Morrissey on a double decker bus

Tingle3

Apparently there's a big pink (magenta?) bus running around Belfast with an advert for Morrissey's gig on 24th March.: Link

BTW, heHe really seems to have a liking for vintage buses doesn't he? That's the form of transport he took to Wolverhampton for his first (was it really his first?) solo gig in 1988.

Also, the other day when re-reading the article that appeared on Loaded magazine (I don't usually buy it) I noticed that he said that if he had the power he'd reintroduce red and green rear-platform Routemaster buses. Back in 1984 on 'My Top Ten' on Radio 1 he was bemoaning the multicoloured buses in Manchester then, seemingly wanting a smarter, more uniform colour scheme. I bet he can describe the differences between an RT and Routemaster bus.

Some time ago it was reported that Morrissey was spotted buying "On the Buses" DVDs. No surprise.

And then again, back in the early days of The Smiths Morrissey took a trip on 'Charlie's Bus' to Kew:

Little kid: "Where are we going?"
Morrissey: "We're all going mad"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRjJ1H11kYE

Last edited:
Apparently there's a big pink (magenta?) bus running around Belfast with an advert for Morrissey's gig on 24th March.: Link

BTW, heHe really seems to have a liking for vintage buses doesn't he? That's the form of transport he took to Wolverhampton for his first (was it really his first?) solo gig in 1988.

Also, the other day when re-reading the article that appeared on Loaded magazine (I don't usually buy it) I noticed that he said that if he had the power he'd reintroduce red and green rear-platform Routemaster buses. Back in 1984 on 'My Top Ten' on Radio 1 he was bemoaning the multicoloured buses in Manchester then, seemingly wanting a smarter, more uniform colour scheme. I bet he can describe the differences between an RT and Routemaster bus.

Some time ago it was reported that Morrissey was spotted buying "On the Buses" DVDs. No surprise.

And then again, back in the early days of The Smiths Morrissey took a trip on 'Charlie's Bus' to Kew:

Little kid: "Where are we going?"
Morrissey: "We're all going mad"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRjJ1H11kYE

i think he just has a romantic view of vintage anything. buses are neat at a certain points in time socially when most used it, there was a diverse cross section of people forced to interact which doesnt really apply here anymore, in the u.s at least, as there is a very clear divide between those who are on the bus and those who own cars. sure, perhaps subways in places like new york city still have this social phenomenon but those are very rare imo. i think he romanticizes that social aspect of the bus from that period in time more so than the vehicle itself

Indeed it was my friend !!!....
22nd december,1988.
I came down from liverpool and camped out {along with many others!},to ensure i got in.{with my smiths t-shirt under my coat!}
as you can imagine,we all froze...but the night passed quickly,due to numerous cassette recorders {those were the days!}PLAYINGSmiths albums.
We were all treated to a minature small animals paddock {including a donkey !!}
if i can remember,"the man himself" arrived on a bus that was a cross between the "magical mystery tour" beatles bus,and the bus you see in "carry on at your convenience"
i have seen many concerts in my lifetime,but that one still gives me goosbumps if i think about it ! [and it was free!!!!!!}
Best wishes,
keith.

Back
Top Bottom