Morrissey on "Larry King Now" (Aug. 17, 2015 - airdate Aug. 19, 2015) - reminder/reports

UPDATE Aug. 19:

Interview / performance is up at Ora.tv. (23:58)

Interview and performance clips on YouTube now, link posted by SandyT:

LarryKingNow videos - YouTube

Morrissey Performs "Kiss Me A Lot"
Morrissey Opens Up About Ongoing Battle With Depression
Morrissey Takes On GOP, Trump, Obama and Law Enforcement
Morrissey Talks TSA "Groping" Incident
Morrissey Opens Up About Cancer Diagnosis
Morrissey Slams The "Brutal" Music Business, TV Talent Shows
Sneak Peek

UPDATE Aug. 21:

Behind the Scenes with Morrissey and Larry King - Ora.tv - Aug. 20, 2015

UPDATE Aug. 18:

Morran sends the link:

Larry King interview - true-to-you.net
18 August 2015

Morrissey's interview with Larry King will be broadcast tomorrow (Wednesday) on Russia Today news channel, and can also be seen on Ora.TV, and also on Hulu.com TV channel.

UPDATE 9:10 PM PT:

Link posted by an anonymous person, from farkomalarco / Instagram:

Holding court with the king... The king of suspenders that is. Show coming this Wednesday. #LarryKingShow #Morrissey #MyHermanos

larryking_and_band.jpg

UPDATE 11:50 AM PT:

Airdate is Aug. 19 according to the tweet, link posted by Detritus:

Morrissey is the scheduled guest on "Larry King Now" today (Aug. 17, 2015)

*NEW* episodes of “Larry King Now” are posted at 2PM ET online - but you can watch them after they premiere online anytime on Ora.TV & Hulu.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited:
why all the Hillary Clinton love? she is an absolute terror. I mean he cant be so obtuse as to think she'd be good for the world. looks what she did in north Africa and the middle east as secretary of state! Morrissey is great but his political sense sucks. i am scared of both the republican and democrats in 2016. God help us. Horrible choices from both sides.

World peace is none of your business indeed.

I was surprised when he said they all look the same and then said we were ready for Hillary he didn't mention Sanders who looks nothing like any of them and isn't in the pockets of big business that owns Washington.

Why did he say he has cancer?
He apparently has Barrett's Esophagus, and undergoes regular scrapings (biopsies) to check for cancerous cells.

Dysplasia vs. carcinoma in situ vs. invasive carcinoma

Cervical Dysplasia illustrations showing CIN pathology.
These terms are related since they represent three stages in the progression of many malignant tumors of the epithelium. The likelihood of the development to cancer is related to the degree of dysplasia:

Dysplasia is the earliest form of pre-cancerous lesion which pathologists can recognize in a pap smear or in a biopsy. Dysplasia can be low grade or high grade (see "Carcinoma in situ" below). The risk of low grade dysplasia transforming into high grade dysplasia, and eventually cancer, is low. Treatment is usually straightforward. High grade dysplasia represents a more advanced progression towards malignant transformation.

Carcinoma in situ, meaning "cancer in place", represents the transformation of a neoplastic lesion to one in which cells undergo essentially no maturation, and thus may be considered cancer-like. In this state, epithelial cells have lost their tissue identity and have reverted to a primitive cell form that grows rapidly and with abnormal regulation for the tissue type. However, this form of cancer remains localized, and has not invaded past the basement membrane into tissues below the surface.

Invasive carcinoma is the final step in this sequence. It is a cancer which has invaded beyond the basement membrane and has potential to metastasize (spread to other parts of the body). Invasive carcinoma can usually be treated, but not always successfully. However, if it is left untreated, it is almost always fatal.

I was surprised when he said they all look the same and then said we were ready for Hillary he didn't mention Sanders who looks nothing like any of them and isn't in the pockets of big business that owns Washington.

and they have probably indicated they found irregular cells

I think it has to do with the way "interview" is defined. I would classify his appearance on the Colbert Report as more of a guest spot than a true interview. Speaking for 5 minutes answering three questions briefly is not the same as what did Larry King. More substantive and Morrissey-centric.

How about that MTV interview with Zane Lowe to promote YOR? That was even longer than Larry King!

Morrissey finally got some long deserved attention and wasn't only a musical guest spot on a late night show. His intelligence and vulnerabilities were on display, and for me it was perfect. His music is a window into his heart and mind and I hope he sees how he is positively received by so many. I wish now he would do a bigger interview - no offense to Mr. King.

How about that MTV interview with Zane Lowe to promote YOR? That was even longer than Larry King!

Forgot about that. I am not up on all of Morrissey's televised appearances, but I do remember that one in particular as I believe the gentleman new quite a lot about him and his music, but I only remember him discussing the album and his music not anything personal away from the topic at hand. Larry asked a variety of questions (even if written for him) and covered a diverse number of topics that I believe fall under the category of a true interview. Again picking nits, but I believe a distinction exists between the two.

Dysplasia vs. carcinoma in situ vs. invasive carcinoma

Cervical Dysplasia illustrations showing CIN pathology.
These terms are related since they represent three stages in the progression of many malignant tumors of the epithelium. The likelihood of the development to cancer is related to the degree of dysplasia:

Dysplasia is the earliest form of pre-cancerous lesion which pathologists can recognize in a pap smear or in a biopsy. Dysplasia can be low grade or high grade (see "Carcinoma in situ" below). The risk of low grade dysplasia transforming into high grade dysplasia, and eventually cancer, is low. Treatment is usually straightforward. High grade dysplasia represents a more advanced progression towards malignant transformation.

Carcinoma in situ, meaning "cancer in place", represents the transformation of a neoplastic lesion to one in which cells undergo essentially no maturation, and thus may be considered cancer-like. In this state, epithelial cells have lost their tissue identity and have reverted to a primitive cell form that grows rapidly and with abnormal regulation for the tissue type. However, this form of cancer remains localized, and has not invaded past the basement membrane into tissues below the surface.

Invasive carcinoma is the final step in this sequence. It is a cancer which has invaded beyond the basement membrane and has potential to metastasize (spread to other parts of the body). Invasive carcinoma can usually be treated, but not always successfully. However, if it is left untreated, it is almost always fatal.

omg , it so obvious he played the cancer card because he felt unloved. We love you Morrissey and we do know you so stop saying "but we don't know you".

OMG ! He doesn't havc Cancer !
I prayed to God for him and now this ! What a Penis !
Benny was right all along ! Anything for attention it seems.

Manic Manc

Forgot about that. I am not up on all of Morrissey's televised appearances, but I do remember that one in particular as I believe the gentleman new quite a lot about him and his music, but I only remember him discussing the album and his music not anything personal away from the topic at hand. Larry asked a variety of questions (even if written for him) and covered a diverse number of topics that I believe fall under the category of a true interview. Again picking nits, but I believe a distinction exists between the two.

I made a thread bit ago that had ten TV appearances in the last ten years all in the same spot for easy access and catch up. I believe that one is n there if you want to see it and not search around.

Also yes they found cancerous cell but apparently not tumors which would be I guess when you are considered to have cancer though of course mos is not a doctor and it confusing even for us and we don't have to deal with having it

I often get the feeling that when it comes to politics he often isn't educated beyond the odd headline, pet cause, or stories large enough as to be inescapable.

It's kind of like the college student that wants to debate on the big issues, but can only bring a couple of points to the argument due to lack of real study, despite a wealth of readily available information.

Last edited:
Yes...at the time he was devastated. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Fair enough. Morrissey's reaction to the Smiths' break-up seems similar to what divorcees often go through... a devastating period, followed by an almost forced need to recognize that it was for the best, no matter whether you were the one who wanted the divorce or not. Hindsight is 20/20, but there's also an emotional if not existential need to give whatever happened in the past a sense of purpose and rightness and meaning.

Anyhow. A year or two ago I read through those interviews and was struck by how, when read as a whole, he just seemed so lost and sad, in a way that didn't strike me when I read them contemporaneously....

I wouldn't expect him to be devastated now, but to pretend it was a relief when it happened just isn't true. Unless you're Johnny Marr, who probably was relieved.

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect him to be devastated now, but to pretend it was a relief when it happened just isn't true. Unless you're Johnny Marr, who probably was relieved.

Well that's just it, for me, anyway. I get that he isn't devastated but I get annoyed when people try to erase or deny that feelings ever existed. If god forbid my spouse and I ever divorced, no matter what happens between us, I can't see myself denying that there was ever great love between us. It would be extremely hurtful and offensive to say "Well, you know, I never really loved him anyway" when everybody would know that wasn't true. (....if that makes any sense at all.... in my mind it does!!)

Fair enough. Morrissey's reaction to the Smiths' break-up seems similar to what divorcees often go through... a devastating period, followed by an almost forced need to recognize that it was for the best, no matter whether you were the one who wanted the divorce or not. Hindsight is 20/20, but there's also an emotional if not existential need to give whatever happened in the past a sense of purpose and rightness and meaning.

Anyhow. A year or two ago I read through those interviews and was struck by how, when read as a whole, he just seemed so lost and sad, in a way that didn't strike me when I read them contemporaneously....

i mean, after reading his book, you can tell Moz is still bitter about the smiths split and sometimes i think he not over it. i don't know, it's just the impression i got after reading autobiography

There were a few eyebrow raising moments (none of the Smiths liked each other? he doesn't hold grudges?) .

Yes, I thought he bore more grudges than lonely high court judges!! :lbf: But seriously, if anybody knows how to hold a grudge, I'd say it's Morrissey. I do love him, but he's FAR from perfect! (like all of us!)

well ill be voting for hillary so far as bernie does not impress me. i like his message but i dont think he has policy experience or the skill to accomplish them.

...that troubled me to hear him say..

He's said the same thing in the past, that he admires people for taking control and just ending their lives, being strong enough to do it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom