Morrissey sells signed other peoples albums - NME, Louder Than War, Consequence of Sound

So he's now signing albums by other artists and sells them at 300 dollars apiece at his concerts.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/morrissey-signed-bunch-artists-albums-hes-selling-2561658

I can't decide who we should be more worried about: Morrissey or the people who actually buy these.

Also:

Weird merch : Morrissey selling classic albums by other people that he has autographed on his merch stall - Louder Than War. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Morrissey is signing other artists’ albums and selling them for $300 at shows - Consequence of Sound. Link posted by an anonymous person.

UPDATE Oct. 29:

Link from shoplifterromo:

Why Is Morrissey Like This? - SPIN

Last edited by a moderator:
You should visit, it’s a really nice village with lots of bars and restaurants. A number of the Man Utd footballers live here as well as a some musicians from Manchester bands.

Wienholt bakery :thumb:
Love their pies. ( Don't forget to pick up a number off the wall when queuing)

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Wienholt bakery :thumb:
Love their pies. ( Don't forget to pick up a number off the wall when queuing)

Yes I made that mistake when I first moved here. My eldest daughters friends parents own that place and they were totally oblivious that Morrissey and Bernard Sumner shopped in there.

There's no mystery at all skinny, you're just a f***in deranged idiot & this is the only place that lets you in.

You're the joke that keeps on giving & the reason I come here.

Alderley Park? Hmm, sounds like the name of the institution that provides you with your monthly medication. You are still taking it, aren't you? Good boy.

Funny how Skinny thinks hes mysterious and debonair. Imagine walking on the sidewalk when suddenly out of a pothole a fat head pops out asking for a few quid. There you have your mysterious "Benny" or "Surface" or any other Skinny alias.

He ain't. :)

...This heated row about Orderly Edge, its bedsits and celebs who may or may not clean gutters has really made me want to visit, now. ;) :cool:

None of these Skinny usernames exist or have been in any of these places. Skinny may have been there on an errand and my have swiped a pie and took it back and showed it proudly around the bedsit in the council estate.

So says some entitled twat who thinks that Morrissey is the son of God and whose contribution to this forum is basically trolling in massive, multicoloured size 20 font - a habit you manage to conveniently 'snap out of' when you want to be taken seriously.

Morrissey's current "career" is a car crash of his own making. Everybody on here loved him once, AND Johnny. Not one or the other but both. He f***ed it up completely, he practically pisses on his own fans and you wonder why we turns towards Marr?

You are basic Johnny Marr troll. Thats your existence. Johnny is a musical mediocrity not worthy of a forum of his own, so his parasitic trolls invade Moz who is an icon and has a huge following
Johnny Marr is a glorified second banana. Thats all he will ever be.

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: will read all this and try to stumble out of his hospital bed so as to write one last sucko comet song.
that nobody will publish and nobody will care about. so its wrong to excite him:flushed:
yes he was always second in line it is what it is. he just didnt have the genius molecule that Moz had.:expressionless:

ps the Skinny username 'met' the guy from the pie store when he was nabbed swiping wallets there.:smiley:
he has no money to just go inside and buy.:smiley:

You are basic Johnny Marr troll. Thats your existence. Johnny is a musical mediocrity not worthy of a forum of his own, so his parasitic trolls invade Moz who is an icon and has a huge following
Johnny Marr is a glorified second banana. Thats all he will ever be.

The Johnny Marr "trolls" on this site are the people who invent fictional stories about "DramaJ" in every post, pretending he is dying of cancer/AIDS, claiming that he is gay or that he lives in a hospice, that was he fired from the Smiths and various other lies. They're the f***ing trolls. The rest of us are simply fans who are wondering why 'the singer' has gone insane and are grateful that at least ONE member of the Smiths is still here, still playing music and still in touch with reality.

Another reason that Marr is mentioned a lot on here is because Morrissey's own musicians were painfully piss-poor for years on end. There are only so many woeful, cack-handed versions of Cemetry Gates or Girl Afraid any fan can hear before you start missing 'orchestrazia Ardwick'. And in fact, when Morrissey's career was in a better place - during Vauxhall or YATQ - fans mentioned Marr much less. A solo artist of Morrissey's calibre and history could work with far better musicians than the mediocre lackeys he has always chosen, and he knows it.

Last edited:
Let me open your eyes. This is no longer a Morrissey fan site, it stopped being that some years back. If the site was called Morrissey-Hate.com, the content wouldn't be any different. The management either actively hates Morrissey or is only interested in ad revenue generated by the traffic, possibly both. Consequently it is overrun with an alarming amount of trolls spouting genuine hate speech.

There are other Marr sites on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Thank goodness they are much more tightly moderated. They don't tolerate what goes on here. In addition, I noticed a music forum, also well-moderated that deleted an entire thread about Morrissey recently when it got too heated with people insulting each other.

Ironically, you and I are doing the same thing here: defending our heroes.

The management either actively hates Morrissey or is only interested in ad revenue generated by the traffic, possibly both.

Is that so?

Well, thanks for your past and continuing postings on a site that you dislike.

:clap:

your support is greatly appreciated.

:thumb:

BTW

I have no heroes.

The Johnny Marr "trolls" on this site are the people who invent fictional stories about "DramaJ" in every post, pretending he is dying of cancer/AIDS, claiming that he is gay or that he lives in a hospice, that was he fired from the Smiths and various other lies. They're the f***ing trolls. The rest of us are simply fans who are wondering why 'the singer' has gone insane and are grateful that at least ONE member of the Smiths is still here, still playing music and still in touch with reality.

Another reason that Marr is mentioned a lot on here is because Morrissey's own musicians were painfully piss-poor for years on end. There are only so many woeful, cack-hacked versions of Cemetry Gates or Girl Afraid any fan can hear before you start missing 'orchestrazia Ardwick'. And in fact, when Morrissey's career was in a better place - during Vauxhall or YATQ - fans mentioned Marr much less. A solo artist of Morrissey's calibre and history could work with far better musicians than the mediocre lackeys he has always chosen, and he knows it.

Spot on Amy.
I wasn’t going to be bothered posting this but reading your comments above has prompted me.
I’ve watched lots of footage on this recent US/Canada tour. It’s so difficult to watch but I persisted. The musical arrangements are awful. Boorer just strumming along on acoustic guitar. Heavy metal Jesse no finesse or craft. So much reliance on the Synth/Keyboards. Lazy lyric noises thrown all over the shop. Lights and smoke.
Not sure how it all evolved into this mess. Could it be a tight budget with his label’s growing increasingly fed up throwing money at him?
Now think back to the live sounds of the Vauxhall era. Even though Boorer was there and he’s still on board this lot just can’t come anywhere close. Boorer in my opinion has a lot to answer for in the demise of the line up and the dreadful noise they produce when they try to recreate the back catalogue of great songs.
The latest tour just looks like a huge smash and grab bank job.
I know this will cause some on here to go apeshit BUT I know far to much on the subject because I was actually there many times at many performances before this horrible pathetic-season-ticket-line-list-cult lot were ejaculated.
To them they know no different. They are very easily pleased and in return Morrissey became VERY LAZY. He just can’t do it anymore and that’s all there is to it.
However on the other hand I went to see Johnny Marr not long ago at The Albert Hall in Manchester. Cracking venue. Johnny came on pacing up and down the stage like a man possessed. Including Johnny the line up is a four piece but they certainly know how to get the best sound out of their instruments, it’s all there on utube to prove I am right just as is the horrid shite of the smash and grab raid Morrissey has just committed.
Anyway enough for now. I enjoy reading your posts Amy, so refreshing. Enjoy the rest of the weekend whatever you do.
Many thanks.

Spot on Amy.
I wasn’t going to be bothered posting this but reading your comments above has prompted me.
I’ve watched lots of footage on this recent US/Canada tour. It’s so difficult to watch but I persisted. The musical arrangements are awful. Boorer just strumming along on acoustic guitar. Heavy metal Jesse no finesse or craft. So much reliance on the Synth/Keyboards. Lazy lyric noises thrown all over the shop. Lights and smoke.
Not sure how it all evolved into this mess. Could it be a tight budget with his label’s growing increasingly fed up throwing money at him?
Now think back to the live sounds of the Vauxhall era. Even though Boorer was there and he’s still on board this lot just can’t come anywhere close. Boorer in my opinion has a lot to answer for in the demise of the line up and the dreadful noise they produce when they try to recreate the back catalogue of great songs.
The latest tour just looks like a huge smash and grab bank job.
I know this will cause some on here to go apeshit BUT I know far to much on the subject because I was actually there many times at many performances before this horrible pathetic-season-ticket-line-list-cult lot were ejaculated.
To them they know no different. They are very easily pleased and in return Morrissey became VERY LAZY. He just can’t do it anymore and that’s all there is to it.
However on the other hand I went to see Johnny Marr not long ago at The Albert Hall in Manchester. Cracking venue. Johnny came on pacing up and down the stage like a man possessed. Including Johnny the line up is a four piece but they certainly know how to get the best sound out of their instruments, it’s all there on utube to prove I am right just as is the horrid shite of the smash and grab raid Morrissey has just committed.
Anyway enough for now. I enjoy reading your posts Amy, so refreshing. Enjoy the rest of the weekend whatever you do.
Many thanks.

Good post - I was at the Albert Hall with my daughter that night Benny, I think Amy was also there.

The thing that makes me laugh on this site is that there are a couple of trolls who spend their life spouting shit on here yet have never even seen Morrissey. The bizarre thing is, barely anyone responds to them. What sort of life must they have?

Another reason that Marr is mentioned a lot on here is because Morrissey's own musicians were painfully piss-poor for years on end. There are only so many woeful, cack-hacked versions of Cemetry Gates or Girl Afraid any fan can hear before you start missing 'orchestrazia Ardwick'. And in fact, when Morrissey's career was in a better place - during Vauxhall or YATQ - fans mentioned Marr much less. A solo artist of Morrissey's calibre and history could work with far better musicians than the mediocre lackeys he has always chosen, and he knows it.

Nobody is stopping you Johnny Marr trolls from posting a Johnny Marr fan forum and fill it with an endless dribble of nonsense about Super Johnny the wigged flake.
His lack of talent is why he has been let go not only by Moz but many others, including The The, Pretenders, Bryan Ferry... the list goes on and on..

You can pretend he is robust and lifting cows for all we care here. Just stop trolling.

Nobody is stopping you Johnny Marr trolls from posting a Johnny Marr fan forum and fill it with an endless dribble of nonsense about Super Johnny the wigged flake.
His lack of talent is why he has been let go not only by Moz but many others, including The The, Pretenders, Bryan Ferry... the list goes on and on..

You can pretend he is robust and lifting cows for all we care here. Just stop trolling.

I think Johnny's politics are bollocks and he's blocked me on Twatter but to talk about lack of talent is clearly bollocks. Who do you think created The Smiths music? It certainly wasn't Moz. Get a grip.

Moz created the lyrics and the melodies, which is the foundation of the music. How many memorable, if any, melodies has Johnny created since Moz 'excused' him from the Smiths? None. How many decent musical backings? None. How many half decent 'musical songs'? None.
You have to be punch drunk to listen to "Call the Comet" all they way through, his 'masterpiece'.

Good post - I was at the Albert Hall with my daughter that night Benny, I think Amy was also there.

The thing that makes me laugh on this site is that there are a couple of trolls who spend their life spouting shit on here yet have never even seen Morrissey. The bizarre thing is, barely anyone responds to them. What sort of life must they have?

Such a great night he was on top form.
One of my favourite boozers in the back street right behind The Albert Hall as well, Sir Ralph Abercromby. Historic pub that was witness to The Peterloo Massacre. They serve a cracking pint of Timmy Taylor's Landlord.

Who do you think created The Smiths music? It certainly wasn't Moz. Get a grip.

Oh really?

It is the words, the melodies, that voice which IS THE MUSIC to many ears and hearts, still is.

And it’s the reason why an artist of Morrissey’s caliber can sell his autograph on anything and most likely
someone will buy it. As ‘talented’ as you think Marr (still?) is, he could never (and honey, you can bet he would like to) get $300 for a recent autograph of his at his shows.

Oh really?

It is the words, the melodies, that voice which IS THE MUSIC to many ears and hearts, still is.

And it’s the reason why an artist of Morrissey’s caliber can sell his autograph on anything and most likely
someone will buy it. As ‘talented’ as you think Marr (still?) is, he could never (and honey, you can bet he would like to) get $300 for a recent autograph of his at his shows.

It's both. Ying and Yang. I've heard some of JM's stuff, mainly the singles. The music's still there but obviously his voice isn't the greatest and his lyrics are appalling.

Well yes of course, but we don’t know if it’s going to charity or not. So we could say it’s the buyers money, then it’s Morrissey’s money, and if he chooses to, then it will become the charities money.

As far as I can remember he rarely goes out of his way to publicize his acts of charity, guess he feels it’s not a good look for him.

And he rarely does what is expected of him.

Yes it is his business what he does with his money, it’s funny that people here are trying to make it their business.

But really rifke, are you going over to the dark side of the force? Please don’t say it’s true. :confused::(

This was all great until the last sentence. I wanted to upvote until then. Then for the last sentence, I wanted to downvote you. And then song saved my life.

Two paths ahead now. Flee to Mexico from his crimes. Carted off in a straight jacket to a psychiatric hospital.

In Mexico, I lay on the grass
And I cried my heart out
For want of my love, oh

FFS :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: cant write himself out of a paper bagdoh:
all he did was put his silly annoying :guitar: riff on the smiths songs but
moz is responsible for all the lyrics, words, melodies and music. :rock:

get all the 'so low' :lbf: DramaJ 'music' together and find one single piece of what
normal people consider 'music'o_O You cant there is none.

Lots of caterwauling and noise but no music.:mask:

Moz created the lyrics and the melodies, which is the foundation of the music. How many memorable, if any, melodies has Johnny created since Moz 'excused' him from the Smiths? None. How many decent musical backings? None. How many half decent 'musical songs'? None.
You have to be punch drunk to listen to "Call the Comet" all they way through, his 'masterpiece'.

You should really try and familiarise yourself with The Smiths songwriting process..... Johnny Marr created the music. It's there in countless books and countless interviews. Even Morrissey's autof***ingbiography.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom