Morrissey NOT invited to Nobel Artist celebration after KFC comments

From here - http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/article17939795.ab

Google translation - Oslo's mayor, Conservative Party politician Fabian Stang, has invited all the artists who are attending the celebration of the Nobel Peace Prize to a conversation, rather - all except Morrissey. The reason that Morrissey gets ported can be found in a statement that the British pop icon felled during a concert shortly after the terrorist attacks on Utøya and in Oslo, reports NTB.

Morrissey is known as a militant vegan and in between snack, he compared the terrorist attacks with the production of fast food.

- We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown. But that's nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried Chicken every day, said the singer.

In an interview with the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet explains Fabian Stang their unwillingness to invite Morrissey:

- The seriousness of comparing our nation's tragedy to flipping burgers makes it difficult for me to be accommodating, even though his job is to sing, not talk.

"His job is to sing, not talk." f***ing fascist!

"His job is to sing, not to talk!" Excuse me? And that's coming from someone who is part of the Nobel Peace Prize? Well, that's is not what I would call democracy and peace making. I also find quite disgusting they decided to have a meeting to talk about Morrissey presence at the NPP with out giving him the chance to attend and talk by himself. The NPP is like everything else... A business!!! Do they really care about what they do? If they think Morrissey's comments at the time where a bit to much (I do not think so), wouldn't be a way of making peace to let him sing at the NPP?

This has nothing to to with the NPP comittee, it's a decisison made solely by the mayor. I don't know what meeting you are refering to, but perhaps google translate gives strange interpretations. What I've gathered, as a norwegian, is that the concert comittee has indeed defended Morrissey's right to speak his mind and they are stressing that good artists provocate, engage and inspire.

What do you think a cow or a sheep feel about their calve or lamb being taken away from them? Oh, right, animals doesn't have feelings...

Where did I say that? Please link.

- - - Updated - - -

f*** off Barleycorn.

My theory about modern Morrissey fans being f***ing idiots gains traction every time you post.

What do you think a cow or a sheep feel about their calve or lamb being taken away from them? Oh, right, animals doesn't have feelings...

Oh f*** off you child.
Of course its wrong to kill animals but have some respect for the mothers and fathers of the children who were killed. Lets not forget morrissey tends to come out with these comments when he has a product to push.
I agree that all life should be treasured but there is such a thing as tact. Saying what he said when he said it was just bad taste, typical headline grabbing.
I was reading on someones FB page this week that PETA kills cats and dogs and that c*** has his head on a stamp of theirs...And mentions that organisation on in glowing terms.
I think Norway should be happy to have him, they haven't got anyone of their own.

You would feel differently if it was your child.

How would you feel if your beloved pet dog or cat were bound by the feet while squirming in utter terror, then squealing in pain as its throat is cut; how would you respond to seeing your pet thrown in a vat to be boiled alive, or decapitated in a grinding machine? We prioritize the value of human life, and the lives of animals that are part of our families, because of the emotional bonds that we form. That line of thinking doesn't make the pain felt by other creatures any less real or relevant. The vegetarian/vegan population is on the rise, so there are many people who would presumably share Morrissey's view of the meat industry, even if they disagree with his phrasing and timing concerning this incident. No life should be sacrificed for frivolous human consumption.

lynnda

Where did I say that? Please link.

- - - Updated - - -

My theory about modern Morrissey fans being f***ing idiots gains traction every time you post.

At least we're not on a forum of somebody we hate unlike Barleycorn the Imposter. 1,103 posts and counting, what f***ing spunk bubble you are.

/B]

Last edited:
How would you feel if your beloved pet dog or cat were bound by the feet while squirming in utter terror, then squealing in pain as its throat is cut; how would you respond to seeing your pet thrown in a vat to be boiled alive, or decapitated in a grinding machine? We prioritize the value of human life, and the lives of animals that are part of our families, because of the emotional bonds that we form. That line of thinking doesn't make the pain felt by other creatures any less real or relevant. The vegetarian/vegan population is on the rise, so there are many people who would presumably share Morrissey's view of the meat industry, even if they disagree with his phrasing and timing concerning this incident. No life should be sacrificed for frivolous human consumption.

lynnda

I'm not Korean.

A hypothetical to determine your love of animals: There's a fire in your house. God forbid. You have the time to rescue your dog or your toddler, but not both. Which do you choose, and why?

At least we're not on a forum of somebody we hate unlike Barleycorn the Imposter. 1,103 posts and counting, what f***ing spunk bubble you are.

I don't hate him, per se. I just don't hero worship him. There was a time I did, but then he released Kill Uncle, and the scales fell from my eyes.

I think his Norway quote has come back to f*** him in the arse, as I and others prophesied. It wasn't much of a prophesy, because it was so egregious only fools would back him. Charlie.

Morrissey plays the percentages in his statements. The Queen, the Royals in general, Ireland, the Tories, are all easy pickings from the Penthouse suite of the Hotel Bel Air. The support is in the minority, but still fulsome. Norway, dead children and chickens reaches the mark at which controversial becomes despicable. He's now finding that out. Good.

At some point between now and the performance we'll find out what the people of Norway think of him. If he doesn't pull out he will be up before the court of public opinion in Oslo. He's somehow managed to engineer himself his own little X-Factor. What a businessman, eh? You can't say he isn't entertaining. If he gets dog's abuse we can't blame the Norwegians, while if he gets a warm reception we can only marvel at their civilised response. For Morrissey it is lose/lose, while for the people of Norway it is win/win. They will appear either righteously angry, or magnanimous. He is left with blessed relief or another career car crash.

The truth is, instead of regaling us with three poorly written rants in two months he should be writing songs. That is what he is good at. His grammatical abilities suit verse/chorus/verse far better than his preferred writing style of sentence/sentence/sentence/sentence/sentence/sentence/sentence/sentence.

Morrissey is becoming Jeremy Clarkson, holding obnoxious views to advance his career. Unlike Clarkson he isn't bright enough to quite carry it off. Oslo, it's over to you.

I'm not Korean.

A hypothetical to determine your love of animals: There's a fire in your house. God forbid. You have the time to rescue your dog or your toddler, but not both. Which do you choose, and why?

A bit of a simpleton's analogy. Just because you might opt to save the toddler, it doesn't mean you can't have enlightened attitudes to animal welfare.

Perhaps someone could set a new poll: your house is on fire - Johnny barleycorn is inside. Should you try to save him or go down the pub?

There was a time when I thought barleycorn was the sanest of the 3 amigos, occasionally he would make a rational statement and seemed quite lucid, unfortunately those days are gone and his posts are hate-filled, aggressive and rude, is he having some kind of breakdown before our very eyes?. Reality bites always used to defend him when I criticised his posts, the silence from reality is now deafening , has she seen the light and seen barleycorn for what he is? Or is her laptop merely broken? I hope it's the former

I don't hate him, per se. I just don't hero worship him. There was a time I did, but then he released Kill Uncle, and the scales fell from my eyes.

I think his Norway quote has come back to f*** him in the arse, as I and others prophesied. It wasn't much of a prophesy, because it was so egregious only fools would back him. Charlie.

Morrissey plays the percentages in his statements. The Queen, the Royals in general, Ireland, the Tories, are all easy pickings from the Penthouse suite of the Hotel Bel Air. The support is in the minority, but still fulsome. Norway, dead children and chickens reaches the mark at which controversial becomes despicable. He's now finding that out. Good.

At some point between now and the performance we'll find out what the people of Norway think of him. If he doesn't pull out he will be up before the court of public opinion in Oslo. He's somehow managed to engineer himself his own little X-Factor. What a businessman, eh? You can't say he isn't entertaining. If he gets dog's abuse we can't blame the Norwegians, while if he gets a warm reception we can only marvel at their civilised response. For Morrissey it is lose/lose, while for the people of Norway it is win/win. They will appear either righteously angry, or magnanimous. He is left with blessed relief or another career car crash.

The truth is, instead of regaling us with three poorly written rants in two months he should be writing songs. That is what he is good at. His grammatical abilities suit verse/chorus/verse far better than his preferred writing style of sentence/sentence/sentence/sentence/sentence/sentence/sentence/sentence.

Morrissey is becoming Jeremy Clarkson, holding obnoxious views to advance his career. Unlike Clarkson he isn't bright enough to quite carry it off. Oslo, it's over to you.

Your belief system seems a bit too close to Jeremy Clarkson's for you to be using him as tool to beat Morrissey with.

He's been exactly the same throughout his career. You claim to have been into The Smiths yet seem to have failed to notice that Morrissey was at least as militant if not more back then. How did you get into somebody who's got the polar opposite views to you? It's akin to me being a loyal Tory voter.

Here's how it is, Morrissey says what he likes when he likes and always has done, whether you like him or not this is surely a good thing as pretty much the rest of the celebrity World has absolutely zero to say. So what if he causes offence here and there, so what! So what if he doesn't word things how somebody else wants them wording. If you want something to be told in a different way then go tell the World in the way that you want it to be told instead of moaning that a person doesn't say things how you want them to. I don't always agree with him and certainly didn't re Norway but it's not for me to tell someone else what they should say.

I don't think his statements are cynical, if he's got something to say he's saying it, he's always been the same and had the same targets. It's not a money making scam, he's just can't keep it in.

Loads of people rub me up the wrong way, that twat Michael Gove for starters. When he comes on the telly I turn him off, likewise when some X Factor shite comes on the radio I'll turn over. I don't understand why you're on here every day moaning, I wouldn't go on a website dedicated to Michael Gove.

There was a time when I thought barleycorn was the sanest of the 3 amigos, occasionally he would make a rational statement and seemed quite lucid, unfortunately those days are gone and his posts are hate-filled, aggressive and rude, is he having some kind of breakdown before our very eyes?

I think a few more people are probably coming to the same conclusion. I used to appreciate his posts, but now he's just Jeremy Clarkson on the verge of a very nervous breakdown. The night of his eloquent "Someone in Oslo should John Lennon the prick" soliloquy, Barleycorn Bill was like Peter Finch in "Network". Truly, "mad as hell", but making little or no sense. Certainly nobody was supporting him from their windows.

Last edited:
I don't get this. What Morrissey said was vile.
That Norway will not welcome him is surely totally predictable.
The only thing that suprises me is that fans here will accept his stance and defend him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom