Morrissey on Broadway - May 2–11 residency (Lunt-Fontanne Theatre) - Playbill

Morrissey, the British singer-songwriter whose baritone voice has become part of the cultural fabric, will come to Broadway.

The former frontman of The Smiths will play Lunt-Fontanne Theatre in residency May 2–11 in conjunction with the release of his latest album, a collection of '60s and '70s covers titled California Son, set to drop May 24 through Étienne Records/BMG.

Tickets go on sale March 8 at MorrisseyOfficial.com.

http://www.playbill.com/article/morrissey-will-come-to-broadway-this-may

An anonymous person posted the link with the promo image / dates (May 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11):

Morrissey Announces Broadway Residency - Broadway World

46462_may2019NYC.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeeeeaaaaaa!!!! I didn't see this coming! Although I had a feeling he would come to NY soon! My first thought was imagine he did a Springsteen type B'way show! I don't really see that happening but...imagine!! Anyway great news!

Groovy. I can walk there from my pad on 71st St. This will be my first Mozz gig. I could have seen him at Danceteria New Years Eve in 83. We went there about once a week, but no one knew they were playing. Just a tiny tiny little ad in the Village Voice. We even got in free back then. (You know, dressing like Adam Ant and all.) I even heard the room was empty and Mozz fell off stage ending the show.) The stage was like 3 feet high. Empty room. I MISSED IT... UGH. A quiet prayer this goes well. Try to come to New York all of you. Cheers.

What is interesting Johnny Marr plays the Wellmont in New Jersey on May first and then two days off until playing Connecticut on the 4th. Wellmont is super close to NYC. Could magic happen on the 2nd and 3rd?

What is interesting Johnny Marr plays the Wellmont in New Jersey on May first and then two days off until playing Connecticut on the 4th. Wellmont is super close to NYC. Could magic happen on the 2nd and 3rd?

Sorry DramaJ but you are:banned:

nobody wants you to mess up the Moz show. stick to your little tiny room and cometry songs.:banned:

What will Morrissey consider to be his "Greatest Hits" this time around?

Trying not to get my hopes up too high but this sounds *very* promising in terms of a live show that might be something just a little bit different: "An intimate yet exciting exploration of Morrissey’s expansive career from his early days to his upcoming new record. Longtime fans will get a rare opportunity to see the star branch out into new territory and take the stage like never before.” Playing with a live orchestra, maybe? Lots of acoustic songs? (Although given his conservatism, I'm not sure...)

What will Morrissey consider to be his "Greatest Hits" this time around?
"That's how people grow up"

I definitely had the same thought
Selling it as "greatest hits" is dangerous as it might disappoint the casual fan/Smith's fan/Broadway-goer. For me I'm usually happy as long as he plays something different

I wonder if any of the covers collaborators will make an appearance given all the media hubbub? The buzz will reel around the Lunt-Fontanne.

Trying not to get my hopes up too high but this sounds *very* promising in terms of a live show that might be something just a little bit different: "An intimate yet exciting exploration of Morrissey’s expansive career from his early days to his upcoming new record. Longtime fans will get a rare opportunity to see the star branch out into new territory and take the stage like never before.” Playing with a live orchestra, maybe? Lots of acoustic songs? (Although given his conservatism, I'm not sure...)

Don’t get your hope up... you said it!!

I must apologize, but I do not fully understand what you wrote, but Morrissey also played the Wellmont in March of 2009.

Vegan wouldn't know that as he has never even seen Morrissey or Marr live. Not many sites allow trolling but Vegan takes advantage of Davids relaxed approach (its his site and his prerogative) to spew his shit allover the place. It's actually hilarious when he goes on and on about Marr playing to empty/tiny rooms as he is doing the same thing as hardly anyone ever reads or responds to his idiots posts.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom