Morrissey on "SesioneS con Alejandro Franco" (Mar. 23, 2018) - reminder / reports

UPDATE June 27, 2019:

Posted by JoeSellMozza (original post):

UPDATE April 27, 2022:

Morrissey live from México (2018)

UPDATE Mar. 24:

Post by Amargo:

Jacky’s Only Happy.../When You Open.../ Spent the day in bed.

No interview.

Morrissey on SesioneS con Alejandro Franco (Mar. 23, 2018) TNT Mexico at 10 pm.
42667_sesiones_ad2.jpg

Last edited:
Some good points Johnny.

I think the reason he continues is that without his music career, what else is there? Living a nomadic life in hotels and having to move on in every so often to minimise his tax payments.

He said in an interview after the release of World Peace words to the effect that offstage, no man, woman or white rhino found
him attractive.

He'll soon be sixty and apart from Jake, does not seem to ever had any significant other. I don't know what his exact relationship with Damon is, but it can't be too fulfilling to be involved with someone you pay to carry your luggage/umbrella and when in public, always walk three steps behind you.
He's definitely had other significant others. Even he admits to an Italian man he 'named' Gelato in Autobiog; then there's Tina Dheghani (if you happen to believe that particular smokescreen, and I'm not sure I do). There was Peter Hogg, pre-Jake, and talk of an unnamed journalist before him. I'm pretty sure he has continued to mine the 'lonely me' seam even when it's no longer true because that's what his mythology is built on. I don't doubt he finds relationships difficult, so in that sense he's probably truthful about his feelings of isolation. You can feel lonely even if you're with someone if it's not giving you what you need.

I'm certain Damon is his significant other - they are seen everywhere together, but you're right, he's always three paces behind. I suspect Morrissey believes that as long as Damon is carrying the bags, the true nature of the relationship can always be denied - or at the very least, left with a question mark hanging over it. What makes me most sad is that they always look so bloody miserable together. Damon, in particular, always looks like a man teetering on the ledge of tall building. I like to think that when they're alone they have a riotously, uproariously fun time of it. But maybe they don't.

He's definitely had other significant others. Even he admits to an Italian man he 'named' Gelato in Autobiog; then there's Tina Dheghani (if you happen to believe that particular smokescreen, and I'm not sure I do). There was Peter Hogg, pre-Jake, and talk of an unnamed journalist before him. I'm pretty sure he has continued to mine the 'lonely me' seam even when it's no longer true because that's what his mythology is built on. I don't doubt he finds relationships difficult, so in that sense he's probably truthful about his feelings of isolation. You can feel lonely even if you're with someone if it's not giving you what you need.

I'm certain Damon is his significant other - they are seen everywhere together, but you're right, he's always three paces behind. I suspect Morrissey believes that as long as Damon is carrying the bags, the true nature of the relationship can always be denied - or at the very least, left with a question mark hanging over it. What makes me most sad is that they always look so bloody miserable together. Damon, in particular, always looks like a man teetering on the ledge of tall building. I like to think that when they're alone they have a riotously, uproariously fun time of it. But maybe they don't.

In this clip Damon smiles and he looks like he is really proud of Moz.

[video]

In this clip Damon smiles and he looks like he is really proud of Moz.

[video]

Once in 5 years isn't much to shout about though, is it? Oh, wait, there was also that time after the Morrissey Day shenanigans when he was dancing in the lift. Good luck to them, I'd like them to be happy. But you have to admit, most of the time he is pretty poker-faced.

Once in 5 years isn't much to shout about though, is it? Oh, wait, there was also that time after the Morrissey Day shenanigans when he was dancing in the lift. Good luck to them, I'd like them to be happy. But you have to admit, most of the time he is pretty poker-faced.
That’s not a poker-face. That’s a bitter melon that’s well past it’s best-before date. No less and no more.

Morrissey’s celibate schtick ceased to intrigue at exactly the same time as his musical output.

Dead talent, squandered for ego. Best of... Most of...

Apparently it's being repeated if anyone feels kind enough to record better versions than the ones that surfaced (assuming you can live with yourselves 'stealing' content):

Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom