Morrissey on Norway Massacre/Fast Food Companies - Bigmmouth Strikes Again

It's hard to try and pretend that a chicken holds as much value as a human. In your honor I will eat one today. Let me know if you want a picture of my lunch plate.

But Morrissey's right that KFC is shit.

Chick-fil-A, on the other hand, is pretty damn good.

Cows agree!

eat_more_chickensized.jpg

It's clear that Morrissey holds animals in the same regard as humans.
To paraphrase him from Channel 4's documentary The Importance Of Being Morrissey

If you love animals, obviously it doesn’t make sense to hurt them. There was a very famous television documentary on British Television. It was about the usual abattoir/slaughter situation, and it horrified me. Because obviously it was very, very rare to see any abattoir footage. They still rarely show things like that on British Television for some reason. So that was the turning point for me. And I always looked at animals and thought they were very much like children and they looked to us always to help them and save them and protect them. Then I could see all these animals being led and assuming they were being led to safety and being organized by human beings—and then, of course, being butchered—very simple

The guy obviously holds animals in the same regard as human life, he compares them to children, so for him to say this is hardly surprising. Insensitive yeah, but not from his perspective/mindset.

I don't expect anyone to get this explanation, it's just soul mathematics, a weird topic.

I really had no idea Derek Acorah was a Morrissey fan.

I'm not a medium. I'm an extra large. :cool:

But he didn't just compare the two, he claimed animal abuse was worse...

Yeah exactly
The massacre in his mind was a one of incident of tragedy whereas animals (that he sees like children) and mass slaughtered everyday.
I'm not saying I agree with him, but that's the logic he's applying here

I see the logic. he is right. Life is life. The only reason why i don't go around slaughtering people to eat them is because the same person i eat could be a doctor that saves my life in the future or a cab driver which i need in the middle of the night etc.

In Asia they eat your dog for dinner or your cat.

And what about the slaughtering of the Iraqis which no one gives a shit about.

I see the logic. he is right. Life is life. The only reason why i don't go around slaughtering people to eat them is because the same person i eat could be a doctor that saves my life in the future or a cab driver which i need in the middle of the night etc.

In Asia they eat your dog for dinner or your cat.

And what about the slaughtering of the Iraqis which no one gives a shit about.

Excellent point. Iraqis aren't blonde and white. They are as important as souls to us as the soul we ate for lunch.

I don't see any reason for Morrissey coming to Norway no more. That was going too far.

and has morrissey ever said anything about the iraqis? ..

Morrissey has been, is and will always have controversial views about anything in modern life. That is why, according to me, he is the most hated/loved pop music star of the last 30 years or so.
Cheers Moz

I don't see any reason for Morrissey coming to Norway no more. That was going too far.

and has morrissey ever said anything about the iraqis? ..

Morrissey was not being cold about Norway. I'm sure Morrissey would extend his condolances to the friends and families of 97 people, he's not a f***ing asshole. He does have a "job" here as far as I can tell. To raise awareness of a greater darkness.

Re: your an idiot, morrisey.

Hey, Morrissey...

A couple of weeks ago I had some tasty minke whale meat for dinner. Three days ago I had a nice, bloody rib eye steak. Tomorrow evening I'll probably be having it again, and the next morning when it comes back out as a steaming wad of shit, I'll be aimed directly at one of your albums.
I'll never listen to any of your work again, and I curse the day I paid money to see you on stage.

Any of you c***s have a problem with my spelling?

Morrissey was not being cold about Norway. I'm sure Morrissey would extend his condolances to the friends and families of 97 people, he's not a f***ing asshole. He does have a "job" here as far as I can tell. To raise awareness of a greater darkness.

I'm sure the families that has lost their little kids is very grateful to morrissey for his condolances at this moment.

Even when asked about the comments, didn't he say something like 'My comments speak for itself'? No idea how you can defend him, CG, tbf.

Then I could see all these animals being led and assuming they were being led to safety and being organized by human beings—and then, of course, being butchered—very simple

Here's one of the many puppies entrusted to PETA, who had represented that they would try and adopt the dogs out.

CaughtInTheAct.jpg

Instead, PETA immediately killed the dogs in their van and chucked their bodies into a dumpster behind a Piggy Wiggly.

I'd imagine those little dogs had hoped they were in loving hands -- and then they were killed. By people for whom Morrissey advertises.

Nothing has changed since then :

PETA's "Animal Record" report for 2010, which the animal rights group itself filed with the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, shows that PETA employees killed 94 percent of the dogs and cats in their care last year. During all of 2010, PETA found adoptive homes for just 44 pets.

Just 44 dogs and cats—out of the 2,345 PETA took in. Those numbers are abysmal, and they and offer little hope for homeless animals to escape perishing on PETA's version of "death row."

Well, at least they've stopped chucking the dead cats and dogs into dumpsters.

I'm sure the families that has lost their little kids is very grateful to morrissey for his condolances at this moment.

There are people far more equipped to be consoling to human tragedy. I don't perceive Morrissey to be a cold person, he is just different. He's not Oprah. We should know this by now.

Even when asked about the comments, didn't he say something like 'My comments speak for itself'? No idea how you can defend him, CG, tbf.

I dunno. We spoke at the staff meeting of our boss who can be a bit of a bitch sometimes, Morrissey said he's tired. He says something off the cuff, or SHE DOES THROUGH HIM and he's stuck defending it to people who take offense at the twist of a word or the slight raise of an eyebrow. I don't know how else to explain it.

It's easiest just to assume that I am defending him because I am insane. :rolleyes:

hermit.gif

Geddit? Geddit? Staff meeting?

Events in Norway suddenly renders Scandinavia a somewhat insensitive lyric. The fact that he still feels fit to perform it does not reflect particularly well on him.

Tags
bigmouth fast food morrissey norway
Back
Top Bottom