Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY NEW ALBUM" (May 30, 2021)

Morrissey's new album, BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, has been completed in Los Angeles.

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
2 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
4 HA HA HARLEM
5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
7 MY FUNERAL
8 DIANA DORS
9 I EX-LOVE YOU
10 SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS
11 SAINT IN A STAINED-GLASS WINDOW

Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest)
bidder.

unnamed_xrljaa.jpg

artwork by Liam Lynch
photograph by Jean Messenger

Morrissey's 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas start on August 28, and there are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place.

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:
Media items:

A world tour including of course Sudamerica would be great for you to sing the songs from the last 2 albums. Will Moz be thinking about that

462C2768-A1D8-4611-8C3C-BFAF07EB242D.jpeg

Spotted this on Instagram the other day in a conversation about the new album. This person’s usually quite reliable with early info.

Since February, it's been relatively quiet on the Alain Whyte solo front. Silence on his Twitter and Facebook accounts, almost like he disappeared off the face of the earth. Just want to have it said.

Since February, it's been relatively quiet on the Alain Whyte solo front. Silence on his Twitter and Facebook accounts, almost like he disappeared off the face of the earth. Just want to have it said.
I believe he was having issues with suppliers re: new music. He posted some disheartened IG posts which I didn't think appropriate to share here and he's been pretty quiet since.
The live scene being slow to re-emerge didn't help either.
Hopefully, everything he's planned comes to fruition.
Regards,
FWD.

I sent him one. He said he'd give the album to either the highest or lowest bid, so I'm hoping mine will be the lowest.

What’d you offer him? Uncleskinny?

Here's an interesting approach that Morrissey could take, Virgin have launched Virgin Label & Artist Services. James have just released their new album via this route and it's landed in the UK Album charts at number 2 today. Here's what they offer.

Effective immediately, Virgin Music Label & Artist Services will provide artists global solutions, with fully staffed operations already established in the world’s top five music markets (US, Japan, UK, Germany, France) and across Latin America, the world’s fastest-growing region for the past five years. Additional operations will launch in the coming months.

Here's an interesting approach that Morrissey could take, Virgin have launched Virgin Label & Artist Services. James have just released their new album via this route and it's landed in the UK Album charts at number 2 today. Here's what they offer.

Effective immediately, Virgin Music Label & Artist Services will provide artists global solutions, with fully staffed operations already established in the world’s top five music markets (US, Japan, UK, Germany, France) and across Latin America, the world’s fastest-growing region for the past five years. Additional operations will launch in the coming months.

I long ago lost track of which music companies own which labels but I think I'm correct in saying that he has never signed to Virgin, has he?

I long ago lost track of which music companies own which labels but I think I'm correct in saying that he has never signed to Virgin, has he?
Virgin is basically UMG and Universal were also Harvest/Capitol - so indirectly sort of :)
FWD.

And a brilliant James album at that!
Would make sense that he might go this way if he's already got the album in the bag...outsource the rest of it for a cut to Virgin without necessarily signing to a label if I understand correctly

Virgin is basically UMG and Universal were also Harvest/Capitol - so indirectly sort of :)
FWD.

I don't think they sign bands though, James's album is released on their own label called Nothing but love records and I think Virgin Music Label & Artist Services have distributed it. I may be wrong though and it may be the same approach as Johnny Marr with New Voodoo which is actually Warner Bros.

I highly doubt Morrissey is going to have to take matters into his own hands or reinvent the wheel. All this conjecture will seem superfluous in a few months when the album comes out the old fashioned way on whatever label decides to scoop it up. We've been here before.

And a brilliant James album at that!
Would make sense that he might go this way if he's already got the album in the bag...outsource the rest of it for a cut to Virgin without necessarily signing to a label if I understand correctly

Yes I think so as well, the last 4 albums have been excellent and enabled them to fill UK arena's again, although I do prefer seeing them in smaller venues apart from when it's their hometown where they generate a fantastic atmosphere at the MEN.

Yes I think so as well, the last 4 albums have been excellent and enabled them to fill UK arena's again, although I do prefer seeing them in smaller venues apart from when it's their hometown where they generate a fantastic atmosphere at the MEN.
Off track a bit but couldn't agree more....showing my age but saw them around the original Sit Down release in the Marquee which was amazing....Great times...Village Fire EP is still a standout for me.
Anyways great to see them going from strength to strength and Morrissey could learn a lot from how they've played the promotion game to build the following they now have and as you say selling out arenas quite comfortably.
Whilst I love that he refuses to conform...I'd love to see a final flourish but he will definately need to give a little...we can only hope

Oh dear, I had heard one of the new songs was about the Manchester Arena bombing. I hope this isn't it. Macabre and insensitive title if so.
See, I told you. No wonder labels won’t touch it. Hopefully this won’t be his “The Day the Clown Cried.”

Tim Booth teaches gymnastics class to bored divorcees and this thread is called MORRISSEY’’S NEW ALBUM :hammer:

Yep, the one he can't get released as yet. Some of the posts are showing that there are alternatives such as the one James used, which got to number 3 in the Official Charts. Yes Tim does teach Yoga when he gets the chance but doesn't get much time seeing he's busy rehearsing with James for their arena tour later this year, which a few people on Morrissey Solo are attending.

Yep, the one he can't get released as yet. Some of the posts are showing that there are alternatives such as the one James used, which got to number 3 in the Official Charts. Yes Tim does teach Yoga when he gets the chance but doesn't get much time seeing he's busy rehearsing with James for their arena tour later this year, which a few people on Morrissey Solo are attending.
Why would you think I want you to repeat anything about Tim Booth to me yet again?

Are you collecting pennies from somewhere, every time you post about him? Are you going to help him buy a new sarong? :rolleyes:

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom