Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY NEW ALBUM" (May 30, 2021)

Morrissey's new album, BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, has been completed in Los Angeles.

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
2 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
4 HA HA HARLEM
5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
7 MY FUNERAL
8 DIANA DORS
9 I EX-LOVE YOU
10 SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS
11 SAINT IN A STAINED-GLASS WINDOW

Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest)
bidder.

unnamed_xrljaa.jpg

artwork by Liam Lynch
photograph by Jean Messenger

Morrissey's 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas start on August 28, and there are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place.

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:
Media items:

By "soon" I would imagine before the end of this year.

Whatever the date, it sounds like he's now got a record label. Not before time.

His gigs this year have been very well attended, putting paid to the myth that he's lost his fanbase, and the man himself is in top form. His band are excellent, and whilst Boz's absence (departure?) has been both sad and puzzling, it's been so good to have Alain back.

It wouldn't surprise me if labels have finally taken notice and given him an acceptable offer. I'm not expecting a comeback of 2004 proportions, but he's certainly turned a corner.
There is no indication that there is any deal. As for well attended, yes, but much smaller venues and much shorter tour. Vegas wasn’t well attended and unlikely he could fill venues the size he used to.

Labels are interested in record sales so it would have to be something very special to entice a label to part with their cash and he isn’t the easiest person to negotiate with. That has always been the case for much longer than “recent” issues.

By "soon" I would imagine before the end of this year.

Whatever the date, it sounds like he's now got a record label. Not before time.

His gigs this year have been very well attended, putting paid to the myth that he's lost his fanbase, and the man himself is in top form. His band are excellent, and whilst Boz's absence (departure?) has been both sad and puzzling, it's been so good to have Alain back.

It wouldn't surprise me if labels have finally taken notice and given him an acceptable offer. I'm not expecting a comeback of 2004 proportions, but he's certainly turned a corner.
2018 UK tour sold 60,000 tickets.
2022 UK tour sold 20,000 tickets, so no comparison.
Great vibe at these 2022 concerts though. The best for many a year.
It's still plausible that a deal has been struck and the new album will soon be released.
But just not based on the ticket sales for this tour.

There is no indication that there is any deal. As for well attended, yes, but much smaller venues and much shorter tour. Vegas wasn’t well attended and unlikely he could fill venues the size he used to.

Labels are interested in record sales so it would have to be something very special to entice a label to part with their cash and he isn’t the easiest person to negotiate with. That has always been the case for much longer than “recent” issues.
Agreed, I don't think his new comment means much of anything. He also said 5 months ago that "I Am Veronica" was "about to be released as a single." He could offer to do what Prince did in 2004 with Musicology... every concert ticket included the purchase of his album (you were handed a CD as you entered the venue). What if he did something like that with a CD (unlikely as few probably want CDs anymore) or more likely a digital download link when you purchase your ticket?

I still think the Palladium is a potential showcase for any interested UK labels, who will all have been invited, so let's wait until that gig passes.

Agreed, I don't think his new comment means much of anything. He also said 5 months ago that "I Am Veronica" was "about to be released as a single." He could offer to do what Prince did in 2004 with Musicology... every concert ticket included the purchase of his album (you were handed a CD as you entered the venue). What if he did something like that with a CD (unlikely as few probably want CDs anymore) or more likely a digital download link when you purchase your ticket?
Nice idea but we all now the album would be leaked instantly. So if the idea behind it is too encourage more people to buy tickets, it’s not going to work.

Nice idea but we all now the album would be leaked instantly. So if the idea behind it is too encourage more people to buy tickets, it’s not going to work.
The idea would be to sell more units of the album. It would not be an incentive to attend shows. The same people would attend regardless, it's just that each ticket would also count as an album sale (either physical or digital). Those sales may not count for chart position but it's a way to ensure higher album sales - i.e., for the benefit of a record company.

When Prince did it, of course, not all the attendees wanted the new album, but they got it bundled with their ticket purchase, which drove up album sales.

Last edited:
Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom