Morrissey on Broadway - May 2–11 residency (Lunt-Fontanne Theatre) - Playbill

Morrissey, the British singer-songwriter whose baritone voice has become part of the cultural fabric, will come to Broadway.

The former frontman of The Smiths will play Lunt-Fontanne Theatre in residency May 2–11 in conjunction with the release of his latest album, a collection of '60s and '70s covers titled California Son, set to drop May 24 through Étienne Records/BMG.

Tickets go on sale March 8 at MorrisseyOfficial.com.

http://www.playbill.com/article/morrissey-will-come-to-broadway-this-may

An anonymous person posted the link with the promo image / dates (May 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11):

Morrissey Announces Broadway Residency - Broadway World

46462_may2019NYC.png

Last edited by a moderator:
For $399 each I hope he has the entire cast from Les Mis as the backing choir, and a set design apropos to the venue

(LOL there will be neither)

If you missed getting tickets; there are some pretty good deals on Stubhub.

IMPORTANT NOTE TO the SKINNY SOCK PUPPET TICKET BOT TROLLS:
QUIT YOUR WHINING THE TIX ARE SOLD OUT:lbf:
BETTER LUCK NEXT SOLD OUT TOUR:lbf:

Absolutely agree! No way am I paying over $400 for 13th row.

And that is considering I have no hotel or real transportation costs aside from a subway ride.

And where are the balcony seats? I only saw a price range from $399-279.

his 2009 bowery ballroom show was MUCH more intimate (575 capacity) and i only paid like $150 for that!
plus, i also got to see him at carnegie hall (wearing a tux).
so i can skip broadway, this time.

Last edited:
My goodness this would have been great. Too bad it is an obnoxious cash grab.

those tix will be available either in tomorrow's presale or regular sale on friday.

Absolutely agree! No way am I paying over $400 for 15th row.

And that is considering I have no hotel or real transportation costs.

And where are the balcony seats? I only saw a price range from $399-279.

1. It MUST be said that NO artist has ANY control over the Ticketmaster Website !

2. Trying to get some UK tickets via that piece of junk - for family members trying to see a London Show - failed misterably for me. Although eventually the "free" seats came up, but the whole thing slowed down at the point
where only 9 seats were remaining. Perhaps allowing those last 9 folks to complete transactions for 15 minutes before processing remaining seats.

3. I don't know about ticket prices. Some at $250-300 were standard for the venue I understand. On Broadway at least. I mean IT IS BROADWAY !!!!! Tickets for Cats (the musical) were $600 ish +

4. Lastly:

We are here, you're worst fear......
Four days of stubble

Enjoy Yourselves !
Hazard
x

If you missed getting tickets; there are some pretty good deals on Stubhub.

I got 2 tickets in row N of the orchestra for around $900.00. This is a pretty good deal when you consider how small the venue is.

I got 2 tickets in row N of the orchestra for around $900.00. This is a pretty good deal when you consider how small the venue is.
It's one banana, Michael. How much could it cost? 10 dollars?

Did you really think that a Broadway residency tickets would be any less than 200 dollars, especially as Moz is not exactly known for his generosity? If I lived in NY, I might fork out exactly that but definitely not more.

The presale tickets were listed as "presale premium"... I have full confidence that they are going to be in the $200 range friday

Back
Top Bottom