Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY NEW ALBUM" (May 30, 2021)

Morrissey's new album, BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, has been completed in Los Angeles.

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
2 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
4 HA HA HARLEM
5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
7 MY FUNERAL
8 DIANA DORS
9 I EX-LOVE YOU
10 SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS
11 SAINT IN A STAINED-GLASS WINDOW

Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest)
bidder.

unnamed_xrljaa.jpg

artwork by Liam Lynch
photograph by Jean Messenger

Morrissey's 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas start on August 28, and there are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place.

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:
Media items:

A re-jigged/re-coloured version of that young photo was shared by someone months ago - very similar to this. Can't be bothered to dig through IG, but wouldn't be surprised if it was 'inspired' by a fan's work.
FWD.

dear god, is that really going to be the album cover? I cant wait to hear it though.
I feel like we say this for every Album cover and unfortunately it always turns out to be the final cover. This one is a new low though.

Even being unsigned Morrissey still has enough fans to earn lots of money from his releases. He could use music distributors like Ditto, Distrokid or similar to deliver his new album to the most popular streaming platforms and digital music stores. No offers from big record labels is not the end of the world and shouldn’t stop him from releasing his music

I feel like we say this for every Album cover and unfortunately it always turns out to be the final cover. This one is a new low though.
I think the covers have been going downhill "years of refusal", before then I used to see the funny side to them.

'Bonfire of teenagers' is a rather interesting title. Are the teenagers creating the bonfire? Is the bonfire in honour of the teenagers? Are the teenagers in the bonfire?
Wild guess - this will be the song that deals with 'cancel culture'. The twitter teens are burning Morrissey's records on bonfires, much as the Beatles records were burned in the US after the 'bigger than Jesus' stuff.
:flamethrow:

It's wild how bad his covers have gotten in recent years, hard to believe this is designed by the same dude that designed all the iconic Smiths covers

It's wild how bad his covers have gotten in recent years, hard to believe this is designed by the same dude that designed all the iconic Smiths covers

It isn't - it's designed by Liam Lynch.

"Worst year of my life" . . . Oh, Morrissey . . . I pray for you and for the repose of the soul of your mother.

Let’s guess which one Iggy appears on!

"Worst year of my life" . . . Oh, Morrissey . . . I pray for you and for the repose of the soul of your mother.

That final track title sounds reflective of his mam’s passing.

Wild guess - this will be the song that deals with 'cancel culture'. The twitter teens are burning Morrissey's records on bonfires, much as the Beatles records were burned in the US after the 'bigger than Jesus' stuff.
:flamethrow:

I am so, so OUT of whatever happens on Twitter or whatever "Twitter teens" might be doing that I find it hard to judge how realistic this is.

Is this for real?

In any way?

Comments appreciated.

Would also be interested if anyone has any indication, idea, rumour - whatever - as to who the co-writers might be?

The same basic line-up as the last albums or any chance of a surprise?

I am so, so OUT of whatever happens on Twitter or whatever "Twitter teens" might be doing that I find it hard to judge how realistic this is.

Is this for real?

In any way?

Comments appreciated.

It's not likely - in his Simpsons statement he was upset about legacy media & being abandoned by friends in real life - Twitter didn't come into it.

Since there's a picture of him aged 13 on the cover - I'd say he was blocking out his current troubles by dwelling on his childhood.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom