Morrissey Record Store Day vinyl confirmed for August 29, 2020

Rather than bump an old thread, just a quick update to say Honey, You Know Where To Find Me will be part of the 3 'drop' dates for this year's RSD.
The bulk of the remaining RSD products have been shared across 3 dates and Morrissey features on August 29 (the first of those dates).

20200611_183808.jpg

There were some great items by other artists this year too - if you value small, independent record shops, please support them as they slowly reopen.
They will be reeling from not having the event as it was intended and with some artists pulling their products to sell online, things are increasingly difficult for small retailers.
Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Then either you or the record store is stretching their credibility.
No, the record store is doing just fine. There are plenty of other artists to support. If you had a business and ordered a product, watched it sit there gathering dust, marked it down repeatedly only to keep dusting it off, would you order part two of that product? No. They still sell The Smiths, they still make Morrissey available if people want to order it, but they have eliminated the risk for themselves to take a financial hit. That's just simple business.

Edited to include photo from the shop's facebook. Minus the name of the shop because my friend Kit doesn't need to field calls from butthurt Morrissey fans.

45gt7c.jpg

No, the record store is doing just fine. There are plenty of other artists to support. If you had a business and ordered a product, watched it sit there gathering dust, marked it down repeatedly only to keep dusting it off, would you order part two of that product? No. They still sell The Smiths, they still make Morrissey available if people want to order it, but they have eliminated the risk for themselves to take a financial hit. That's just simple business.
You’ll be telling me it doesn’t stock the Paint your Wagon soundtrack next. What kind of American record store is this?

Edited to include photo from the shop's facebook. Minus the name of the shop because my friend Kit doesn't need to field calls from butthurt Morrissey fans.

View attachment 57152
I remember seeing the sleeve of Bryan Ferry’s Dylanesque for the first time—and thinking Morrissey would never have artwork like that.

I’m not sure why, but that memory has just popped into my mind.

Actually, they might! They have a really good soundtrack section. I recently picked up the fantastic planet soundtrack from them.
What a film: showed it to my kids at Xmas, and it became my son’s favourite. Didn’t know you could get the soundtrack, so I will see if it’s on Apple Music now!

What a film: showed it to my kids at Xmas, and it became my son’s favourite. Didn’t know you could get the soundtrack, so I will see if it’s on Apple Music now!
It's a little more samey-same from track to track on record without the film accompanying, but it's one of those soundtracks that never quite sounds the same to me twice despite that.

It's a little more samey-same from track to track on record without the film accompanying, but it's one of those soundtracks that never quite sounds the same to me twice despite that.
I found it on YouTube as it’s not on Apple Music. An album called Ocean by Eloy came up recommended too: what I heard sounded great.

Apparently the band Eloy are well known, and popular, and highly rated. So you should tell Kit as I get the sense he only listens to Sonic Youth.

I found it on YouTube as it’s not on Apple Music. An album called Ocean by Eloy came up recommended too: what I heard sounded great.

Apparently the band Eloy are well known, and popular, and highly rated. So you should tell Kit as I get the sense he only listens to Sonic Youth.
He's more of an Elvis Costello superfan. Beatles, Rolling Stones. He's a bit too old for Sonic Youth, he's been at it at the store since the 1980s.

He's more of an Elvis Costello superfan. Beatles, Rolling Stones. He's a bit too old for Sonic Youth, he's been at it at the store since the 1980s.
Elvis Costello isn’t without his controversy. Be sure to mention this to Kit, at a time when he will find the reminder really annoying.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom