Morrissey on Broadway - May 2–11 residency (Lunt-Fontanne Theatre) - Playbill

Morrissey, the British singer-songwriter whose baritone voice has become part of the cultural fabric, will come to Broadway.

The former frontman of The Smiths will play Lunt-Fontanne Theatre in residency May 2–11 in conjunction with the release of his latest album, a collection of '60s and '70s covers titled California Son, set to drop May 24 through Étienne Records/BMG.

Tickets go on sale March 8 at MorrisseyOfficial.com.

http://www.playbill.com/article/morrissey-will-come-to-broadway-this-may

An anonymous person posted the link with the promo image / dates (May 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11):

Morrissey Announces Broadway Residency - Broadway World

46462_may2019NYC.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon if Uncle Steve and Aunt Nancy are going to visit Ellis Island and see if they can find Uncle Steve's parents signatures when they emigrated from the Republic of Ireland and Aunt Nancy's grandparents from Italy. I reckon Uncle Steve's parents moved to Moz Angeles and ended up in the San Fernando Valley because of how the Morrisseys love the sun and warm weather mate inn n nn nn n nnn n din't n n it.

Morrissey USA.jpg

Vegan Cro Spirit you are a true Morrissey fan through and through.

The love and respect you have for Morrissey the artist and Morrissey as a person is wonderful. I like how you stand up for Morrissey. You have his back.

I know that you have seen Morrissey live probably countless times. I don't understand why Surface is saying that you have never been to a live show.

I wonder if Surface has ever met Morrissey in person. I bet if Surface did meet Morrissey he wouldn't talk about politics and he would be polite.

Vegan has never seen Morrissey or any other band for that matter, he is a sad online troll, who was born to some drug addict. He Is a very pale overweight individual due to lack of sunlight and exercise. He has no friends, no family and will die a sad unmarried virgin, all due to his sad troll addiction. Maybe he should get help while there is still time.

I find it funny people will pay over a grand to see , some pop stars(lady gaga,k.perry,bruno, etc.) and even old has been classic rock like the Stones,F mac,elton,eagles. But when a Real singer,lyricist , and definitely the most passionate singer ever comes, they complain about $400. tickets. Its 2019 not 1985 in what looks like a gorgeous theater. Who knows, this could be his last to tour ever ,he isnt getting younger .pay the prices or go to bed

Clock on the wall ,is making fun of us all.

I find it funny people will pay over a grand to see , some pop stars(lady gaga,k.perry,bruno, etc.) and even old has been classic rock like the Stones,F mac,elton,eagles. But when a Real singer,lyricist , and definitely the most passionate singer ever comes, they complain about $400. tickets. Its 2019 not 1985 in what looks like a gorgeous theater. Who knows, this could be his last to tour ever ,he isnt getting younger .pay the prices or go to bed

Clock on the wall ,is making fun of us all.

I hear what you are saying but the difference is, the others you mention have many millions of fans and can therefore charge extortionate for their crap, whereas Morrissey has thousands of fans, many who may not be able to afford the prices he charges today.

Difference is, the others you mention have many millions of fans, whereas Morrissey has thousands.
The thing is their careers last 5 years where Morrissey has lasted well....you know ,along time..... and we are talking with new songs here, not tours with no new material. And its Morrissey choice to play smaller more elegant venue, it's what makes him a CHARMING man, personally I'm glad he never commercialized or sold out to radio gags. Which the rest did

The thing is their careers last 5 years where Morrissey has lasted well....you know ,along time..... and we are talking with new songs here, not tours with no new material. And its Morrissey choice to play smaller more elegant venue, it's what makes him a CHARMING man, personally I'm glad he never commercialized or sold out to radio gags. Which the rest did

The first Three have already been going for over 10 years, you know, a long time and still counting and the last four a lot longer than Morrissey.

New songs, small venues or whatever, it’s a lot of money and more than some people can afford.

here in the us morrissey has many fans who tend to the more professional side of employment and on the uper end of the economic ladder. his fanbase here may be smaller than the stones but its bigger than many people think. especiaslly in ny do all of these factors matter as they all sorta converge there. its a wealthy city full of wealthy people which is why he charges more there with more exspensive options and say forty to fifty in pa. the bottom line i think though is that each of those artists concerts are charging what they think they can get just like the stones or peter hook who obviously work on different levels. you can still see morrissey for less just maybe not at a special residency in ny

Vegan Cro Spirit you are a true Morrissey fan through and through.

The love and respect you have for Morrissey the artist and Morrissey as a person is wonderful. I like how you stand up for Morrissey. You have his back.

I know that you have seen Morrissey live probably countless times. I don't understand why Surface is saying that you have never been to a live show.

I wonder if Surface has ever met Morrissey in person. I bet if Surface did meet Morrissey he wouldn't talk about politics and he would be polite.

Of course Surface aka namedroppingsockpuppet has never seen Moz. Never will as he is dead broke on the dole since puberty.:lbf:
hes going to take the concord to attend Wicked:lbf::lbf: (hes going to down several pints and watch highlites on the internet:lbf:)

only way he would meet Moz would be dressed up as Madame Edna.:princess:

Hes a very annoying Skinny sock puppet. Very dense:thumbsdown:
a disgrace even to sock puppets.:straightface: dont know how Skinny managed to cook this one up:lbf:

here in the us morrissey has many
fans who tend to the more professional side of employment and on the uper end of the economic ladder. his fanbase here may be smaller than the stones but its bigger than many people think. especiaslly in ny do all of these factors matter as they all sorta converge there. its a wealthy city full of wealthy people which is why he charges more there with more exspensive options and say forty to fifty in pa. the bottom line i think though is that each of those artists concerts are charging what they think they can get just like the stones or peter hook who obviously work on different levels. you can still see morrissey for less just maybe not at a special residency in ny

Moz is a world class artist. this is why he is having this prestigious Broadway series. And, LUXURY travel packages with many amenities. he has world class stature.:bow:

now.....switch to the hero of the roach motel::handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:

cant the contrast be any clearer?:clap:

(at least Cometry can finagle a tiny gig or two, Hooky is done for the duration. Finito):whip:

Gave up front row seats because they were $430 each but they were available for a good six minutes testing my willpower

just got my tickets for the may 3rd show on the live nation presale going on now. $111 a piece, with fees. that's more like it. they are in the mezzanine, but i'll live. :) today's presale code is: MASHUP if you didn't already know. ok bye.

LIVENATION PRESALE
code: MASHUP
ticket prices (for seats off to the side) were a bit more reasonable. there were rows C, D, etc for $155. they went quickly.
i snagged row L, off to the right side for $155.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom