Morrissey on "Later... with Jools Holland" (London, Oct. 3, 2017) - reminder / reports

UPDATE Oct. 7:

Posted by an anonymous person:

Posted by docinwestchester:

UPDATE Oct. 6:

Posted by Peanut:

The full show is tomorrow (Sat. 7th) at 11pm on BBC Two, not today as written in OP.

Posted by Springhealedkev:

I was at the Jools Holland show and he did 3 songs. The other 2 are ... ' I wish you lonely ' and 'all the young people must fall in love ' ... got so close to him but yet so far... thought we might see them in the bar after , but no.

Note posted by Johnny Barleycorn:

This edition is the short version. The full show will be on Friday.

Link to jools.holland.official / Instagram posted by an anonymous person:

40889_morrissey_jools.jpg

Last edited:
It's a boring song that really hums along going nowhere. Very mediocre lyrics that seem out of step with time. I keep waiting for a bold Grand Proclamation but all we get is The News contrives to frighten us. We all know already, right? Nothing new there.
Luckily some of the others from the BBC Live performance were promising.
I look forward to the album for sure.

It's pointless arguing about what constitutes a good or bad album or song, we will never agree.
It's a matter of taste, opinion, etc.
All I will say is that if this was the first material I had heard by a new artist, I would not listen again nor would I buy their album, and that to me is a good enough barometer, irrespective of Morrissey's brilliance in the past.

As for the past, well the past never dies, nobody will ever take that away from us, no matter how hard Morrissey himself may try.

My problem with the new song is the lack of wit and strong melody. You can hum First of the Gang, the More you Ignore me or even You have killed me. This one I can't. You do get the hint of melody but it truncates before it gets going. There's an unwanted rush to the limp chorus that annoys in the worst possible way. It's hog-tied to itself. The lyrics and notion of spending a life/day in bed really don't say much to me. "No bus, no boss, no rain, no train" is just schoolboy antics really. Did Bart Simpson write that?

Apparently Moz did sing 'All the young people' and ' I wish you lonely' on the show. Looking forward to hearing them again.

I was at the Jools Holland show and he did 3 songs. The other 2 are ... ' I wish you lonely ' and 'all the young people must fall in love ' ... got so close to him but yet so far... thought we might see them in the bar after , but no.

Excellent news! And quite a relief...

Last edited:
Hoping they polished up "all the young people..." a bit because the version from Monday was a bit rough around the edges! It has potential but wasn't sold on the first attempt at it.

You're sweet. Yes, Quando, of course I agree with g23 and Ket too.

However that doesn't mean that I don't reserve my right to be a little bit sniffly, sometimes. Weather must not have agreed with me today. Or something. ;)
Sure we all get sniffy sometimes. I got sniffy in a pub once and came within an inch of getting my limbs reassembled. Then I had a flash of sobriety and admitted i was in the wrong. Didnt get a kicking and escaped nicely.

Hoping they polished up "all the young people..." a bit because the version from Monday was a bit rough around the edges! It has potential but wasn't sold on the first attempt at it.

The whole performance at Maida Vale was rancid. The one song from Jools so far sounded much, much better.

Sure we all get sniffy sometimes. I got sniffy in a pub once and came within an inch of getting my limbs reassembled. Then I had a flash of sobriety and admitted i was in the wrong. Didnt get a kicking and escaped nicely.
You completely misread my post, but it's unimportant. Too inconsequential to explain the whole thing, but I definitely didn't say what you thought I said. It's ok, nevermind.

Your point is Morrissey's political beliefs are complicated and contradictory, therefore there must be something wrong with him mentally. Also a nice jab at the mentally ill as if they don't have enough problems to deal without being maligned as people who aren't up to the level you operate at. You clearly know nothing about issues concerning mental health. Lucky you.

Having contradictory political beliefs doesn’t necessarily mean you have mental health problems. The vast percentage of voters in democratic countries will vote for different parties over their lifetimes. If they didn’t the same party would get in time and time again.

Obama needed a lot of whites to get him to the Oval Office twice. Many of those same people, plus women, blacks and Hispanics decided Hillary wasn’t for them and voted for Donald Trump.

Apparently Moz did sing 'All the young people' and ' I wish you lonely' on the show. Looking forward to hearing them again.

Until Saturday night. Satiate the need.

Here’s your chosen illusion

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom