Morrissey on Broadway - May 2–11 residency (Lunt-Fontanne Theatre) - Playbill

Morrissey, the British singer-songwriter whose baritone voice has become part of the cultural fabric, will come to Broadway.

The former frontman of The Smiths will play Lunt-Fontanne Theatre in residency May 2–11 in conjunction with the release of his latest album, a collection of '60s and '70s covers titled California Son, set to drop May 24 through Étienne Records/BMG.

Tickets go on sale March 8 at MorrisseyOfficial.com.

http://www.playbill.com/article/morrissey-will-come-to-broadway-this-may

An anonymous person posted the link with the promo image / dates (May 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11):

Morrissey Announces Broadway Residency - Broadway World

46462_may2019NYC.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Got row K on Mezzanine for $99 each, $223 with fees, for 7th May. Panicked a bit when I went via Live Nation and it then took me to Ticketmaster? Really easy, one person in front of me and loads to choose from. Daughters going to be very happy.

does this have a block feature so i can block this asshole's posts?

Somehow there are oddly priced Orchestra seats for $125 so I imagine they are obstructed view?

does this have a block feature so i can block this asshole's posts?

Somehow there are oddly priced Orchestra seats for $125 so I imagine they are obstructed view?

I assume you mean the site moron Vegan, just type unregistered users in the block section in your profile, although you will still see his posts when someone responds to him,which is very rare thankfully.

Last edited:
vegan. It's one thing if it were funny, but they are just a twat.

I sucked it up and got 3rd row for the last night. He better be f***ing amazing.

I sucked it up and got 3rd row for the last night. He better be f***ing amazing.

Wonder why they call it a pre sale, looked to me like I could book any available seat?

:rolleyes:

WtF? NDSP sock puppeting with himself again.:lbf:

:crazy:

If anybody thinks Johnny Marr is joining him then they should talk to the man in the alley around the corner from the venue about buying the Brooklyn Bridge. I hear it's going cheap.

if :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: wants to go to the Moz show he need to buy a ticket.:lbf:

What a difference a day makes. Tons of tickets available now for the weeknight shows. Less for the weekend shows. Orchestra seats are $279-$399. All of the front mezz seats are $279. The rear mezz seats are $99-$155. All prices before fees. And I'll stand by my statement yesterday that these presale prices will not be any different tomorrow when the general public onsale starts.

Be aware that there is a maximum of six tickets total per mailing address for the entire presale. That's the mailing address on your credit card. So changing cards and/or TM accounts will not get around the maximum of six tickets.

I'll be going opening night plus two others. Please Moz make this more special than the YouTube videos opener followed by the usual static 1 hr 20 min setlist. Thanks!

Last edited:
Bad news - Those premium seats will still cost $399 on Friday. The premium pricing does not end with the presale.

What's interesting is that the premium prices extend to orchestra row P. This means that a large portion of the orchestra will be at least $399. The first few rows will likely be even more expensive. Front Mezzanine will also likely be premium priced. I'm guessing that about 50% of the seats (750 of 1500) will be at least $399.

Is Moz that popular? I have my doubts. Springsteen on Broadway was even more expensive, and lasted for 236 shows, but he's in a different stratosphere in terms of popularity amongst the masses.

crickets

What a difference a day makes. Tons of tickets available now for the weeknight shows. Less for the weekend shows. Orchestra seats are $279-$399. All of the front mezz seats are $279. The rear mezz seats are $99-$155. All prices before fees. And I'll stand by my statement yesterday that these presale prices will not be any different tomorrow when the general public onsale starts.

Be aware that there is a maximum of six tickets total per mailing address for the entire presale. That's the mailing address on your credit card. So changing cards and/or TM accounts will not get around the maximum of six tickets.

I'll be going opening night plus two others. Please Moz make this more special than the YouTube videos opener followed by the usual static 1 hr 20 min setlist. Thanks!

I managed to get mezzanine seats for $99. Daughters over the moon 5 days in New York, and off to see Wicked and Morrissey. It’s made up for her disappointment over the Castlefirld cancellation. Wife’s looking forward to it as well as she’s only seen Morrissey twice, although one of those was an amazing gig at the ballroom in Blackpool. Shame I have to stay at home looking after the dog!!

I managed to get mezzanine seats for $99. Daughters over the moon 5 days in New York, and off to see Wicked and Morrissey. It’s made up for her disappointment over the Castlefirld cancellation. Wife’s looking forward to it as well as she’s only seen Morrissey twice, although one of those was an amazing gig at the ballroom in Blackpool. Shame I have to stay at home looking after the dog!!

:rolleyes:
that was quick. seconds after i predicted.:crystalball::eyes:
'i have to stay at home looking after the dog' LOL as predicted.:lbf:

The first Three have already been going for over 10 years, you know, a long time and still counting and the last four a lot longer than Morrissey.

New songs, small venues or whatever, it’s a lot of money and more than some people can afford.
Come on let's be real here Gaga first lp was the only thing from the 3 I'd listen to , just because the radio population here the music over and over and over and they think that's all the music there is ,does not make them good ,hell the stones have been playing for centuries but nothing even worth recording , but mainstream wants it so they put the SHIT out , come on you heard the crap. Get off the gizzle

Live nation code?

Marr and Morrissey have talked several times over the years. Marr said on his book tour that there is no animosity between them. Not out of the question that Marr could show up, or less likely but Moz could show up at one of Johnny's dates.

The only possibility for JM to show up for the Lunt-Fontanne run would be the first night (May 2nd), as that is the date that coincides with a gap in JM's schedule:

May 01 (Wed)
Moz = no performance
Marr = Wellmont Theater Montclair, NJ]
* May 02 (Thr) *
Moz = Night #1
Marr = no performance
May 03 (Fri)
Moz = Night #2
Marr = Fete Music Hall, Providence, RI
May 04 (Sat)
Moz = Night #3
Marr = College Street Music Hall, New Haven, CT