Morrissey Official YouTube: The Making Of California Son (29 August, 2019)

This is great, from 2:13 on..

Probably the first time musicians or a producer talked about how Morrissey when in the studio directs and communicates his vision for the songs,
using hand gestures, poetry and color.
Which makes me wonder if Morrissey has a bit of synesthesia.

Regards,
FWD.

:thumb:

A beautiful album. I never thought I'd say that about an album of cover versions let alone one by Morrissey. Don't Interrupt The Sorrow is my favourite so far.

An absolute joy to watch! His dedication to music is indeed unmatched.
Wish we had this kind of making ofs of all of his albums.

This is great, from 2:13 on..

Probably the first time musicians or a producer talked about how Morrissey when in the studio directs and communicates his vision for the songs,
using hand gestures, poetry and color.
Which makes me wonder if Morrissey has a bit of synesthesia.

:thumb:

When it came to makin' Suffer The Little Children, Moz knew it had to be one ya could Turkey Step to.
It was the perfect choice cause the way to break the oppression of the educational systems indoctrination, is through inner joy and jubilation.

A beautiful album. I never thought I'd say that about an album of cover versions let alone one by Morrissey. Don't Interrupt The Sorrow is my favourite so far.
Its funny because I was all against the idea of a covers album and while I still think it was unnecessary, I was listening to it on vinyl for the first time last night and some of the songs are good, especially the 2nd side. I still think it's a travesty that he didn't include Chain Gang on it.

I used to skip the last three songs,dont know why,now I love when you close your eyes especially petra hadens dreamy background vocals.

Nice over-view of what is a great album. For me the best album of 2019 hands down - it has been the soundtrack of my summer. Morrissey's best album since You are the Quarry.

i've been at work since 7 am but took a few minutes to watch this and REALLY enjoyed it. The record is great. The voice is better than ever. Im looking forward to going to the shows. Hopefully they wont have to carry me out (on a stretcher)

Its funny because I was all against the idea of a covers album and while I still think it was unnecessary, I was listening to it on vinyl for the first time last night and some of the songs are good, especially the 2nd side. I still think it's a travesty that he didn't include Chain Gang on it.
I agree with you side two is simply stunning, and for me rather confusing, confusing in the sense that I never thought that a cover album by moz , could be done... it’s over is , for me is breathtaking, as moz has said that he really struggled in the studio to sing it, enter the producer, who willed him on. I bet moz will never sing that song live, as he hasn’t that vocal range. Loneliness remembers... is a moz title song it’s self... lady willpower is blasted in my car non stop, it’s over, come on bill, just love it. I have it on vinyl and cd

Brexit was magnificent!

Everybody’s heading for the exit!

Sorry JM!

Yeah I had the same feeling but Chain Gang is from the 80s in Chicago and California Son is well, from California in the 70s.

I like the fact that I only knew 'Its Over' beforehand. It might as well be original material for me.
Same here because I'd only heard of Morning Starship having gotten into Jobriath in the last few years via Morrissey. The rest of the album's songs were a mystery to me.

FFS ! Let's not get too carried away here. It's just a tin pot covers album.
He's dried up, that's all there is to it. America went to his head.
He's nothing special at all, just a big fat CrankFraud who stole from others whilst on the rise.

All the years spent exposing him as a complete Crank have payed off now.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I used to skip the last three songs,dont know why,now I love when you close your eyes especially petra hadens dreamy background vocals.

When you close your eyes is my favourite track on the album, the general sound of the song is, like you say, dreamy, I love it. Although the dog barking at the start puzzles me!

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom