Morrissey Official YouTube: The Making Of California Son (29 August, 2019)

Reckon California Son is the greatest album The California Son has ever released. A true self titled labor of love showcasing all the musicians he listened to while growing up in Moz Angeles in the 1970's, not the musicians he was told to like when he went to Brittin and was in the pathetic smiths to sell records mate inn nnn n nn nnnnn n it.

Reckon California Son is the greatest album The California Son has ever released. A true self titled labor of love showcasing all the musicians he listened to while growing up in Moz Angeles in the 1970's, not the musicians he was told to like when he went to Brittin and was in the pathetic smiths to sell records mate inn nnn n nn nnnnn n it.
No covers then by New York dolls Patti Smith, sparks,Iggy, the list could be endless with moz music. I recon if he done a covers album each year he would still not get through his own influences ... ever. I would love a moz cover of doctor doctor by the Thompson twins

I've lost a friend and I don't know why. After every lost shot was there another? How did she know you needed morphine. Why didn't you listen to the warning words? I've lost a friend... never again. But why, after every last shot?
Are we tipsy Mr drag me down... your right belta album, even LP, mr green day also sound fandabbydozy

FFS ! Let's not get too carried away here. It's just a tin pot covers album.
He's dried up, that's all there is to it. America went to his head.
He's nothing special at all, just a big fat CrankFraud who stole from others whilst on the rise.

All the years spent exposing him as a complete Crank have payed off now.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
Mr butcher we speak at last.....so you have taken the time then to listen in full to CS??

I think I drank myself sober weeks ago, Carlisle. Looking forward to true sobriety now. Its going to be an adventure. I'll either be amazing or go to the wall.
Oh my friend, i feel for you.. you are quite right , it’s shit or bust.. with the journey you will be on ..Be aware of one thing most people will fall off the wagon at some point. When you do, the Best thing to do is haul your ass back on to the program , and don’t go back to your old ways,,, I kind of know as I work with people with such issues , any time you need to chat, I’m on here

What a dear and darling spurt of sunshine, up the arse.

Top line is about the ethic in the studio,...

“It’s pretty vague. It could be hand-job”.

What a testament to the sadness that is Melvis.

The album didn’t sell for shit and now you’ve trotted out the producer, a half-baked side-monkey in a scarf (granted, better than the T-shirts Melvis makes him wear) and Buffy St. Marie saying that she appreciates when ANYONE covers one of her songs.

Fawn away, wee-un’s. This ain’t Poland. ...and it doesn’t sell tickets or records. ;)

seen this clip a week ago, honoust, past days it was already on youtube

that Manning jr. , would've thought Morrissey would adviced him a short cut hair, or your out:crazy:

Last edited:
TRILL,what a prick that guy is,there, vote that down,wank.

The album didn’t sell for shit and now you’ve trotted out the producer, a half-baked side-monkey in a scarf (granted, better than the T-shirts Melvis makes him wear) and Buffy St. Marie saying that she appreciates when ANYONE covers one of her songs.

Fawn away, wee-un’s. This ain’t Poland. ...and it doesn’t sell tickets or records. ;)
you still using this MELVIS crap,wasnt funny last month,wasnt funny last week and definitely isn't funny today.get yourself a girlfriend or a hobby instead of the shite you post on here.

Buffy Saint Marie was fabulous when I saw her supporting Morrissey in Belfast. She said at the time she was honoured to be asked.
Obviously a mutual appreciation of each other.
I do agree with everyone else posting here, (you know, actual fans), that this album has gotten better and better with each listen.
His voice is superb.
'The thing about working with Moz is that the direction can be quite vague. It could be as simple as a hand gesture'
Guess which hand gesture I'm using towards you, Polski Shlep.

Yeah I had the same feeling but Chain Gang is from the 80s in Chicago and California Son is well, from California in the 70s.
London '82 with Chrissie Hynde and The Pretenders, I thought. But I take your point 100%. To me, Moz's best two recent covers are Chain Gang and It's Over, and I don't have Chain Gang. I think my fav Moz cover is either Moonriver or Interlude (although Siouxsie completely rules on Interlude).

London '82 with Chrissie Hynde and The Pretenders, I thought. But I take your point 100%. To me, Moz's best two recent covers are Chain Gang and It's Over, and I don't have Chain Gang. I think my fav Moz cover is either Moonriver or Interlude (although Siouxsie completely rules on Interlude).
Yeah I get your point re London but Chrissie Hynde is very American and she is The Pretenders. I got her city of origin wrong. She's from Akron, Ohio. I should've remembered as that same album has a great track called My City Was Gone. I didn't bother getting the single either but I did get it on the deluxe LIHS. I wonder what Hynde thinks of it. Anyone know?

I love these types of videos, which give a brief insight to the artist, especially when they're about Moz, who I, like many, absolutely adore. Good job, & will now go listen to the California Son...

A beautiful album. I never thought I'd say that about an album of cover versions let alone one by Morrissey. Don't Interrupt The Sorrow is my favourite so far.

My favorite too. Beautifully arranged:

FFS ! Let's not get too carried away here. It's just a tin pot covers album.
He's dried up, that's all there is to it. America went to his head.
He's nothing special at all, just a big fat CrankFraud who stole from others whilst on the rise.

All the years spent exposing him as a complete Crank have payed off now.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Payed = paid

Silly little Benjaminge.

Tags
california son info
Back
Top Bottom