Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY NEW ALBUM" (May 30, 2021)

Morrissey's new album, BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS, has been completed in Los Angeles.

"The worst year of my life concludes with the best album of my life." - Morrissey.

The eleven tracks are:

1 I AM VERONICA
2 REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE
3 KEROUAC'S CRACK
4 HA HA HARLEM
5 I LIVE IN OBLIVION

6 BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS
7 MY FUNERAL
8 DIANA DORS
9 I EX-LOVE YOU
10 SURE ENOUGH, THE TELEPHONE RINGS
11 SAINT IN A STAINED-GLASS WINDOW

Morrissey is unsigned. The album is available to the highest (or lowest)
bidder.

unnamed_xrljaa.jpg

artwork by Liam Lynch
photograph by Jean Messenger

Morrissey's 5 nights at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas start on August 28, and there are no anti-social distancing or facial concealment rules in place.

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:
Media items:

Still wondering what happened to the 12th song on Doggo. Was it originally supposed to be Diana Dors but they decided it didn't fit in and saved it for Bonfire?

@Ryan @Ketamine Sun @Famous when dead @Phranc & Open
Think we will get singles with new B-sides ?
Hope we don’t get live versions or covers again
I so miss the era when he’d release a single with 2-3 B-sides

b-sides? of course! But I think it’s smarter to accept and be content in the fact ... that it’s just not like those old days anymore. Yes, be happy with what was given and that he even bothers to still give at all.

VIVA BONFIRE !!!

:thumb:

b-sides? of course! But I think it’s smarter to accept and be content in the fact ... that it’s just not like those old days anymore. Yes, be happy with what was given and that he even bothers to still give at all.

VIVA BONFIRE !!!

:thumb:

am I still ill ?

Kinda hopin' that Saint In A Stained-Glass Window,
is another strong closer like the recent pieces of
Oboe Concerto, Israel and My Hurlin' Days Are Done.

I can see my reflection like that of an angel!
And I feel that I am dying, and, through the medium
Of art or of mystical experience, I want to be reborn,
Wearing my dream like a diadem, in some better land
Where beauty flourishes.
- Stéphane Mallarmé

Chatting with all my industry friends, its amazing how toxic he has become. No one will sign him even to a one album deal. And the absurdity is (and has been for a decade or more) he should be putting out his own records physically and digitally . He would see more money that way and all he would "lose" is chart positions which are meaningless in 2021 anyway.

Kinda hopin' that Saint In A Stained-Glass Window,
is another strong closer like the recent pieces of
Oboe Concerto, Israel and My Hurlin' Days Are Done.

I can see my reflection like that of an angel!
And I feel that I am dying, and, through the medium
Of art or of mystical experience, I want to be reborn,
Wearing my dream like a diadem, in some better land
Where beauty flourishes.
- Stéphane Mallarmé

That’s beautiful, I gotta get me some
more of that mallarmé on my toast!

Chatting with all my industry friends, its amazing how toxic he has become. No one will sign him even to a one album deal. And the absurdity is (and has been for a decade or more) he should be putting out his own records physically and digitally . He would see more money that way and all he would "lose" is chart positions which are meaningless in 2021 anyway.
:rolleyes:

which industry exactly?:rolleyes:
your 'friends' in the 'non fungi fungus'
industry?:hammer:
the cometry industry?:hammer:

I suspect that an alternative to releasing this record through an established record company is already in place and that the highest/lowest bidder thing is just a way to attract attention. Maybe he hopes that some labels will approach him only so he can reject them? Either way, I hope that Morrissey won't taunt his fans by holding onto a finished album for very much longer!

I personally really liked IANADOAC, so I have quite high hopes for the new album. Bonfire of Teenagers sounds a bit like a slasher horror movie from the 80s, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I wonder if the title reflects Morrissey's own teenage experience or refers to present-day teenagers?

I'd be inclined to believe he has a deal & the Central post is a joke or a bit of drama.

I agree, it was hard enough for him to get the Harvest deal in 2014 and that went haywire, the BMG deal was a good one but even that went wrong. All these deals were done before his current “cancellation” and as you say “toxicity”. Sadly I can’t see a bridge he hasn’t burnt when it comes to record labels and feel he may have to go the unconventional route, but then again Kevin Spacey is currently filming his new film in Italy so who knows

I'd be inclined to believe he has a deal & the Central post is a joke or a bit of drama.

wouldn’t be surprising.

He does like to complain, even though I get the sense that he knows it’s futile, but he can’t resist.
Could be wrong.

Did someone already mention this, or maybe I dreamt it - I either agree or think that "I Am Veronica" is about a cow - probably a cow imprisoned for her "dairy products". Maybe the song is sort of in the "Je suis Veronica" style? Or I'm just completely wrong as usual. It's still fun trying to guess what kind of song those really interesting song titles stand for. I'm also really excited about this album!

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom