Morrissey on Norway Massacre/Fast Food Companies - Bigmmouth Strikes Again

Wow. What a dick statement. Again. How hard is it to either offer condolences like a normal person or simply shut up?

I try to separate art from artist but at some point, everything gets tainted.

What morrissey said wasnt very clever but i dont think he was meaning to disrespect the dead in norway. And also is it just me or is it really cool to slag off moz at the moment? ok he has done some silly things but aint we all?

Funniest thing I read on twitter ...

Breaking News: Chickens and cows to formally request that #Morrissey stop speaking on their behalf.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

f***ing and pussy and cocks make the world go round, it's what got each of us here. If you think otherwise or if loud shameless vocal celebration of such things disgusts you, then you need to grow up and stop being such a f***ing prude. Did he shout it at kids on a playground? No. It was at a rock concert, filled with other adults. Get over it.

What doesn't make the world go round is the insensitive, moronic, borderline psychotic statement about Norway issued by Morrissey. The guy is a f***ing douchebag...an aging, bitter, loony f***. That's all there is to it. The loneliness and sensitivity that once made him artistic and interesting has now degenerated and morphed him into some kind of gay Grinch.

f*** him. If his precious mommy had been in the Norway shooting, I'm sure his pussy ass would be singing a different tune. But since to him it's just statistics who died in an eye-catching headline, he seizes the opportunity to turn it into a PETA propaganda blurb so he stays in the music press rather than be forgotten, which is what WOULD happen to him based simply on his shitty new songs.

The guy is a total shit head. I renounce him.

Actually it was at a fair during fairtime and there were photographs in the paper the next day of people covering their kids ears and exiting the fairgrounds, so yeah, not appropriate. Also not appropriate is a douchebag calling someone a douchebag. :straightface:

Morrissey needs a teacher.

It seems 'ironic' that Morrissey so often has talked about how much loves Scandinavia. Well, maybe he doesn't know what 'love' is. But clearly you wouldn't make such an insensitive comment about someone/thing you loved!?!?!?

I saw him at The Palladium in London a few years ago where he mentioned a cousin of his who had been murdered. Funny then that he at the time didn't compare THAT murder to those of slaughtered animals. Or when he talked of his sadness about Kirsty McColl dying, maybe he should have mentioned that that's alright because compared to all the millions of fish that are being murdered every year, surely one woman dying in a boating accident means absolutely f*** all, especially to her children who shouldn't be upset because more puppy dogs are beaten to death every day than people dying in accidents.

He's making it very difficult to appreciate him. I believe (like many others it seems) that the man is genuinely sick in the head. And not in a 'natural, normal or kind' way.

It's hard to try and pretend that a chicken holds as much value as a human. In your honor I will eat one today. Let me know if you want a picture of my lunch plate.

Am interested in your point on "value"

Do you think the chicken values its life less than a human values its life?

Do you value human life more because as a human you have more empathy and kinship with other humans?

Or do you think we (humans) are more intelligent animals and are therefore in a position to make value judgement on less "evolved" life?

I am going by what someone has actually said.
You're going by what you read on some website. Or were you at the concert yourself?

If I remember correctly, he never said "It's nothing compared to..." but that "Same/Worse things happen everyday...".
He wasn't trying to downplay the massacre, he was saying that what happens to animals is equally horrible. I don't necessarily agree with him but I can see where he's coming from.

I have registered solely to comment on Morrissey's comparison of the violent deaths of the Norwegian children to the fast food companies use of animals. I comment as someone who has been a vegetarian for over 30 years, mainly because I hate the way animals are factory farmed and slaughtered without any respect or care. Morrissey is however clearly lacking in any humanity or empathy if he thinks the two are comparable. His famous misogyny has finally been revealed as less a semi-amusing tag, more a truly terrible indictment of his values and beliefs. He should be thoroughly ashamed.

The kids were probably covering their ears because of his music, not his language.

And as for the douchebag insult, I've never been out to impress you or win your favor; there was a time when I felt I'd been unfairly mean and tried to be amicable and even at one point alert you to portions of your nude image being passed around clandestinely by a pervert, but I've long since seen you live in a f***ing cloudland of Mario Brothers proportions and there's no point talking sense to you. You see what you want to see and believe what you want to believe.

The Middle Earth, Dungeons and Dragons, L. Ron Hubbard, Shirley Maclaine sludge that endlessly spouts from your keyboard is enjoyably and rabidly thrown right back in your face by me. If that makes me a douchebag in your eyes, that's awesome. If you keep spouting it, I'll keep handing you your ass and making you feel like the pretentious sexless fool that you are.

I enjoy it...cause I'm just a mean old troll...Orc...whatever. So until they band me, I'm gonna do my best to make you cry.

Yeah, good luck with that. And you're not a mean old troll, a troll has some wisdom, you just seem to be a bitter drunk. Reel it in is all I'm saying, all you do is hate everything. It's f***ing boring.

Morrissey has been, is and will always have controversial views about anything in modern life. That is why, according to me, he is the most hated/loved pop music star of the last 30 years or so.
Cheers Moz

Yes and how come these "old fans" are getting there limp quiffs in a twist again and again calling for retirement, rolling their eyes, mock horriffed- are you surprised at this sudden militant vegi stance? - really? - He has been playing Meat is Murder for years? - He really means it you know - and he thinks that murder in the meat industry promotes murder amongst humans, the 2 things are linked "We live in a murderous world" murder on the news, murder on the moors, murder on the plate.

That stance and that song have converted many many people to become vegi over the years - possibly amongst Morrissey's crowning achievements. You may not agree with the timing or the choice of words but Morrissey has never been shy about ramming the point home

If you are shocked by these comments then you haven't really been listening or you must think he "lost it" in about 1985?

smiler said:
Am interested in your point on "value"

Do you think the chicken values its life less than a human values its life?

Do you value human life more because as a human you have more empathy and kinship with other humans?

Or do you think we (humans) are more intelligent animals and are therefore in a position to make value judgement on less "evolved" life?

I have never, do not and will never hold chickens to be as valuable as a human life. If I was given the choice to wipe out the chicken population on planet earth to save human lives - go human life.

I have made that viewpoint very clear over the years many times on this forum. Feel free to go back and do the research as the viewpoint has not changed.

You can try and pretend that you are above it all, enlightened or whatever. It is food, and damn tasty food at that. Food to be thrown on a salad, in a sandwich, on a BBQ, mixed in my pad thai or however.

It's a food source - you disagree - hey fine - go silly all you want - I look at it as another meal. Like I said go to the archives if you want to see my thoughts in length on eating meat.

I have never, do not and will never hold chickens to be as valuable as a human life. If I was given the choice to wipe out the chicken population on planet earth to save human lives - go human life.

I have made that viewpoint very clear over the years many times on this forum. Feel free to go back and do the research as the viewpoint has not changed.

You can try and pretend that you are above it all, enlightened or whatever. It is food, and damn tasty food at that. Food to be thrown on a salad, in a sandwich, on a BBQ, mixed in my pad thai or however.

It's a food source - you disagree - hey fine - go silly all you want - I look at it as another meal. Like I said go to the archives if you want to see my thoughts in length on eating meat.

I understand how you feel but i am interested in why you feel that way? - Why do you see animals as a "food source"? how are you able to make that judgement and why not eat humans too? re-read my other post - I am asking what is the logic? Is it one or more of the three i suggested or another reason?

Last edited:
One time a few years ago a troll was harassing me about my dog who was sick and he asked if he was dead yet. I posted a photograph of my dead dog's body in his grave. I caught HELL for that, but I didn't care what anyone thought, I was battling the troll. It's that fighting gear.

I don't hate everything, buddy. I like a lot of stuff.

But you're right, I'm just an idiot and a drunk. That must be it. Easier to write me off that way. I'm sure your random over the top criticism of me lately has nothing to do with what I say about you hitting a little too close to home.

But why even waste time responding to me? Don't you have another 261 frinktastic pictures of Morrissey to post? C'mon...rub one out, you'll feel better!

Well, I just did about 20 minutes ago, I like to wait at least an hour between.

The thing about death is that it affects those left behind far far more than the dead chicken/norwegian kid/Amy winehouse etc.
I would argue that humans feel this loss in a profound way more than most animals .

I love his music but he is a c*** of the highest order.
I'm sure Picasso was one too but made great art.

However,even Morrissey's muse seems to have vacated this unhappy planet for the time being.

I still put a lot if faith in Tony Wilson & Peter Hook's opinion
of him as a person.

Goddammit, why do you have to go and say something genuinely funny when I'm in the middle of trying to be an asshole to you...

:D Sorry.

Tags
bigmouth fast food morrissey norway
Back
Top Bottom