Morrissey questionnaire: Melody Maker, 5th January 1991

Been way too long since I'd read that. Thank you ever so kindly. Do you happen to know where one could find the questionnaire from the mid 90s in which he mentions his "lodger"? I remember that one being magnificent as well.

Morrissey, Q questionnaire, January 1995.jpg

I can't get over the fact that he attributed the "bestiality" quote to a writer from the Santa Monica Reporter in this one while in Autobiography he said he witnessed the presenter saying it directly to a news camera.

Here's one more. Maxim Canada, February 2009. I love the Hamish Brown portrait and the tacky graveyard montage.
Swimming lessons at the local baths... He's a real daredevil.

MOZinMaxim-1.jpg

Here's one more. Maxim Canada, February 2009. I love the Hamish Brown portrait and the tacky graveyard montage.
Swimming lessons at the local baths... He's a real daredevil.

View attachment 58958

Thank You.

Moz as a Maxim stunner: Cor!

One of his loveliest couplets ~ "Thundering suavity".
Given its partial debut a year before with his press release announcing his Hyde Park concerts ~ promising "a thundering bill of tight nerves and suavity". He further vowed, "I will take Hyde Park like a flea inhabits a dog". Bring me home and bite me.

Thank You.

Moz as a Maxim stunner: Cor!

One of his loveliest couplets ~ "Thundering suavity".
Given its partial debut a year before with his press release announcing his Hyde Park concerts ~ promising "a thundering bill of tight nerves and suavity". He further vowed, "I will take Hyde Park like a flea inhabits a dog". Bring me home and bite me.

NME, 19 Oct 91 5.jpg

I can't get over the fact that he attributed the "bestiality" quote to a writer from the Santa Monica Reporter in this one while in Autobiography he said he witnessed the presenter saying it directly to a news camera.

That's the last straw. í have put up with alot, but misattribution of bestiality charges is beyond the pale. Fascism is one thing, but..
í am selling The Collection.

Always thought it strange and lovely, him taking his framed pictures outside,
there’s also one of him with (and maybe from the same photo session?) a huge NY Dolls picture. Am I remembering this right?

Rightly so. Moz playing with his Dolls, out the back garden, like we all did...

Morrissey and his dolls, Beech Mount, 5th September 1989.jpg

Always got the idea that he'd just moved in to Beech Mount, and brought Kevin round to play, for that September '89 session. Here are a few of my favourite things...Meet the family...Etc.

He'd deployed his Fury 18 months before, for some "Viva Hate" promotional photographs by Eamonn J McCabe.

Morrissey 1988 Eamonn J McCabe.jpg

Morrissey Eamonn J McCabe 1988 (ii).jpg

Kind of like when you used to take photographs of yourself in front of your favourite posters. In the nip. Or the bushes...Right?

Rightly so. Moz playing with his Dolls, out the back garden, like we all did...

View attachment 58961

Always got the idea that he'd just moved in to Beech Mount, and brought Kevin round to play, for that September '89 session. Here are a few of my favourite things...Meet the family...Etc.

He'd deployed his Fury 18 months before, for some "Viva Hate" promotional photographs by Eamonn J McCabe.

View attachment 58962
View attachment 58963

Kind of like when you used to take photographs of yourself in front of your favourite posters. In the nip. Or the bushes...Right?

I love this narrative. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall during that photo session.

There was a Central post not too long ago that showed the street corner from the Dolls picture the way it looks today along with the same picture of them that he posed with and it made me wonder if that giant poster is still there, somewhere on the walls at Beechmount.

I love this narrative. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall during that photo session.

There was a Central post not too long ago that showed the street corner from the Dolls picture the way it looks today along with the same picture of them that he posed with and it made me wonder if that giant poster is still there, somewhere on the walls at Beechmount.

It's in the Dolls House. Obviously.

Back
Top Bottom