name, is that true?

Morrissey: That IS NOT TRUE. The outcome of the Brexit referendum fascinates me because it was a victory for democracy. The people said yes. Although Westminster said no. DEI political elite and the establishment have said no. No, no, no, we stay in the EU. And the public has ignored the media and decided for themselves, that's why Brexit is important to SEHr. He has been the greatest democratic victory in British history for many, many years. Whether or not Brexit is good is another matter, but I was very stubborn about the British ignoring the BBC, ignoring Sky News, who always said: If we leave the EU, we'll all die.

SPIEGEL: Is the song "Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage" actually a pro-Brexit song? It is said that Jacky stands for the Union Jack.

Morrissey: That IS the idiocy I have to live with. DEI journalists claim I would say something WHAT I DO NOT SAY. The song IS NOT political. That IS absolute nonsense, and they never apologize to mi. They just want to be negative.

SPIEGEL: Another song from the new album is called "The Girl from Tel-Aviv Who Would not Kneel", the girl who never kneels.

Morrissey: I love this city. The REST OF THE WORLD does not like Israel well. But the people THERE ARE GROOVY and friendly. MAN should never judge ONE PEOPLE AFTER his government. It is rare for the government to reflect the wishes of the people. Certainly not in England. Certainly not in America. Probably not in Germany.

SPIEGEL: What do you think about the anti-Israeli BDS movement? So in particular of artists who do not appear in Israel for political reasons?

Morrissey: I AM against it. When I play in Russia, I do not sing Fxr Putin. I sing for the people there. It is absurd and narrow-minded. Being politically correct IS incorrect. It IS absurd. It means forbidding the freedom of speech. This is how the BDS movement sounds to me.

SPIEGEL: You've been campaigning for animal rights for ten years. If it were in your hands, what would you change?

Morrissey: I would ban the slaughterhouse. I have never been in my life choosing. I have never cast my vote for any political party. I raise my voice for the party abolishing the slaughterhouse. Animals should be born free and live their lives. They should not be born slaves. I do not understand why anyone thinks animals deserve to be hacked. If you allow the slaughterhouse to continue, you say: The Holocaust is great. Auschwit though fantastic. Let us continue. It is exactly the same. If you do not believe me, go to a slaughterhouse.

SPIEGEL: Since we're here in Hollywood, have you followed the debates on Harvey S`qs`q, Kevin Spacey, and #MeToo?

Morrissey: Up to a point, yes BUT then it became a play. All at once ALL owe. Anyone who has ever said to someone else, "I like you," is suddenly being charged with sexual harassment. You have to put these things into the right relations. If I can not tell anyone that I like him, how would he ever know? Of course, there are extreme cases, rape is disgusting, any physical attack is repugnant. But we have to SEE it in proportion. Otherwise, every person on this planet is guilty. We can not decide permanently from above, WHAT TO DO AND WHAT NOT. Because then we are ALL in the trap. Some people are already awkward when it comes to romance. They do not know what to do and then their behavior is aggressive.

SPIEGEL: What do you think of Spacey, one of the main characters in a movie, replacing her with the launch date?

Morrissey: I think that's ridiculous. As far as I know, he was in a bedroom with a 14-year-old. Kevin Spacey was 26, boy 14. One wonders where the boy's parents were. One wonders if the boy did not know what would happen. I do not know about you but in my youth I have never been in situations like this. Never. I was always aware of what could happen. When you are in somebody's bedroom, you have to be aware of where that can lead to. That's why it does not sound very credible to me. It seems to me that Spacey has been unnecessarily attacked.

SPIEGEL: Is this also supposed to apply to the actresses who went to the hotel room with S'qs`q?

Morrissey: People know exactly what's going on. And they play along. Afterwards, they feel embarrassed or disliked. And then they turn it around and say: I was attacked, I was surprised, I was shattered into THE room. But if everything went well, and if it had given them a great career, they would not talk about it. I hate rape. I hate attacks. I hate sexual situations that are forced on someone. But in many cases one looks at the circumstances and thinks that the person who is considered a victim is merely disappointed. Throughout the history of music and rock 'n' roll there have been musicians who slept with their groupies. If you go through history, almost everyone is guilty of sleeping with minors. Why not throw everyone in jail at the same time?

SPIEGEL: David Bowie has deflowered a 15-year-old, according to the person concerned.

Morrissey: That was absolutely normal back then ...

SPIEGEL: Have you ever been in such a situation?

Morrissey: No. SPIEGEL: Neither on one side or the other?

Morrissey: No. Never, never, never.

SPIEGEL: Is provocation an important element of your art?

Morrissey: What is provocation? Stimulation?

SPIEGEL: Do you say some of the more provocative things just to stand against certain currents in the current general world view? "Political life is falling apart everywhere - in a sense, that makes me happy."

Morrissey: Yes, I mean, you have to open the debate. Just as one should not boycott Israel. You have to sit down and listen to people. You can not say I'm not listening, you're not in my opinion, BLSor are you wrong. This IS also the problem with a large part of the British press. They like to talk to me BUT then they print an interview in which they do not write WHAT I said. That's wrong, because it's my moral point of view, not theirs. Provocation is too strong a word, but I'm in plain language.

SPIEGEL: What's the last lie about you?

Morrissey: That "Jacky" would be a song about Brexit. But that's the British press. This is the "Loony Left", the crazy left, they are so extreme. They are in between like the "Third Reich". They can not be influenced, and one MUST have no other opinion Mier. It's VERY boring, and it's pretty dangerous. DEI people today are obsessed with where they are politically. They are narrow-minded. Be it the right ODE the left. I'm not political, I'm apolitical, but I'm a human being that exists in the world today. Everything we do has to do with politics. But as I said, I've never voted for any party in my life.

SPIEGEL: Yeah, that's what you said.

Morrissey: Theresa May IS absurd. Donald Trump IS absurd. They have no sense of how to lead people. When they talk about ODE you know YOU have no idea about it. Theresa May has no idea WHAT she SHOULD do. It's very sad . he political life is falling apart all over the world. In a sense, I am pleased that because already the idea of President and Prime Minister mi appears extremely old-fashioned. The idea that a single person, be it a father or a mother, saves us from all evil, is quite absurd.

SPIEGEL: You mean, the world is just going through puberty?

Morrissey: Yes! DEI people are sorry for the establishment. ALL are tired. We do not believe anyone else. We do not believe in the old power structures anymore. DEI poor stay ARM no matter WHAT happens. DEI Militarization THE world is outdated, IT is not working. So when we see political figures modeled after political figures of the fifties, with ties, beautiful shoes, and good suits, it's an old-fashioned principle. That's not how the world is. There are always more people like me in the world,

What is the role of music in this constellation?

Morrissey: Music IS THE MOST IMPORTANT. The key to survival. Music is now being censored, IT is controlled so that IT IS ONLY entertainment. Trot zdem will all those who have something to say, find a way, the z utun. Music is our one and only friend.

SPIEGEL: What do you think about the situation in Germany?

Morrissey: Every second I've ever spent in Germany was a privilege. Germany was a friend. I'm not very enthusiastic about the EU BUT that's not important. But I do not want to be part of a German empire. And I do not think England should be part of a German empire.

SPIEGEL: You think the EU is a German Empire? Morrissey: Yes. And so many people think. Maybe that's why people voted for Brexit. England could not make any more decisions without turning to Germany.

SPIEGEL: So you think Angela Merkel is the mother of Europe?

Morrissey: Nunsie is smart enough not to say much. She stays silent, which is very interesting. but I'm sad that Berlin has become the rape capital.

SPIEGEL: The what? Capital of the Rape?

Morrissey: Yes, yes1 Because of the open borders. Many people think it was a mistake of Angela Merkel, that she said in the beginning: "Come, come all here!" And then: "Yikes, yikes, but not!"
SPIEGEL: So you are against to take on fugitives?

Morrissey: Okay, let's talk about multiculturalism. I want THAT Germany is German. I want France to be French. If you try to make everything multicultural, you will not have any culture at the end of your meal. ALL European countries have fought for their identity for many, many years. And now they just throw it away. I think that's sad.

MIRROR: But they live in the US, which came into being in their current form because people came from everywhere.

Morrissey: Every single country has its history of revolutions and liberation. Other countries do not have your story. It is not easy to connect THAT. When people immigrate, they bring their religion and their customs with them and try to establish them. And there begins the confusion.

SPIEGEL: So you say everyone should stay where he is?

Morrissey: (laughs loudly) No. But I think every country should keep its identity. Millions of people have died for German identity. If you think you deserve respect, then you must protect your country. MIRROR: Mr. Morrissey, we thank you for this interview.

http://www.spiegel.de/spiegel/morri...nd-merkels-fluechtlingspolitik-a-1178545.html
This man

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom