Morrissey recording new Janice Long BBC Radio2 session today ~ Broadcast next week.

Re: Morrissey recording new Janice Long BBC Radio2 session today ~ Broadcast next wee

This really conjures up happy memories of hearing new songs on Janice Long back in 2004 for the first time and how everyone was writing and discussing the lyrics to "Playing Easy to Get" and "Noise is the Best Revenge".

This will be an exciting evening.

Re: Morrissey recording new Janice Long BBC Radio2 session today ~ Broadcast next wee

it is (arguably) a little late in the day to influence how these songs are gonna sound but what I want is ... poetry, subtlety, humour, observation, melancholy, wonderful melodies, irresistable choruses, thoughtful arrangements.
what I don't want is generic, midpaced, mediocre indie pop, kegs between legs, x miles of shit/puke, being entered with a key, vague nonsense about 'the heart', gripes about the legal system etc.

go on Moz plus band - you can do it!

I want the songs to sound like The Smiths! No messing about! If they don't feature any interesting guitar riffs or any jangle pop or interesting lyrics, then I'm off!

An hour left peeps!!!

I want the songs to sound like The Smiths! No messing about! If they don't feature any interesting guitar riffs or any jangle pop or interesting lyrics, then I'm off!

Good luck with that...

Re: Virtual listening party in 1 hour!

I'm here, I'm here, I'm here.

Evening all, MBB returns...

Here.

I'm excited! Janice just said it all came together very quickly and the tracks were laid down within an hour.

Re: Virtual listening party in 1 hour!

Yeah I'm not blind.

I'm not on Twitter or Facebook so I'm responding to her this way instead, to let her know I'm listening.

LOL.

She said Morrissey asked for beer!

Did she just talk about accents or did I press the wrong button?

Like what I am hearing...." Action is my middle name"
Like the range and the track is great...

Listening to "Action Is My Middlename", the first track. It's quite simplistic. Like a bit of a Years of Refusal outtake. The band doesn't sound very confident, Morrissey's voice isn't either... :-( Hope his voice will last 'till last night in Eindhoven this tour and no cancellation.

I'm excited! Janice just said it all came together very quickly and the tracks were laid down within an hour.

That's clear listening to the first song...dissapointed for the last time ha ha ha ha

Back
Top Bottom