Morrissey on Broadway? What can be expected?

crotty32

Hi,I'm from London and have been lucky to have the opportunities to have Morrissey many times but because I can't afford New York this year I believe that these concerts will be legendary.I have seen Morrissey 3 times at the London Palladium and they were magnificent.Does anyone think that these series of concerts will differ from recent concerts by that I mean rare tracks sung,acoustic tracks,orchestral tracks? Maybe I'm naive but truly believe that as a singer/songwriter/artist he will cement his deserved reputation as a unique talent.

He did residency in the past (Forum and Roundhouse in London, LA and Australia).
It's not different from other shows.

He did residency in the past (Forum and Roundhouse in London, LA and Australia).
It's not different from other shows.

I went to one of the the Roundhouse gigs and I'm glad I had tickets for the first night seeing as he cancelled some of them due to a sore throat. The best thing about those gigs was that he was really mixing up the set list on each night. Highlights for me on the first night were, he opened with How soon is now, played Billy Budd, which has always been one of my favourites and ended with Playboys. It was one of the best gigs of the 30 + times I have seen him.

I reckon The California Son and Aunt Nancy will get deported back to Moz Angeles when they go to Tony's Giant New York Pizza and try to order potato tacos with extra guac mate inn nn nnn n dint't n n it.

Does anyone think that these series of concerts will differ from recent concerts by that I mean rare tracks sung,acoustic tracks,orchestral tracks?

Essentially, no.

I mean - over the entire run, I expect there to be one or two rarities that get wheeled out, or maybe he'll sing a few lines of some appropriate cover song. He might wear a suit. That's about it.

95% of it will be a standard Morrissey show, complete with YouTube pre-show support - just in a fancy venue. If that's what you are expecting, you won't be disappointed. Just don't expect huge musical numbers, with dancers, special scenery and a guest appearance from Johnny Marr, cos it aint happening.

I agree that these will be more-or-less regular old Morrissey shows.

Essentially, no.

I mean - over the entire run, I expect there to be one or two rarities that get wheeled out, or maybe he'll sing a few lines of some appropriate cover song. He might wear a suit. That's about it.

95% of it will be a standard Morrissey show, complete with YouTube pre-show support - just in a fancy venue. If that's what you are expecting, you won't be disappointed. Just don't expect huge musical numbers, with dancers, special scenery and a guest appearance from Johnny Marr, cos it aint happening.
Potentially unheard songs

I had really hoped he might come out as Mister Mistoffelees.
Glad you got it @Ketamine Sun ! I really amused myself with that one and it just sat out there with no laughs for days!
B4FD5C5D-7BC9-4E1E-A02E-27533EE93BC9.png

Sycophants squeezing their smelly selves between the front row seats and the stage because they are on a list and cling to a dead dream from more than twenty years ago.

True enough left nut, but what about when Moz rolls out billie joe in a Gaga-git-up, lit up like Times Square.....Billie as Scarlet O'Hara and Mozzy as Rett Butler and the git wed up.

Back
Top Bottom