Morrissey on Broadway - May 2–11 residency (Lunt-Fontanne Theatre) - Playbill

Morrissey, the British singer-songwriter whose baritone voice has become part of the cultural fabric, will come to Broadway.

The former frontman of The Smiths will play Lunt-Fontanne Theatre in residency May 2–11 in conjunction with the release of his latest album, a collection of '60s and '70s covers titled California Son, set to drop May 24 through Étienne Records/BMG.

Tickets go on sale March 8 at MorrisseyOfficial.com.

http://www.playbill.com/article/morrissey-will-come-to-broadway-this-may

An anonymous person posted the link with the promo image / dates (May 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11):

Morrissey Announces Broadway Residency - Broadway World

46462_may2019NYC.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Got in for Friday tickets but $400. Jesus christ... this must be a farewell stint.

You ain't Barbra Streisand Steven..

I tried on ten computers and the app. Most of them went into some sort of recursive thing during the pre-queue process and failed. Two computers and the app successfully joined the pre-queue and quickly went down to "1 person ahead of you", only to either kick me out of the queue or tell me that zero tickets are available.

Is anyone actually spending $400 a seat for Morrissey in 2019?

I can afford it and I'm not doing it.

I did not think tickets would be this much. Unfortunately too much for my wallet. I will have to settle for YouTube videos of Morrissey in his Prime. I can still be happy there is new music coming soon. I will try again Friday.

i bought a plane ticket and a paid for a hotel room for his 50th b'day concerts in manchester 10 years ago (my profile pic is from that trip). but even though i live in NYC, i cannot justify $400 to see him on broadway.

I had the same experience. Only a few orchestra seats offered between $279-$399. And that's before fees which probably are $30-$40 per ticket. Pretty poor presale.

i bought a plane ticket and a paid for a hotel room for his 50th b'day concerts in manchester 10 years ago (my profile pic is from that trip). but even though i live in NYC, i cannot justify $400 to see him on broadway.

Same, I was planning buying tickets for my wife and daughter (who was due to see him in Castlfield) but can’t justify those prices plus air fare

Yeah, I've probably seen him a 100 times by now but this presale was awful.

14th row back for $423 per ticket with fees. NOPE.

If I were getting first or second row I'd rationalize it, but...

his 2009 bowery ballroom show was MUCH more intimate (575 capacity) and i only paid like $150 for that!
plus, i also got to see him at carnegie hall (wearing a tux).
so i can skip broadway, this time.

400 dollars for one ticket, after waiting in virtual line for 30 minutes? no thanks. HUGE bummer. :(

I had a pair in the cart for Friday night, on the side
$900 for 2?
I bailed
I'm not that rich
Thanks Moz. Hope the new house is nice.

Had a pair in the cart, then saw $900 for the total
No way
Bailed
Hope the indoor pool in the new house is nice, Mozzer

:rolleyes:

:lbf:

:laughing:

:rofl:

SurfaceNDSP wouldnt go if tickets were free as hes broke and wouldnt have the funds
to fetch a bottle of spring water.
Hes always 'about' to buy this or that but always end up in the public library while
Moz is SELLING OUT BROADWAY:bow::bow:

what a twat.:tiphat:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom