Morrissey refuses to participate in press conference for Nobel concert (in Norwegian)

Re: Morrissey Refuses to participate in press conference for Nobel concert (in Norwegian)

Perhaps he will show up to see Linder Sterling in Oslo on Thursday instead: nymusikk.no/no/hva-skjer/linder-sterling

Leather's pretty irrelevant as it's a by-product of the meat/dairy torture slaughter food system. get rid of that and leather becomes a rare roadkill luxury. once an animals killed for food, what happens to its' skin isn't of much concern to it. Leather demand comes from the product lifestyle of meat and dairy, it's a subtle but important point. Animals wouldn't be economic to raise purely for leather. edit: i don't wear leather other than a few belts which my father left to me and his old school satchell.

You don't think people would desire leather for leather's sake? I do. Hunting and gathering tribes have used animal skins for clothing and shelter since we made use of tools. And it wasn't for cosmetic reasons but for protection against the elements. Leather is a strong, resilient, and beautiful substance with great utility. I don't see it EVER falling out of fashion unless something suitable is created to replace it. Is pleather really the equivalent of leather?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be careful how chummy you get with Brummie, he strikes me as a 36-38 inch waistline kinda guy.

Stfu fatty. A thirty-six inch waist on a six foot man, is not the same, as one on a five foot six woman. He may wear that well. You don't.

Fair enough, as someone once said. I try to ignore them but they can be somewhat difficult to avoid - and once read it's hard not to find yourself sucked into their world.But I think you're probably right and I appreciate your candour. I prefer myself without them, as it were.

You play the victim, I'll play the disinterested bystander. :rolleyes:

You don't think people would desire leather for leather's sake? I do. Hunting and gathering tribes have used animal skins for clothing and shelter since we made use of tools. And it wasn't for cosmetic reasons but for protection against the elements. Leather is a strong, resilient, and beautiful substance with great utility. I don't see it EVER falling out of fashion unless something suitable is created to replace it. Is pleather really the equivalent of leather?

- - - Updated - - -

Stfu fatty. A thirty-six inch waist on a six foot man, is not the same, as one on a five foot six woman. He may wear that well. You don't.

People desire to drink champagne every day but can't. Ditto leather when Carnism fades. Only popes, kings and Beyonce will be able to afford it. Speaking of which, Beyonce & Jay Z are vegan for a month's trial as well, triggering an interesting debate:

http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...vegan-restaurant-veganism-lifestyle-celebrity

Waist is now 34 after 5:2 Diet protocol, aim for 32 for dancer/swimmer/boxer body 'going forward'. Cock is still 8 inches, or y'know, maybe it's really tiny. The cock gets tired, but the tongue goes all night...and the ladies Like! it. *wink*

Good, I'm glad we agree.

Again, we agree - Morrissey should take it all the way. I do like the Meat is Murder video - I think it is not only effective, it is an artistic high-point in his set. I feel it. When you pull back the curtain what you see is a terribly flawed human being who once really did win hearts and minds. He's a singularly gifted artist who lives a life that very few can even imagine. I do wish that he was vegan, I am greatly disappointed by his misguided public pronouncements, but I agree with his cause.

This post and your other posts that I've seen - you are a poet. Wow.

Do you take any form of medicine? Use matches? Eat bread?
I don't take medicine, or any vitamins or aspirin that have gelatin, and I make my own bread. I'm aware that there might be hidden ingredients, but I try my best to read every label and avoid any animal products. That was actually my point; it might be impossible to be completely "vegan" because of the use of hidden "bi-products", which is why people have to be careful about making it a completely black and white issue. I think that each person has to be guided by his/her own conscience. I was just agreeing with those who said that Morrissey opens himself up for attacks if he takes such a militant stand on vegetarianism, yet ignores the suffering that occurs in the egg/dairy/fashion industries. What's with matches; I don't think I've ever heard anything about that, but I would be interested to know.

lynnda

People desire to drink champagne every day but can't. Ditto leather when Carnism fades. Only popes, kings and Beyonce will be able to afford it. Speaking of which, Beyonce & Jay Z are vegan for a month's trial as well, triggering an interesting debate:

http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...vegan-restaurant-veganism-lifestyle-celebrity

Good point. I think you are right. I know you are, actually.

Excellent article. "When I lived in New York, my local yoga centre would advocate veganism in terms I hadn't heard since I last went to synagogue ("godly") or spoke regularly to anorexics ("clean", "pure")." And it is true. Many fussy diets aren't focused on animal suffering at all. Including Beyonce and Jay Z's vegan adventure.

Waist is now 34 after 5:2 Diet protocol, aim for 32 for dancer/swimmer/boxer body 'going forward'. Cock is still 8 inches, or y'know, maybe it's really tiny. The cock gets tired, but the tongue goes all night...and the ladies Like! it. *wink*

Cock will be nine inches when you get to a 32" waist. :p Congrats on the diet.

I don't take medicine, or any vitamins or aspirin that have gelatin, and I make my own bread. I'm aware that there might be hidden ingredients, but I try my best to read every label and avoid any animal products. That was actually my point; it might be impossible to be completely "vegan" because of the use of hidden "bi-products", which is why people have to be careful about making it a completely black and white issue. I think that each person has to be guided by his/her own conscience. I was just agreeing with those who said that Morrissey opens himself up for attacks if he takes such a militant stand on vegetarianism, yet ignores the suffering that occurs in the egg/dairy/fashion industries. What's with matches; I don't think I've ever heard anything about that, but I would be interested to know.

lynnda

Have you ever thought of writing bedtime stories ? You should do (yawn) :sleeping:

Nighty-night

I was just agreeing with those who said that Morrissey opens himself up for attacks if he takes such a militant stand on vegetarianism, yet ignores the suffering that occurs in the egg/dairy/fashion industries.

How do you know he does this ignoring? He doesn't wear anything made from dead animal (he used to, no-one can erase the past) and, if your view on what constitutes cruelty is not too extreme, it is possible (not necessarily easy, but he's not without means) to get cruelty-free eggs and dairy.

Have you ever thought of writing bedtime stories ? You should do (yawn) :sleeping:

Nighty-night

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post

lynnda

Have you ever thought of writing bedtime stories ? You should do (yawn)

Nighty-night

Best post of 2013 well done

lynnda

Oh I just saw this. Apologies for not posting earlier. You mentioned in a previous post that you couldn't live with yourself if you intentionally contributed to the suffering or death of any animal.

I think we all contribute to the death and suffering from animals every day of our lives. If my children are sick I give them medicine. That medicine can be sold and given to my family because of animal experimentation. Even if you take a tablet which doesn't contain gelatine the medicine you recover with is only in existence because an animal has suffered. And you (like all we do) benefit from that suffering.

If you make your own bread, the flour you use (depending of course if you are using specific bread flour) could contain a flour improver. Pig skin has been known to be used in the production of improvers.

Pork bones have been used in making matches as well as the fat from cows. What about the vegetables we buy? More than likely they have been fertilised with fertiliser that has been processed with an animal by product. Washing powder? Fabric softeners? Bought a piece of wooden furniture? Has the glue used to secure the joins been made with an animal by-product? Ever take the train? Yep, pigs again are used in the brakes.

Sadly, my view is that our world is so wrapped up and tied to using animals that being a strict vegan is almost impossible. Intentionally or not, we all contribute to the death and suffering of an animal. Does knowing this now make you feel that you won't use the train, or any other biodiesel, take another medicine, mill your own flour? And while most of us don't directly contribute to the suffering or death of animals when we benefit in some form we are certainly guilty of an indirect contribution.

Oh I just saw this. Apologies for not posting earlier. You mentioned in a previous post that you couldn't live with yourself if you intentionally contributed to the suffering or death of any animal.

I think we all contribute to the death and suffering from animals every day of our lives. If my children are sick I give them medicine. That medicine can be sold and given to my family because of animal experimentation. Even if you take a tablet which doesn't contain gelatine the medicine you recover with is only in existence because an animal has suffered. And you (like all we do) benefit from that suffering.

If you make your own bread, the flour you use (depending of course if you are using specific bread flour) could contain a flour improver. Pig skin has been known to be used in the production of improvers.

Pork bones have been used in making matches as well as the fat from cows. What about the vegetables we buy? More than likely they have been fertilised with fertiliser that has been processed with an animal by product. Washing powder? Fabric softeners? Bought a piece of wooden furniture? Has the glue used to secure the joins been made with an animal by-product? Ever take the train? Yep, pigs again are used in the brakes.

Sadly, my view is that our world is so wrapped up and tied to using animals that being a strict vegan is almost impossible. Intentionally or not, we all contribute to the death and suffering of an animal. Does knowing this now make you feel that you won't use the train, or any other biodiesel, take another medicine, mill your own flour? And while most of us don't directly contribute to the suffering or death of animals when we benefit in some form we are certainly guilty of an indirect contribution.
What a marvellous post!
I couldn't agree more.
Well I could but I'm a little tired.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom