Morrissey sells signed other peoples albums - NME, Louder Than War, Consequence of Sound

So he's now signing albums by other artists and sells them at 300 dollars apiece at his concerts.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/morrissey-signed-bunch-artists-albums-hes-selling-2561658

I can't decide who we should be more worried about: Morrissey or the people who actually buy these.

Also:

Weird merch : Morrissey selling classic albums by other people that he has autographed on his merch stall - Louder Than War. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Morrissey is signing other artists’ albums and selling them for $300 at shows - Consequence of Sound. Link posted by an anonymous person.

UPDATE Oct. 29:

Link from shoplifterromo:

Why Is Morrissey Like This? - SPIN

Last edited by a moderator:
No autographed albums by the following twats::thumb:

New Order
Sparks
James (I doubt they print out more than a couple dozen anyways)
Billy Bragg
:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: :brows:
Elvis Costello
Hooky ( I doubt any exist.)
"VegaBlitz":lbf:
the and with the cuck who says molecules make music.:crazy:
The Cult
the toothless twat from the cartoon group.:lbf:
the knob Kelele Ukelele:cool:

you think that’s funny, do ya? Bowie will be spinning in his grave. How dare Morrissey profit from him without his consent. It’s f***ing disgusting. Anyone who condones it is a low life piece of shit

hahahahaha.

Yeah, people are paying 300 for a record that they could get for $20 or less.

Use your loaf.

What a shit article. People who read Consequence of Sound wash their paper plates. I would buy a few. Supply & Demand snowflakes.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

where do you get these bizarre laws? Reading the Koran?:turban:
WtF??? this is not communism or Islam. Here if you buy an LP you can do whatever you want with it FFS.
:lbf:

i just thought of something: :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: cant afford to buy LPs to autograph. :persevere:

i bet you’re breaking out in hives and having a right meltdown eh, I can sense your distress :laughing:

Every time I see a post by Ketamine Sun with that knowing ;) or mysterious :cool: at the end, I hear that
"You're still learning, aren't you, Whittaker?"
line in my head.
Wonder if anyone else can hear it too? Can you? ;)

I also wonder if Morrissey, now that he has black connections in the music business, could find and sign that "I could never take the place of your man." single. Man. What a song that was.
Do you think you could imitate Prince's signature, Morrissey?
(Oh just sign, "with all my love and admiration, hello from Heaven, Roger." :sweet: )

Imagine you spent years writing a book, or writing songs and recording an album. You put every fiber of your soul into the effort. And then another artist signs copies of your life's work with a modicum of effort and sells it for a hefty profit.

If you say you would be fine with it, I am extremely skeptical.

Every time I see a post by Ketamine Sun with that knowing ;) or mysterious :cool: at the end, I hear that
"You're still learning, aren't you, Whittaker?"
line in my head.
Wonder if anyone else can hear it too? Can you? ;)

I also wonder if Morrissey, now that he has black connections in the music business, could find and sign that "I could never take the place of your man." single. Man. What a song that was.
Do you think you could imitate Prince's signature, Morrissey?
(Oh just sign, "with all my love and admiration, hello from Heaven, Roger." :sweet: )

hahahahaha.

;) :cool:

Imagine you spent years writing a book, or writing songs and recording an album. You put every fiber of your soul into the effort. And then another artist signs copies of your life's work with a modicum of effort and sells it for a hefty profit.

If you say you would be fine with it, I am extremely skeptical.

They may be grateful that their art is being appreciated again.

Maybe the person who is paying 300$ for his autograph will also listen to the record that Morrissey is kindly sharing with a mostly unappreciative world.

He could sign anything.
The buyer is paying for his autograph not the record
it’s on.
The artist also has made a profit
off the record through their record company that released the record in the first place.

So Morrissey couldn’t be bothered to put out a statement upon David Bowie’s death but a couple years on he’ll deface one of his albums with his child-like scrawling?

How fast would a statement be issued (along with a cease and desist order) if another artist was hocking defaced copies of Morrissey’s records at highway robbery prices at their gigs?

How fast would a statement be issued (along with a cease and desist order) if another artist was hocking defaced copies of Morrissey’s records at highway robbery prices at their gigs?

Yes, but people are paying for his autograph not for the record that it’s on.

I don’t see how another artist can pull this off.

I mean why would someone pay 300$ for a Morrissey record signed by a lesser artist that they could buy at a more reasonable price somewhere else.

They may be grateful that their art is being appreciated again.

Maybe the person who is paying 300$ for his autograph will also listen to the record that Morrissey is kindly sharing with a mostly unappreciative world.

He could sign anything.
The buyer is paying for his autograph not the record
it’s on.
The artist also has made a profit
off the record through their record company that released the record in the first place.

Here. Have a medal. A signed one. When Morrissey shits on a parade of disabled kids from a helicopter while sieg-heiling, I'll be right here to await your justification.

DDQXa95.jpg

‘So he's now signing albums by other artists ...’

Morrissey is having a giggle as he rightly knows this first and pioneering
move will befuddle and irritate many who after all never understood him in the first place.

You are hoplessly deluded. He just did this to irritate many - that's your explanation? OK then. If that's the deal ... which charity is Morrissey donating the funds from this irritathon to?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom