Morrissey on Norway Massacre/Fast Food Companies - Bigmmouth Strikes Again

anon x said:
Can you unban Morrissey the 23rd?Would love to hear his opinion on all of this.

Rumor has it that he was one of those to point out to event staff and security that David was in the building. I do not know if that rumor is true mind you as only a few people would be able to verify that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Theo said:
Since the world is coming down about 99.9% against Morrissey on this one, I was wondering if the usually silent band members stand behind Morrissey's statement and its timing.

Here's Boz's new Facebook pic (anti-McDonalds t shirt):

Plus, Boz comments:

Make of it what you will.

Theo in all honesty I would not want Boz to make a public statement. I am very good friends with my boss - I get a lot of leeway with how I speak to her.

However when it comes to the job at hand, if I have a disagreement I take it up privately and do not express my discontent to anyone below me or in public. There is a food chain when it comes to employment that many people do not observe.

Missed my train by the way - damn - sitting here waiting for the next one in a half hour is a pain in the ass.

I may have missed something (I haven't read every post in this thread), but what did Morrissey ACTUALLY say? All the articles say "reportedly" or that he is "quoted as saying."

The last time everyone jumped all over him (Jesus, Morrissey is an eternal trampoline), it was partially due to some reporter's editorializing, not something "factual" at all.

I'm not necessarily defending him, but I want audio.

SHOCK NEWS: MORRISSEY THINKS MEAT IS MURDER.

I mean the other stuff he's been getting up to lately is one thing, but this brand new, totally unheard of before mindset is baffling...
Where's it come from?!

PaleBlueDot said:
SHOCK NEWS: MORRISSEY THINKS MEAT IS MURDER.

I mean the other stuff he's been getting up to lately is one thing, but this brand new, totally unheard of before mindset is baffling...
Where's it come from?!

In other shocking news - Morrissey places the consumption of meat as the larger evil compared to kids in Norway getting killed. THAT is the shocking and offensive part.

In other shocking news - Morrissey places the consumption of meat as the larger evil compared to kids in Norway getting killed. THAT is the shocking and offensive part.

Morrissey views animal life, on the same level as human life clearly.
So for him, the death of animals everyday in slaughterhouses is a tragedy worse than the 97 killed in Norway.
Not saying I agree with him, but it's easy to see what logic he is using. That's his mindset and he is free to his opinion.

PaleBlueDot said:
So for him, the death of animals everyday in slaughterhouses is a tragedy worse than the 97 killed in Norway.
Not saying I agree with him, but it's easy to see what logic he is using. That's his mindset and he is free to his opinion.

Except there should be no surprise when the backlash to that opinion occurs.

I wonder of his behavior costs him a record deal or two.

I have not read all the way through this thread yet...

But the way I see it, Morrissey has more than proven himself to be a giant f***TARD and should be clubbed like a baby seal.

Skylarker said:
Don't bother. You are responding to someone who looks the other way every time something like this happens, simply because she has a crush on him and believes that defending him will somehow link them cosmically as soon as the Blue Fairy comes floating in through the window to grant her wish.

Pinocchio was a brilliant Disney movie by the way.

Hurrah someone who actually gets it

Bluebirds said:
Hurrah someone who actually gets it

Just as I am free to point out what an ass clown he is.

Yes - okay one more time ....Morrissey thinks Meat IS Murder so 97 deaths do not compare to the millions of deaths worldwide everyday - "Its a murderous world..." all murder is the same - THAT is the point you're missing and the point of the song "Meat is Murder" - he has expressed this many times over very clearly it isn't shocking its standard stuff. You find it offensive - others find it inspiring

Yes - okay one more time ....Morrissey thinks Meat IS Murder so 97 deaths do not compare to the millions of deaths worldwide everyday - "Its a murderous world..." all murder is the same - THAT is the point you're missing and the point of the song "Meat is Murder" - he has expressed this many times over very clearly it isn't shocking its standard stuff. You find it offensive - others find it inspiring

I find it retarded.
Meat is food.
Just because he repeats the same thing over and over and over doesn't mean that what he says has any validity whatsoever.
Choosing vegetarianism is one thing; I was one for fifteen years....but comparing it to these horrendous murders is sick.

an utter disgrace

ok, i come from a fairly unique angle here, having grown up in stretford most of my life, at age 44 was the right age to see the smiths from their earliest days at the hacienda and of course realise this new star was one literally of my own and many gigs followed and the smiths will remain an integral part of my life, i will admit to never having been much of a fan of anything morrissey did post-smiths. i stand by this as nothing in his catalogue hasn had anything like the reception the smiths work got, it's a matter of taste, sure, but realistically both morrissey and marr's stars went into decline post their partnership. I always got what morrissey was on about having come from the exact same suburb of manchester as him, went to the same schools, even my cousin anne marie mcveigh (mentioned in johnny rogan's book) was apparantly an object of his affection in teenage years. Here's the the rub, I have lived in Norway, for one reason or another, for the last 8 years.Now I can say that Morrissey's solo work has been artistically irrelevant, period, my belief, but many will disagree, that's okay. It is my view, so it's said, I believe Marr's solo work as an artist has been better, but still in comparison distinctly underwhelming given what you know together they were capable of. What I am angered about and am posting about having never been here before is my total disgust at Morrissey's distasteful remarks nabout the senseless murder of 80+ young people at gunpoint whilst trying to make theirn world a better place, regardless of your ideology they were making an effort, they weren't hanging around spray painting cicvic buildings, they weren't vandalising cars they were on a summer retreat learning about how to make an egalitarian society work, and they were murdered for it. Morrissey a staunch anti-thatcherite should applaud them for this given his experiences as a teenager. however, what he has chosen to do is use the horror of this incident as a platform for his vegetarian views, I am not a vegetarian, but am fully respectful and understanding of that viewpoint. Now to vocalise your views on any particular subject is absolutely right and correct, but, to use it as an appendix on such a heinous crime as he has done has not only made me truly know he is irrelevant, it has tainted any love I still had for his otherwise peerless early work. If you are disgusted by the use of animals as foodstuff for humankind, make your objection, but whilst parents, friends, family are grieving over a truly unspeakable crime it smaks of sensionalism for his own sake. The reason I say this, isn't this the same man who wrote suffer little children? if that was such a compelling subject over and above the rights of animals not to be slaughtered what changed now? There was never any need to compare the issues, they are completely unrelated, and the honest truth, and everyone knows it, it was about publicity. This is an absoloute crime, that any individual artist or otherwise thinks they are more important than another human being. In my opinion Morrissey has shown his true colours here, he considers himself, his needs, his importance over and above that of 80+ murdered schoolkids, his record sales, his popularity is paramount about above the respect of their deaths, what an awful thing. I was without doubt amongst the most fervent Smiths fans ever, not only did their music mean everything to me, they changed my life, they were local boys, I knew what they were on about. To me it was about music, and still is, and I moved on, fondness in my heart forever, but knowing other things lay ahead. I am aware today that the love of Morrissey borders on infatuation and fanatacism, thats okay, no problem, this is music. But what worries me is when people become so infatuated with an individual thateven when they say, or do the most heinous of things we still believe, we do not question and we laud them, as our saviour. You may love his music, you may always love his music, I neeed not tell you the precedent for such adoration of a false demi-god, make your own decisions, But what's wrong is wrong, and when it's this wrong it's your duty to question your heroes motives and say 'enoughs enough'

Re: an utter disgrace

well why dont you explain why idiot, make your case, show some intellect, dont do your best Glenn Beck impression cos that isn't very impressive, your blind following is truly scary, it is albeit a popmstar but the fundamentalism is the same, my god can do no wrong, my intellect is in a box, that's worrying, make your case and show me you have a brain?

Re: an utter disgrace

first off: glen beck would have made a point - I just made a statement. Idiocracy is hardly an issue - your passion towards this incident and vs Morrisey's statements are proof of who is the fanatic. I'm hardly a Moz fanatic - but I find a good connection with a lot of what he says. I think some of the things he says are just to get the discussion going. Whether it's picked up by some tabloids here or there isn't the issue. For instance: Today there was a muslim in the USA who was in the military and was plotting on going to the same base where the muslim doctor slaughtered 15 something people a year ago I think it was... and doing a similar type commando massacre. He was thwarted - like so many plots have been. The people that would have been victims can contemplate their lives rather than just have us watch their families in mourning. What is the meaning of this life? Is it to support a comfortable slaughterhouse industry and continue to live in the illusion of the credit card system that is collapsing? Like I said, Moz's statements [and lyrics] stimulate thinking and discussion. And yes, before you go into another bizarre rant - I do listen to David Icke as well. ta

Last edited:
Tags
bigmouth fast food morrissey norway
Back
Top Bottom