Morrissey Live at Madison Square Garden, July 15, 2015 (full concert, 59:56) posted by Sam Esty Rayn

Last edited:
You cheese obsessed trolls, (or I suspect it's just Bummie hiding behind anonymous login trying to appear to be multiple people) have gone off the deep end. Nobody cares about your addled ranting but you. You're not entertaining. Look at your life. Same bizarre broken record of crazy chatter every day, multiple times per day. Nobody's biting, nobody's laughing, nobody cares. You're a pox on this site. If there's anything normal left inside you, let it out and park your nonsense once and for all. You have no sense of scope. You're like someone who has become obese but doesn't notice it because they see themselves in the mirror every day and the changes are gradual. You think this input into the site has some kind of value but every single person here would ignore you if davidt would force you to log in to post your drivel. If this hobby of yours ever had joke potential it long ago fell flat and rotted and has long since just stunk up the place. If you ever got generic troll satisfaction out of it, surely that too has expired at this point now that everyone has been sick to death of you for so long. Do you seriously have so little other satisfaction in life that this is what sustains you? You're the person at the family reunion who everyone else dreads seeing each year, but we keep going because we want to see the others. You're the homeless guy that everyone steers clear of, who is soaked in his own piss and rants incessantly to himself on the sidewalk. You're sad and pathetic.

davidt, seriously, please disable anonymous posting so we can be done with this and not be driven away by this infection. Creating an account is a minor barrier to people contributing, but when these permanent idiot squatters who drive users away are what come with anonymous posting, is it worth it? It's the only real Morrissey fan forum, but one that Morrissey fans can't stand because of the constant shower of lunatic poison from just one or a few nutcases? Give each person the tools to disinfect this experience if we choose and let this weirdo talk to his navel and pretend people can hear him.

you subscribed in june but carry on as if youve been here for years LOL
how many different usernames do you have?

So report specifically the original post that was so 'off-topic' and we'll take a look. There haven't been any reports like that in months.

Thanks for the feedback, but as you are anonymous and it's doubtful you can prove you actually have any experience running websites or show that your suggestions are worth listening to, it's pretty much useless.

Er... no, it's not. When a post is made that bears no relation to the topic of the thread, then the thread has gone off topic. It's the Benny-the-Bitch type posts that are de-railing threads, not the replies to them. The replies wouldn't be necessary of you excised the initial off-topic posts in the first place.

But hey dude, whatever, it's your website. No obligation on me to visit it, as you will no doubt point out - kind of seems like a pyrrhic victory to be winning debates that result in driving people away from your website.

Last edited:
I wonder if Sam understands how acronyms work? :straightface:

You may be new here, as your register date of June 2015 states. Anonymous posting has been addressed many times over the years, please take a look at the general site posting policy linked from the TOS. If you want to bring it up again, please start a new thread in the site feedback forum so this thread doesn't go further off-topic.

Off topic? Every single thread goes off topic because of these people - that's the whole point! My account is new because my old one(s) were so old I couldn't remember what they were, but I've visited on and off for years. I'm aware of the policy and the functionality, but the policy eats itself. There is a lot of great content posted by anonymous users, and if we adjust our individual settings to blanket ignore all anonymous posters, we lose all of that. So many of those same people would register if they had no other option, and would keep contributing their good input. But they don't have to, so they don't. And so your permatrolls take advantage of that.

Anyone who has anything anonymous to say about Morrissey for any reason can create an anonymous sockpuppet or throwaway easily enough as even your policy explains, so the value of anonymity is not lost by requiring them to register. It just gives the rest of us the ability to opt out of the worst and dominating feature of the site. I make use of the ignore function already and it makes such a difference. It just can't touch the coward(s) who specifically avoid registering to specifically make sure no one can ignore them.

But unwavering anonymous policy aside, how in the world do you otherwise allow this constant river of repellent assault? How does it add anything to your site? How does it do anything but detract from its value? New album? Cheese crankfraud, rote loopy character assassination. Public statement? Meat crankfraud, rote loopy character assassination. Post on TTY? Songwriting crankfraud, rote loopy character assassination. Over and over and over. If anyone is trying to have a conversation about anything, it will definitely get hijacked and placed on repeat. Doesn't matter what the topic is - every single front page thread goes off topic when these people apply their usual coating of feces to it and you let that go, so going off topic can't be too big of a concern. I'm willing to bet these people don't even actually care about Morrissey anymore and have just settled in to enjoy genric trollsport as a hobby in familiar surroundings.

I see that appeals to kill anonymous posting are DOA so I won't bother again, but I don't see how you otherwise let these people continue to go so far beyond the pale and drive users away from your site with unmistakeable trollery. Plenty of us are critical about this or that specific Morrissey thing, and that kind of critique and debate is worthwhile even if any one of us doesn't agree with it, but when generic opportunistic trollish abuse is someone's entire m.o., surely that's something different. Surely that's an abuse of the site. Surely there's a point past which it can't be mistaken for freethinking open discussion and differences of opinion. Broken record paint-fume cheese crankfraud pests all day every day? Baiting and spraying other users with this crap every day when they're trying to have normal Moz discussions? You're here more than anyone except them - how can you stand it?

This one person or few people have a huge negative effect and are the main reason to come here less and less, as so many have mentioned. I get it that you're fine to let everyone make their own choices in that regard, but why leave a toxic situation like this in place on a site you care enough about to maintain? Is any given principle so valuable that it's worth letting these people have such a disproportionate negative effect that users of goodwill leave and they stay and become the identity of the site?

Nobody is going to read something like this in the feedback forum because they're here instead where the daily asinine hijacking occurs, wearing everybody out. And you've made clear it's a dead issue for you, so I won't bother to start a feedback thread on this. And I won't bring it up again here since I actually care about the quality of content on the site and in its proper function. But I wanted you to know that I have appreciated this site over the years, I'm glad its here, I have appreciated your work, I'm dumbfounded and so impressed that you kept it going even in the face of Morrissey publicly targeting you personally, and I want good things for the site - better things than this unnecessarily noxious atmosphere that drags it down.

So you want to make a point going off-topic and you admit you know it should be posted elsewhere but you choose not to because you know more people will see it here, so you go ahead and post it here anyway. Perhaps that is what others are doing also, so it would be a bit hypocritical to ask them to change wouldn't it? Sorry if repetition is annoying, but I'm sure some people would wish to censor Morrissey talking about vegetarianism and the royal family also.

I'm glad you have been a long time visitor and please do use the site feedback forum so suggestion can more appropriately responded to.

Off topic? Every single thread goes off topic because of these people - that's the whole point! My account is new because my old one(s) were so old I couldn't remember what they were, but I've visited on and off for years. I'm aware of the policy and the functionality, but the policy eats itself. There is a lot of great content posted by anonymous users, and if we adjust our individual settings to blanket ignore all anonymous posters, we lose all of that. So many of those same people would register if they had no other option, and would keep contributing their good input. But they don't have to, so they don't. And so your permatrolls take advantage of that.

Anyone who has anything anonymous to say about Morrissey for any reason can create an anonymous sockpuppet or throwaway easily enough as even your policy explains, so the value of anonymity is not lost by requiring them to register. It just gives the rest of us the ability to opt out of the worst and dominating feature of the site. I make use of the ignore function already and it makes such a difference. It just can't touch the coward(s) who specifically avoid registering to specifically make sure no one can ignore them.

But unwavering anonymous policy aside, how in the world do you otherwise allow this constant river of repellent assault? How does it add anything to your site? How does it do anything but detract from its value? New album? Cheese crankfraud, rote loopy character assassination. Public statement? Meat crankfraud, rote loopy character assassination. Post on TTY? Songwriting crankfraud, rote loopy character assassination. Over and over and over. If anyone is trying to have a conversation about anything, it will definitely get hijacked and placed on repeat. Doesn't matter what the topic is - every single front page thread goes off topic when these people apply their usual coating of feces to it and you let that go, so going off topic can't be too big of a concern. I'm willing to bet these people don't even actually care about Morrissey anymore and have just settled in to enjoy genric trollsport as a hobby in familiar surroundings.

I see that appeals to kill anonymous posting are DOA so I won't bother again, but I don't see how you otherwise let these people continue to go so far beyond the pale and drive users away from your site with unmistakeable trollery. Plenty of us are critical about this or that specific Morrissey thing, and that kind of critique and debate is worthwhile even if any one of us doesn't agree with it, but when generic opportunistic trollish abuse is someone's entire m.o., surely that's something different. Surely that's an abuse of the site. Surely there's a point past which it can't be mistaken for freethinking open discussion and differences of opinion. Broken record paint-fume cheese crankfraud pests all day every day? Baiting and spraying other users with this crap every day when they're trying to have normal Moz discussions? You're here more than anyone except them - how can you stand it?

This one person or few people have a huge negative effect and are the main reason to come here less and less, as so many have mentioned. I get it that you're fine to let everyone make their own choices in that regard, but why leave a toxic situation like this in place on a site you care enough about to maintain? Is any given principle so valuable that it's worth letting these people have such a disproportionate negative effect that users of goodwill leave and they stay and become the identity of the site?

Nobody is going to read something like this in the feedback forum because they're here instead where the daily asinine hijacking occurs, wearing everybody out. And you've made clear it's a dead issue for you, so I won't bother to start a feedback thread on this. And I won't bring it up again here since I actually care about the quality of content on the site and in its proper function. But I wanted you to know that I have appreciated this site over the years, I'm glad its here, I have appreciated your work, I'm dumbfounded and so impressed that you kept it going even in the face of Morrissey publicly targeting you personally, and I want good things for the site - better things than this unnecessarily noxious atmosphere that drags it down.

So report specifically the original post that was so 'off-topic' and we'll take a look. There haven't been any reports like that in months.

Thanks for the feedback, but as you are anonymous and it's doubtful you can prove you actually have any experience running websites or show that your suggestions are worth listening to, it's pretty much useless.

Wooah! Sounding a bit sensitive there for a guy who's opposed to censorship. Not sure what anonymity or experience in running a website has to do with the validity of a suggestion - but nice to know you that regard feedback from any anonymous posters to your website, and anyone who isn't running a site of their own, as worthless.

As for reporting off-topic posts, as is being consistently pointed out to you, they're all over the place, you really don't need to look that hard - do you ever actually read your own website?

Anyway, no hard feelings, that's the way you want to run it fine - it's just not for me, so I'll give up on it and check out other websites.

I see you don't understand so I'll explain - doing the site for 18+ years now it's been refined to how I think it is best run. Sure I'll look at suggestions from anonymous people but odds are it's not going to be anything I haven't seen before or anything that insightful. One thing I have learned is not to take advice from people who have little or no experience, which many mistakenly do.

The people you mentioned complaining about the posts aren't actually reporting it appropriately. If they didn't keep responding on the thread then it would just be the one post they have an issue with that can be easily skipped over.

Wooah! Sounding a bit sensitive there for a guy who's opposed to censorship. Not sure what anonymity or experience in running a website has to do with the validity of a suggestion - but nice to know you that regard feedback from any anonymous posters to your website, and anyone who isn't running a site of their own, as worthless.

As for reporting off-topic posts, as is being consistently pointed out to you, they're all over the place, you really don't need to look that hard - do you ever actually read your own website?

Anyway, no hard feelings, that's the way you want to run it fine - it's just not for me, so I'll give up on it and check out other websites.

Where is this place? Isn't it close to Canada?

If this was such a great concert, why isn't it being released officially similar to "live at the Hollywood Bowl" and "live at Hollywood High"?

Anonymous-

So you want to make a point going off-topic and you admit you know it should be posted elsewhere but you choose not to because you know more people will see it here, so you go ahead and post it here anyway.

No, I responded to you here since that's where we were already talking, in a conversation somebody else started and directed at you, the same one that happens in so many of these threads thanks to the ceaseless urination of the trolls. You had already made clear by your response that nothing would change no matter where I posted, so there wasn't any point in starting a new thread where you directed me just to say the same things and get the same response. I get it, nothing will change.

The comparison of wrapping up that conversation to defending trollposting is of course not valid given the clear differences in intent. And comparing it to trying to block Morrissey news on a Morrissey site is of course not valid either; if somebody doesn't want to see Morrissey-related news on a Morrissey site, they've come to the wrong place. Trollery on the other hand is a problem on every forum and only exists to abuse, derail, hijack, harass, chase off, etc. It damages this one unnecessarily, but it appears it has been that way and will stay that way. So on that note there isn't anything else to say.

Bombs away, Bennie and company. Morrissey-solo is yours, it owes you a trolling.

Nothing will change because no one can ever counter the arguments for it or give examples of their ideas that are working. I feel 'trolling' is a side effect of free speech. I don't think the solution is to shut that down, people need to either learn to ignore on their own or use the tools given to block seeing the posts they are offended by, not force a tolerance level that affects everyone.

wemissumoz actually started a thread in the site feedback forum and I have responded, feel free to add your arguments and examples there.

No, I responded to you here since that's where we were already talking, in a conversation somebody else started and directed at you, the same one that happens in so many of these threads thanks to the ceaseless urination of the trolls. You had already made clear by your response that nothing would change no matter where I posted, so there wasn't any point in starting a new thread where you directed me just to say the same things and get the same response. I get it, nothing will change.

The comparison of wrapping up that conversation to defending trollposting is of course not valid given the clear differences in intent. And comparing it to trying to block Morrissey news on a Morrissey site is of course not valid either; if somebody doesn't want to see Morrissey-related news on a Morrissey site, they've come to the wrong place. Trollery on the other hand is a problem on every forum and only exists to abuse, derail, hijack, harass, chase off, etc. It damages this one unnecessarily, but it appears it has been that way and will stay that way. So on that note there isn't anything else to say.

Bombs away, Bennie and company. Morrissey-solo is yours, it owes you a trolling.

i nominate you for banning, reason being that you are annoying.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom