Morrissey Self-Portrait (2007)

It's great if the vegans you knew had adequate B12 levels. Like I said though, they'd have to be taking some sort of supplement or eating a fortified food as B12 can only be found in animal products.

Yeah, of course. Few people go vegetarian without looking into stuff like that at all. It's a part of da game.

That study did not claim vegetarian diets led those people to have greater heath issues. It stated that those in the study who self-identify as vegetarian had greater health issues. Why? Which came first, poor health led them to become vegetarians? Or diet caused the health problems? It seems to be the former. Those with allergies tried a veg diet to combat them. Those who oppose vaccines also oppose eating meat. Seems it is a case for the veggie lifestyle/mindset being the correlation here and not the diet itself.

You make a very valid point; some people turn to veganism/vegetarianism because of health issues; in fact, many people who are diagnosed with cancer are urged to try a vegan diet as part of their recovery plan. Since we don't know exactly who was included in the study, its results are open to debate. Also, I don't think it stated who conducted or commissioned the study, which adds to the lack of credibility. I'd say most people, vegetarian or not, have unhealthy diets.I know vegetarians who are obsessive about their diets and others who live on cookies, cigarettes, coffee, and beer. It depends on their motivation for choosing that diet.

lynnda

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom