Morrissey second in cultural icon poll

ellekari

traditional romanticist
...at least that's what he said in Frankfurt yesterday [hopefully not old news? didn't find it before]. First is, as Moz put it, "David Fattenborough". "It's definitely a fix"

Shite, you're gonna be shot now.

I think what must have happened is that they took away all our multiple votes at the last minute, meaning that Macca and Moz allocation of votes was depleted.

However, Uncle Skinny was made to sign a confidentiality agreement, so why wasn't Moz made to do the same (or whoever it was from Camp Moz that found out) and obviously Moz knows that he shouldn't have said anything before the programme on Saturday. I feel that he's bullshitting again and he really has won. Maybe?

...at least that's what he said in Frankfurt yesterday [hopefully not old news? didn't find it before]. First is, as Moz put it, "David Fattenborough". "It's definitely a fix"

I'm saying nothing. I'll tell you a story about this on Saturday night.

Peter

***EDIT***

I forgot to mention - I picked up a 'spare' one of yer actual BBC 'Vote Morrissey' badges. They are actually really crappy and cheap, but if anyone wants it, you can have it for a reasonable donation to Shelter. Well I can try.

**EDIT PLUS**

Also - who wants a Genuine BBC Vote Morrissey T-shirt? As far as I know, there's only three in existence - it's unworn - make me an offer and the money will go to Shelter.

Last edited:
if you want to make a few quid paddy power still have betting open (attenborough at 1/3 to win it)

I find it strange that the people who attended the recording had to sign a form but Morrissey was allowed to tell a whole arena full of people. Also no one seems to have mentioned it on the main board.

I also find the supposed comments "David Fattenborough". "It's definitely a fix" a bit strange considering he’s been telling people all week to vote for McCartney or Attenborough because he felt they deserved it more.

Oh well I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Hahaha I can't believe Morrissey called him "Fattenborough"?! Err...Moz..? :p

Well they might not make the nominees sign confidentially agreements & if he doens't care about it, he might have blabbed to the arena full of people

Well they might not make the nominees sign confidentially agreements & if he doens't care about it, he might have blabbed to the arena full of people

Exactly, how would they ever have pursuaded Morrissey to sign anything like that? They could force Uncleskinny etc into it because otherwise they wouldn't have been allowed to attend the recording. But I can't see Morrissey really giving a f*** about whether or not he's allowed to appear on The Culture Show!? So I don't think he's joking, I think Fattenborough got it. But I want to know this:

how?!

I mean, obviously Morrissey has fans (hello). And Macca now kindly makes music for the lobotomised. But who on earth is an Attenborough Fan?!! :eek:

Exactly, how would they ever have pursuaded Morrissey to sign anything like that? They could force Uncleskinny etc into it because otherwise they wouldn't have been allowed to attend the recording. But I can't see Morrissey really giving a f*** about whether or not he's allowed to appear on The Culture Show!? So I don't think he's joking, I think Fattenborough got it. But I want to know this:

how?!

I mean, obviously Morrissey has fans (hello). And Macca now kindly makes music for the lobotomised. But who on earth is an Attenborough Fan?!! :eek:

Everyone living is an Attenborough fan :)

I love Morrissey much more but Attenborough is wonderful toooo! :D And he is an icon in a way McCartney isn't.

Attenborough has millions of viewers, and has no bad press at all unlike Moz or Macca.

No no no no! People don't huddle round and discuss what Xmas present they'd buy Attenborough, or what aftershave he wears, or which of his documentary voiceovers says most to them about their life? People don't get Attenborough tattoos or make pilgrimages to his teenage haunts or go to Attenborough conventions (I hope). There's no such thing as an Attenborough fan and yet he beat the guy with the fanbase so politely described by that woman on The Culture Show last week as "zealots" (aka nutters)! It's really crazy! It is, though!

But I can't see Morrissey really giving a f*** about whether or not he's allowed to appear on The Culture Show!?

Yeah I suppose you’re right, Morrissey’s got nothing to lose.

I don’t know how these things work, but I wouldn’t have thought he would have known the outcome yet.

No no no no! People don't huddle round and discuss what Xmas present they'd buy Attenborough, or what aftershave he wears, or which of his documentary voiceovers says most to them about their life? People don't get Attenborough tattoos or make pilgrimages to his teenage haunts or go to Attenborough conventions (I hope). There's no such thing as an Attenborough fan and yet he beat the guy with the fanbase so politely described by that woman on The Culture Show last week as "zealots" (aka nutters)! It's really crazy! It is, though!

Doesn't matter what people do about Attenborough. He's so far ingrained in the nations consciousness that people don't even think about him much. They take him for granted. But when he's gone, they'll cry :( .

but I wouldn’t have thought he would have known the outcome yet.

Well as it was a recorded show, I assume at some point they would have said 'and the winner is............' followed by huge applause as the winner either walks into the studio or appears live via satalite link.
Assuming Morrissey never got the phone call on Tuesday then he will know he hasn't won.
But Skinney will reveal all on Saturday!

The Goat

just back from Frankfurt & I too can confirm that Moz said it was David Fattenborough that won it! Great gig by the way he was on top form, very chatty & his voice was the best I've heard in ages, ok he made a couple of cock-ups lyrically but who cares! I'll bung some pics up tomoz all being well!
Nightmare or a journey back, effin security at Heathrow, complaint going in tomoz!

love

Grim

Back
Top Bottom