Morrissey not dropped by Harvest; album pulled from all services at Morrissey's request - Billboard

An anonymous person posts the link:

Morrissey Probably Won't Be Taking His Option for a Second Record with Harvest
- Billboard

Excerpt:

According to a source familiar with the situation, "Morrissey has not been dropped by [Harvest Records, a subsidiary of Capitol Music Group, itself a subsidiary of Universal Music Group] but out of deference to his request they have reluctantly removed his album from all services."

It's believed that Morrissey signed a licensing deal with Harvest for one album (World Peace Is None of Your Business), with an option for a second. But, according to press reports, Morrissey grew unhappy with the label when it didn't make a music video for album track "Istanbul." Morrissey, who seems to have made a habit of going to war with whatever label he is signed to, started publicly fighting with the Harvest 2-3 weeks after the album was released in the U.S. on July 15.

Since its release the album has sold 25,000 units -- 15,000 CDs, 3,000 LPs and 8,000 digital downloads, according to Nielsen SoundScan. With those kind of sales numbers for the physical formats, Billboard speculates that Harvest probably built about 50,000 physical units for the U.S. market. That means there is still plenty of World Peace stock left for Morrissey fans to track down, if they're so inclined. And if Morrissey demands that Harvest get those CD and vinyl albums back, good luck to the combative artist if he thinks store merchants will fully comply with such a request from Harvest.

Related media:

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Morrissey not dropped by Harvest; album pulled from all services at Morrissey's request - Billbo

Wrong tense. It was a great album. Until he destroyed it by returning to the very same potty-mouth TTY nonsense that derailed his career after his diss of David Banda. He career is now TOAST. He has made himself a laughing stock by dissing Robin Williams and attempting to appropriate the legacy of The Ramones, even though his contempt for them was so strong on initial hearing he had to share it with the world.....what a wanker.

best
BB

Are you getting the help you need? God I hope so.

Re: Morrissey not dropped by Harvest; album pulled from all services at Morrissey's request - Billbo

Are you getting the help you need? God I hope so.

It was so nice here without BB's nonsense. Then he came back.

What is all that nonsense in his signature and under his avi? Someone needs a hobby.

Wrong tense. It was a great album. Until he destroyed it by returning to the very same potty-mouth TTY nonsense that derailed his career after his diss of David Banda. He career is now TOAST. He has made himself a laughing stock by dissing Robin Williams and attempting to appropriate the legacy of The Ramones, even though his contempt for them was so strong on initial hearing he had to share it with the world.....what a wanker.

best
BB

BrummieBoy...your posts here and over on the one about Morrissey's latest missive from TTY are ridiculous for intellect like you.

They are rants similar to Henry Rollins, concerning his disgust with Robin Williams suicide. One can feel the fear, vulnerability and anger concerning the death of a loved actor (loved by you and others), Robin Williams. People are full of shit and Morrissey is a people. So are you and so am I.

You'd have to be crazy to take all of this seriously. Of course we use all of this garbage to keep from going crazy. Illusions are a funny thing, aren't they.

BrummieBoy...your posts here and over on the one about Morrissey's latest missive from TTY are ridiculous for intellect like you.

They are rants similar to Henry Rollins, concerning his disgust with Robin Williams suicide. One can feel the fear, vulnerability and anger concerning the death of a loved actor (loved by you and others), Robin Williams. People are full of shit and Morrissey is a people. So are you and so am I.

You'd have to be crazy to take all of this seriously. Of course we use all of this garbage to keep from going crazy. Illusions are a funny thing, aren't they.

Excellent diagnosis. And no laughing matter.

From the NME, of all places.

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/...witter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=mozblog

Excerpt:

It’s an odd, petulance-tinged tug-of-war, and some people have deemed this snarky severing of ties tantamount to career suicide. Me? I’m not convinced, because this is what Morrissey does. Read Autobiography again: when he’s not slagging off Rough Trade’s Geoff Travis for a) being clueless and b)having terrible taste in jumpers, he’s narking at his old label Sanctuary for making a typo on the sleeve for ‘You Are The Quarry’. “It’s enough to make Van Gogh cut off both ears,” he says, and while self-mutilation seems a slight overreaction, it makes sense - because, Morrissey is a pop fan. He always has been and he always will be, and like you and me and all other pop fans, he still obsesses about those silly things like artwork and videos and legacy. We need more of those people - those artists - who still care, not less of them.

He’s also making up for lost time, too. Morrissey’s been quiet since 2009, and that means he missed out on a good five years of the panic about the decline of the music industry. He didn’t get his chance to fret and frump and bemoan ever-dwindling album sales then, and he’ll be damned if he’s going to miss his chance now. He’s given himself a leading role in the ongoing saga of the death of the album. Can you imagine not having a Morrissey-shaped chapter on this pivotal time for music, when the old forms are dying out and the new ones are yet to be born? It’s unthinkable. It would be like leaving Jesus out of The Last Supper.

Most of all, though, it’s proof that Morrissey’s really back; that he’s in here in spirit as well as body. Because make no mistake about it: even now, some 30 years after the start of The Smiths, Morrissey still thinks he should be Number One in every country in the world, and he can’t fathom why that isn’t so. It must be someone’s elses fault. That’s part of what makes him such a unique character: a grumpy sod with a chip forever lodged on his shoulder, always sniping at those around him for failing to meet his high standards. I’m sure that makes him a pain in the arse to work with, but in an anodyne landscape where artists are content to kowtow to labels and be manipulated willy-nilly, having someone hellbent on kicking up a fuss is surely worth the odd rump-ache.

I don't take Morrissey remotely seriously. I regard him as a cutting-edge comedian who also sings beautifully and writes interesting lyrics for his musical collaborators. He's a consumer product, that's all. It's all *fascinating* on one level and totally absurd on another. What's not to like about his latest diva meltdowns?

best
BB

It was so nice here without BB's nonsense. Then he came back.

What is all that nonsense in his signature and under his avi? Someone needs a hobby.

I have a hobby. Annoying you!
Thanks for playing....
bye
BB

he doesnt just add lyrics and vocals. he also does arrangements which are pretty important to the song.

I don't take Morrissey remotely seriously. I regard him as a cutting-edge comedian who also sings beautifully and writes interesting lyrics for his musical collaborators. He's a consumer product, that's all. It's all *fascinating* on one level and totally absurd on another. What's not to like about his latest diva meltdowns?

best
BB

After reading this and comparing it to your rants about Robin Williams it's obvious I've being giving you too much credit for being able......to think.

that only goes to show how little you know.....about Morrissey's fixation with Cobain....try again....actually don't bother. I very much doubt you have the slightest clue about Shostakovitch, prog-rog skeleton's in Morrissey's closet alongside the others or why his career imploded when Kurt mocked him on TOTP....

best
BB

your tired attempts at cryptic nonsense don't interest me.

you said that southpaw grammar was aping grunge. point out any song that sounds remotely like anything that somebody could classify as "grunge".

you're talking out of your arse.

have fun!

Yes, by responding to me you make me LOL!
Please continue
Bye for now!
BB

If you were able to be succinct with your posts I'd be more interested in reading them but the rambling is just meh....

your tired attempts at cryptic nonsense don't interest me.

you said that southpaw grammar was aping grunge. point out any song that sounds remotely like anything that somebody could classify as "grunge".

you're talking out of your arse.

have fun!

Grunge is a sub-text of metal. Try again. You're talking out of your arse.

I don't interest you, but you can't resist responding? Makes TOTAL sense...epicFAIL!

If you were able to be succinct with your posts I'd be more interested in reading them but the rambling is just meh....

Then don't read them. Why on earth would I possibly care what you think? Or Morrissey? Or David Tseng? Or any other living being? HOW CAN ANYBODY POSSIBLY KNOW HOW I FEEL! *smirks*

LOOOOL!
BB

After reading this and comparing it to your rants about Robin Williams it's obvious I've being giving you too much credit for being able......to think.

Your credit means absolutely NOTHING to me. I have no interest in what you think, or Morrissey, or UncleSkinny or Kewpie or Harvest Records or God or David Cameron thinks. It's all about ME! Not you, not Morrissey, not this site...but ME!

ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME!

I know this self-obsessed narcissistic personality stuff is out of order on a site devoted to Morrissey, but.....LOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morrissey wasn't pushed from Harvest Records, he jumped from TTY Beachy Head taking his career with him as he plunged to the rocks below, his arthritic bones moaning as they crashed on the rocks below. And then a seagull snatched up the note wot he wrote about Robin Williams and cried out "Nanu! Nanu!" And thus order was restored to a disturbed universe...

My Secretary, Sharon, will now resume her duties. I bore of this. Though it has been ENORMOUS FUN! Thanks for playing and good luck with getting tickets to the 02 today as the fake manufactured sell-out is rolled out by Team Morrissey's promoters to try and ignite a buyer's panic. Is he a hot ticket this year? Only with those too disturbed to be allowd into mental hospitals.....

oh, I must go, this is too much fun, but it's addictive, so I must retire to the shadows once more...until we next meet....goodbye! but not farewell!!!!

with deep satisfaction and pleasure after another successful campaign
BB

Your credit means absolutely NOTHING to me. I have no interest in what you think, or Morrissey, or UncleSkinny or Kewpie or Harvest Records or God or David Cameron thinks. It's all about ME! Not you, not Morrissey, not this site...but ME!

ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME! ME!

I know this self-obsessed narcissistic personality stuff is out of order on a site devoted to Morrissey, but.....LOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morrissey wasn't pushed from Harvest Records, he jumped from TTY Beachy Head taking his career with him as he plunged to the rocks below, his arthritic bones moaning as they crashed on the rocks below. And then a seagull snatched up the note wot he wrote about Robin Williams and cried out "Nanu! Nanu!" And thus order was restored to a disturbed universe...

My Secretary, Sharon, will now resume her duties. I bore of this. Though it has been ENORMOUS FUN! Thanks for playing and good luck with getting tickets to the 02 today as the fake manufactured sell-out is rolled out by Team Morrissey's promoters to try and ignite a buyer's panic. Is he a hot ticket this year? Only with those too disturbed to be allowd into mental hospitals.....

oh, I must go, this is too much fun, but it's addictive, so I must retire to the shadows once more...until we next meet....goodbye! but not farewell!!!!

with deep satisfaction and pleasure after another successful campaign
BB

Hello Brummie,

I'm off to York this weekend to see The Fall again, if I bump I to MES I'll be sure to mention your name.

I'll keep you posted.

Toodles!

Then don't read them. Why on earth would I possibly care what you think? Or Morrissey? Or David Tseng? Or any other living being? HOW CAN ANYBODY POSSIBLY KNOW HOW I FEEL! *smirks*

LOOOOL!
BB

I don't read them. I also don't pick up dog shit off the ground. I just step over it.

The sales figures are dismal. Fans can blame promotion - or lack of - but the bottom line is that the record isn't any good. At this stage in his career Moz isn't going to win any new fans is he? If you were introducing Morrissey to virgin ears, would you really serve up 'World Peace' as your first offering? Of course you wouldn't. It is a poor album lacking musically and especially lyrically. What happened to the wit, to the humor, and dare I say the poetry. Live the album doesn't come to life, rather dies a slow death under his current awful alt rock combo. I saw the show in LA and walked out half way through because I was so disappointed - and I wasn't the only one who voted with his feet. I really wanted to enjoy World Peace, but it is just isn't up to snuff, it's lack of sales have sod all to do with Harvest. The last time Moz had a big promo splash was 'Quarry' - 'World Peace's' sales reflect the fact that even Moz fans can't pass it on ...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom