Morrissey Love Songs

H

Hornyssey

Name Your favorite Moz' love song from "You are the quarry" to "World peace...":

For me are:

Let me kiss you, Mexico, Sweetie pie, To me you are a work of art, Forgive someone, Kiss me a lot, Come back to Candem and My dearest love.

ill go with kiss me a lot being number one, come back to camden and my dearest love though honestly im kinda happy to see morrisey not writing tortured or otherwise songs about love anymore. i prefer the witty brawling extroversion hes putting out these days.

Come Back to Camden. It jerked on my heartstrings from the moment I heard it, and after reading Morrissey's book it became twice as heartbreaking. I just wish a real string section had been used instead of what sounds like a preset from a sound bank on a Casio keyboard.

Sweetie Pie and My Dearest Love are favorites as well. You Were Good in Your Time is a love song of sorts, so I'm throwing that one in, too.

Come Back to Camden. It jerked on my heartstrings from the moment I heard it, and after reading Morrissey's book it became twice as heartbreaking. I just wish a real string section had been used instead of what sounds like a preset from a sound bank on a Casio keyboard.

Sweetie Pie and My Dearest Love are favorites as well. You Were Good in Your Time is a love song of sorts, so I'm throwing that one in, too.

Same thing with me after reading autobiography, oh yes I forgot "I'm throwing..." good song

IMO the love song from each LP:

Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together
He Knows I'd Love To See Him
Found, Found, Found
Tomorrow
The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get
Dagenham Dave
I Like You
To Me You Are A Work Of Art
I'm OK By Myself (I know this isn't conventional but to me it's a love song in that it's a commitment to resist zombies and hold out for his love)
Istanbul

IMO the love song from each LP:

Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together
He Knows I'd Love To See Him
Found, Found, Found
Tomorrow
The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get
Dagenham Dave
I Like You
To Me You Are A Work Of Art
I'm OK By Myself (I know this isn't conventional but to me it's a love song in that it's a commitment to resist zombies and hold out for his love)
Istanbul

Oh yes ISTANBUL very beautiful, father-son love, excellent, Im not sure if "The more you ignore me..." is a love song, but good choices

Oh yes ISTANBUL very beautiful, father-son love, excellent, Im not sure if "The more you ignore me..." is a love song, but good choices

It's a stalker love song. :D His grudges he bears on those who've cock-blocked him in the past will be rectified when his skin storm is in the forecast.

I just realized I didn't follow the rules of the thread, I didn't see it was last four. Sorry.

It's a stalker love song. :D His grudges he bears on those who've cock-blocked him in the past will be rectified when his skin storm is in the forecast.

I just realized I didn't follow the rules of the thread, I didn't see it was last four. Sorry.

Don't worry, I think is a song about the media, Morrissey against the media, oh WAIT! I forgot SUNNY is great and a fav of all the times

sunny is a great song but its not from the last four albums or a b-side though. it is from one of my fav time periods and goes well in that tradition of his story telling songs like girl least likely to, my love life and boxers etc

Although I'm quite fond of "Sweetie Pie", "Let Me Kiss You" and "Kiss Me a Lot", my top-favorites are all pre-Quarry - sorry Hornyssey!

"I'd Love To"
"I Know It's Gonna Happen Some Day"
"Wide To Receive"

Longing encapsulated to perfection is definitely one of Morrissey's special offerings. He has the ability to be subtle and intense at the same time, which very few other artists share.

"You Should Have Been Nice To Me" is also on my list of favorites along with "My Dearest Love".

Back
Top Bottom